PDA

View Full Version : Cooktown Xmas M & G

megafish71
20-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Was so impressed with the fishing out of Cooktown, I have decided to head back up there for a week just after Xmas. I was wondering if anybdy else was interested in heading up there for a bit of a meet and greet. I am heading up there on the 28th of dec and heading home on the 4th of Jan. I have booked my accommodation at the Cooktown Holiday Park on Charlotte street. I must say this is a great park with the new owners spending a tad over 4 million bucks on it in the last 12 months. They have everything there and they do cater for the fishers with a great boat wash down area and fish cleaning station. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers Ron

FNQCairns
20-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi Ron, I certainly am interested if I can pull this boat together by then, seems possible but will not know until closer.
Think I have stayed there a few years ago it was an easygoing Holiday park, nice when you can leave everything out and unattended and it is still all there when you get back.
cheers fnq

megafish71
20-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Would be great to see you up there NQ. One of the local guides said the weather should be great up there at that time. I know it was last year, at bit on the warm side but water conditions were great.

Ron

cooky
20-09-2005, 04:00 PM
i've got some interest. will know how I'm travelling for time closer to then. May take the wife / kids if airconditioned cottages available.

otherwise I could try sneaking away - don't know how much luck I'd have though

megafish71
20-09-2005, 04:58 PM
i've got some interest. #will know how I'm travelling for time closer to then. #May take the wife / kids if airconditioned cottages available.

otherwise I could try sneaking away - don't know how much luck I'd have though

Just spent the weekend in a great two bedroom fully aircon cabin in the park. Most of these are brand new and have ensuite, kitchen and TV.

Ron

megafish71
21-09-2005, 09:00 AM
If anyone is interested let me know. May be able to get a good deal at the caravan park for a group booking.

Cheers Ron

Nathanrb4
21-09-2005, 03:49 PM
i spent last xmass up at Cape Flattery (about 70km north of Cooktown) last year and it was awesome! you`ll have an absolute ball up there.

megafish71
22-09-2005, 04:09 PM
i spent last xmass up at Cape Flattery (about 70km north of Cooktown) last year and it was awesome! you`ll have an absolute ball up there.

What was the weather like up there last year Nathan. The locals told us the wind is usually down, just have to watch out for storms in the arvo.

Ron

dfox
22-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I should be up your way over christmas ron,i probably wont venture up to cooktown, but i should be around cairns a bit before chrissy...

megafish71
24-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I should be up your way over christmas ron,i probably wont venture up to cooktown, but i should be around cairns a bit before chrissy...

You will have to look me up when you get up here this year Foxy. I'll be about before chrissy this year, might even be down Innisfail way for chrissy seeing my folks, so give me a yell.

Cheers Ron