Any ideas?

kev

bidkev
25-09-2005, 10:56 AM
This too.

http://www.#############.com.au/stories/readit.asp?sid=8

Lucky_Phill
25-09-2005, 03:09 PM
always been conjectuer about the identity of that wreck.

Phill

mackmauler
25-09-2005, 03:57 PM
yeh got an idea kev, they sank 8-)

SURF_SNIPER
25-09-2005, 06:23 PM
always been intersting this, had a great uncle that went down on it. saw the fella that reckons it the centaur off moreton on acurrent affair a while back, they compared blue prints of the rear of the centaur to undewater footage of the ship off moreton and navy architecs confirmed that is definatley not the centaur and another ship in simialar size. the navy spokesman on ACA said there got no idea where it lays but the ship off morton is not the centaur and appologise for declaring the ship off moreton the centaur and will rectify all memorials in acordance.

very interesting.

GBC
26-09-2005, 11:01 AM
funny reading about Jackson musing to himself about doing that dive considering he has now done it - don't know if they'd do it again but.... Commonly held opinion is that it is the 'Kyogle'. Interesting part about the 'Dorrigo' at the end of article - wonder if we'll hear more about this one in the future....

finding_time
26-09-2005, 12:08 PM
i'm not sure what you want to know about this Kev but i have a fair bit of knowledge on this subject as there was i period not that long ago that i was planning to dive this wreck. It is now common knowledge that this wreck is in fact the kyogle and my belief that the navy has known this all along, after all they sank it!

In about 1953 the navy was doing hydroagraphic survey along the SE queensland coast and got a very large ping in about 3000 m of water due east of point lookout. This is where the Centaur was supposed to have been sunk and it is my belief that is where she is. I believe that the navy knows this as well but has many reasons for not disclosing this information. Any way i wont be diving her and i think she is better left alone.
Ian

bidkev
26-09-2005, 12:15 PM
i

'm not sure what you want to know about this Kev <snip>

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian. What I was thinking is that if it is "officially" considered to be the Centaur, then as such it would be considered a war grave and therefore out of bounds to diving and fishing. If it can be proven to be the Kyogle, then it becomes fair game.

cheers

kev

finding_time
26-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I think you can take it as proven! And as far as fair game goes i think it takes a hammering now. If you want the exact mark send me a pm. I have fished and it's bloody hard work and not overly productive as i said it takes a battering, but if you want some pearlies and rat kings go for it.
Ian

Ps. I reckon you might even catch a GRINNER on the wreck ;)

bidkev
26-09-2005, 12:49 PM
<snip>

Ps. I reckon you might even catch a GRINNER on the wreck ;)

Now you're talking! ;) ;D

Cheers mate, I may just come on you for the exact location soon.

kev

GBC
27-09-2005, 10:45 AM

What the bloody hell's going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Just being silly king tin

bidkev
27-09-2005, 01:53 PM

What the bloody hell's going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Just being silly king tin

Oooops! ;D