PDA

View Full Version : Prayer to Hughie

saphire
18-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Dear Hughie,
Please give these poor fishing souls some fantastic fishing weather.
They need to get outside in the warm sunshine and on flat water and use their sacred fishing rods.
Thanking you in advanced for the wonderful weather you are going to supply.
saphire [smiley=angel.gif]

mulletgut
19-09-2005, 07:09 AM
saphire,
if that prayer was for the wekend that past, it didn't work real well.
I'm so peeved off about it. I had all the camping gear ready, my two boys
fired up about a weekend away from the girls, lots of fishing and alot of male
bonding and none of the above eventuated.
So to take my frustration away, i decided to replace the bearings on the boat trailer. took the tyre off so that i could take the hub off and found that the springs on one side had cracked right through and was driving around on 2 springs instead of 5. So that cost me a bit and to top it off no fishing at all.

mulletgut

MrWong
19-09-2005, 09:23 AM
That suxs Mulletgut - far worse than my flu and being at home doing schoolwork - Trailers sux and I think we have all had our horror stories - mine was a lost wheel half way home to Toowoomba from Townsville bearings and axle destroyed( 5pm on a Friday night is not a great time for calling the RACQ 50 km out of Kingaroy). Ahh but that was a while ago - plenty of sunny days and fun times since then new boats and new ladies hehehe :o :o then sun allways rises again and eventually the sea becomes a millpond that is boiling with macks!
Hmmmm tooo deep for a Monday - Kingtin - Madman - Pegasus -------- help me! ;D

Bosunsmate
19-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I sympathise with you mulletgut,

Could think of nothing better than to spend a bit of time bonding with the boy......Just makes for a better reason to do it another week end....

Make the most of the short time we have before they grow too old to enjoy our company......

bidkev
19-09-2005, 12:33 PM

Could think of nothing better than to spend a bit of time bonding with the boy......Just makes for a better reason to do it another week end....

Make the most of the short time we have before they grow too old to enjoy our company......

Stay young and they'll *always* enjoy your company :) I was once taught that to keep kids happy you had to come down to their level. Now, whenever they bring a mate round, I make a point of farting or burping ;) ;D............they think I'm cool :D

cheers

kev

Lucky_Phill
19-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Hope you had the boys helping you with the trailer. It would be a good grounding for them, and also a lesson in maintainence.

Sometimes these things happen to us, I call them OMENS.

GOOD Omen that you didn't go, as having a set of springs fall apart with a car full of kids on the side of the road is not funny.

You could look at it this way:-

you got more time with the whole family,

you carried out necessary work on the trailer, thus avoiding trouble,

the boys learnt a lesson in " best laid plans " etc,

You left some fish for the rest of us,

and in the end, saved the bucks from fishing and spent it on the trailer.

The sun will always rise and there will always be next time ! ;)

Cheers Phill

westie
19-09-2005, 08:08 PM

Stay young and they'll *always* enjoy your company :) I was once taught that to keep kids happy you had to come down to their level. Now, whenever they bring a mate round, I make a point of farting or burping ;) ;D............they think I'm cool :D

cheers

kev

I can tell you lot that is a male thing ONLY we had 8 girl over for a sleepover and if I did that my daughter would dissown me for life.

saphire
19-09-2005, 08:56 PM
LOL..
Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.

westie
19-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I could........... but I won't.................... but I would Love to say it

BUT I CAN'T Saphire I admit defeat This time

mattooty
19-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm so peeved off about it. I had all the camping gear ready, my two boys
fired up about a weekend away from the girls, lots of fishing and alot of male
bonding and none of the above eventuated.

mulletgut

hahahahahahahaha, sorry mulletgut, i read that post wrong, i read none of the above eventuated as none of the above ejaculated. Really sorry if this post gets deleted. Im laughing pretty hard right now. thought id share the laughter, after all, caring is sharing.
Hahahahahahaha, sorry guyz
Matt

bidkev
20-09-2005, 05:34 PM

cheers

kev

I can tell you lot that is a male thing ONLY #we had 8 girl over for a sleepover and if I did that my daughter would dissown me for life.

Too true mate. Why do you think I do it? :D Can't be doing with giggling girls on sleepovers who monopolise the pool and bathroom.. A couple of silent but deadlies and now the lass *never* fetches anyone home......she goes to their place instead ;) ;D She's still a good mate though and she has been known to blame the dog on a number of occasions, so at least she's learned something. ;D ;D