PDA

View Full Version : Retired NZ frigate Wellington soon to be a reef

Hoges
23-09-2005, 07:47 AM
The retired frigate Wellington (F69), soon to be a living reef!
SINK DAY 12th NOV, 2005 at 3.00PM.
http://www.divewreck.co.nz/F69/index.php

You have to love the way the KIwi's have the intro to this website and the big celebrations they are making of this sinking. :D

Also check out the NZ auction site where someone is selling off pieces from the Frigate. :-/
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=1141448

subzero
23-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Got rid of the airforce and now we are getting rid of 50% of the NZ Navy in one foul swoop as well. sigghh, when will Helen Clark learn ;)

It is pretty good the way they have given it a bit of a theme instead of just sinking her, they are turning it into a celebration (And obviously making a quid doing it)... dine, on her, go down with the ship... plenty of great ideas

Outsider
23-09-2005, 06:23 PM
It's not like they need an Air Force or a Navy - who'd be desperate enough to invade them? ;D

theoldlegend
23-09-2005, 06:43 PM
There could be some dollars in it for somebody. An entrepreneur perhaps? Are there any such persons in N Z?

I follow the markets reasonably closely and I will say this:

Forget the Yen, the Euro and the US; the big thing is the NZ dollar.

It has gone from about $1.15 Aud last year down to about $1.09 Aud at the present. This is horrifiying!! Also very embarrasing.

Could we annex N Z and make it a suburb of Tasmania?

TOL

blaze
23-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi Legend
bloody ell we have a population of 2000 kiwis now in 10000 do we really need to inherit more :) :)
cheers
blaze

Fishin_Dan
24-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Wouldn't it just be an extension of Bondi in Sydney??? ;D

theoldlegend
24-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi Blaze,

Sorry about that. Just got a bit carried away, that's all. As I've mentioned to you previously, my wife Gwenda, has distant rellys there in Tassie around Scottsdale. The landed gentry, I believe. Afternoon tea at 4 with fine bone china and scones with cream, all that stuff. Tradesmen via the tradesmen's entrance thank you.

Any chance I get, I like to put the boot in about Tassie to her. Seriously, would like to get there one day.

Will send you a PM.

Regards,

TOL