PDA

View Full Version : Real life water rats

MIKOS
20-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Tonight should be good as the rats are chasing a fisherman doing illegal things and he is supposed to have weapons on board as well :o.probably incase one of those marlin tries to attack him :o

Black_Rat
20-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the reminder [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

MIKOS
20-09-2005, 04:15 PM
forgot to add the time is 8pm on the ABC. ;)

ba229
20-09-2005, 05:15 PM
and it is an awesome show.

well worth watching

macca
20-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah great show.

How do you get a great job like that?

Was that the last tonight?

Macca

StevenM
21-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah was (was) a great show, I missed a few and hope they replay them.

Cheers Steven

MIKOS
21-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah that guy they busted had all of those undersized lobbies and a hell of alot of ammo and guns.What the hell is with tasmanians ::).They seem to own a lot of guns :o.He was guilty as sin.Its a shame that as always there is a few bad eggs out there with make it bad for us.

MIKOS

bugman
21-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Mikos,

It's a great show. Tasmania is a wonderful place - how about maatsuyker island. I bet those sort of fantastic days don't come around all that often.

Did you see the text on the screen after the fisherman segment. He only had ONE illegal crayfish but was facing some weapons offences.

Bugman

TheBream
21-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah that guy they busted had all of those undersized lobbies and a hell of alot of ammo and guns.What the hell is with tasmanians ::).They seem to own a lot of guns :o.He was guilty as sin.Its a shame that as always there is a few bad eggs out there with make it bad for us.

MIKOS

didn't you read what they put on the screen?

out of all the lobsters only one was undersize and he was only done for gun offences for the unsecured ammo ;)
stil he had a strange way of looking after some of his catch with all those frezzers (hey blaze is didn't think you guys needed frezzers down there ;D)

MIKOS
21-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi Bugman

The conditions were great.Loved the part were the skipper knew exactly what he was doing and stopped the vessel in the minimum depth of 2 meters.The water was glassed out.
My apologies that i didnt read the text that he only got done for one lobbie.Just saw the weird freezer set up and the police pulling out heaps of frozen lobbies.

MIKOS

StevenM
21-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Bugman,

how well do crasys freeze, is flesh / meat noticably different??

Cheers
Steven

blaze
21-09-2005, 10:40 AM
only caught the tail end of the show, lovely looking spot down there though, tell me its a good place for big SBT's. never seen them freeze cray, most of the boats I have been on/seen have wet wells.
cheers
blaze

blaze
21-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi yo
There is no comparison between fresh and frozen, fresh is always best
cheers
blaze

Black_Rat
21-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah only one undrsized but a few without their tails clipped #:o ::)

bugman
22-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Steven,

Blaze is right - you can't beat fresh but when I go down to Tassie I always take my engel and fill it up with frozen crays to bring back home. (within bag limits of course ;)) I've eaten then sometimes as long as 3 months after capture as i like to save them for a special occasion. They still eat fine. It also depends what you do with them because after a while in the freezer I'll often cook them up a different way rather than just eating the cold out of the shell washed down with beer.

That's about the best thought hey blaze :)