PDA

View Full Version : Watches

woody74
25-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Does anyone have or use a watch with tide times and all that stuff? Looking at a Casio Forester Fish'n'Time watch for surf fishing and was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of these watches. There is a picture of this watch on page 86 in August edition of fishing monthly. Hope someone can help me out with this one. CHEERS woody.

Outsider
25-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Just bought a "Rip Curl SSS Pump ATS Tidemaster. Brand new in box with instruction/warranty booklet and band adjusting tool. Factory warranty. 100% stainless steel case with rotating bezel and stainless steel screw crown. 100% stainless steel adjustable 20mm band with double locking clasp. 5 jewel swiss movement! Water resistant to 200m/660'. Retails for US$219.95!! #Features time, date, tide height, tide range, moon phase. Blue face color with glow in the dark hands and hour indicators.".

Been great so far, afetr I set the tide function to South Passage Bar it's been spot on. Same with the moon phase. Price on pic is US$. Think they were about A$400+ in surfshops here. Needless to say I bought off Ebay and payed alot less than that.

I know Peter Pakula swears by a Casio watch that Shimano was giving away with certain reel purchases at one time. Had fish symbols that showed how good the fishing might be at a particular time.

#