PDA

View Full Version : The Boatshed Burns down

JT
22-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Just caught the evening news and saw a report that Brad Smith's Boatshed Tackle in Currumbin was gutted by fire early this morning, along with 6 other businesses in the complex. My thought are with Brad at this time, I have never met a nicer guy or someone more helpful when it comes to fishing advice.
Marty_Z and I had the pleasure of having Smithy as a guide in Weipa last year and we had a ball. If ever you need a charter operator on the Broadwater or on the Tweed I can highly recommend Brad.
There is talk that the fire was deliberatly lit, I hope they catch the %$#%ers and justice is served (in this day and age that is unlikely >:()
I hope you get back on your feet soon mate.

Cheers

John

fishingnottake
22-09-2005, 07:45 PM
damn i was going to call in there this afternoon to stock up for the weeked, you're right though, it was a great place, and the service was always phenomanal

StevenM
23-09-2005, 07:21 AM
Sorry to hear that bad news,

I am sure everyone feels the same and will support Brad where ever he opens next. He is a top bloke, and a great guide.

Cheers Steven

Hagar
23-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Yep - we sure hope Brad and the boys get back on their feet soon . Hope the coppers have some leads on the little sh*#@ts who are apparently responsible >:( >:(. News is all bad for us local fisho's too with Brad being the supplier of all things mackeral - especially the special little pillies .

Chris

rando
23-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear of Brads misfortune. You are right, he is a great bloke and guide.
A couple of years ago my brother and I booked a charter with him, and due to extremely high water temperature(31deg) we had an ordinary day. Brad offered to take us out again at reduced rates as he was unhappy that the fish were off the bite. How many operators would do that for you.
Brad! I hope you recover quickly and all the best for the future.
rando

Heath
23-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Chris,

Luckly I bought a box off him the other week ;)

Called in yesterday just as he was leaving. Keeping his chin up the moment he is.

warrior
23-09-2005, 04:00 PM
in moments like these you really would like to catch the culprits yourself and give them to the owners of all the bussinesses that were effected,at least they would think twice about any crimes after they were finished with them.the courts have got it all wrong with the way they deal with crims.

Hagar
25-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Name your price Heath . Now I don't suppose your bait freezer is on the patio

by any chance..........!

Chris

fishin_till_late
25-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Lets just hope the new boatshed opens soon and is twice as better as the old one, not ony to the boatshed but the other businesses badly effected too!

Heath
25-09-2005, 09:42 PM
From what I have heard round the traps & on the news the boys will be back trading in some form by weeks end. ;) 8-)