PDA

View Full Version : Channel 10 loves us

fish2eat
29-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Not only do Channel 10 have our much loved Nugget on Fridays, I FISH on Saturdays (which may have finished its season) and FISHNET on Sundays, they now have the new series of Escape with ET starting this Saturday at 4.30 EST.

Thanks Network 10, maybe you could get Rexy to make a comeback series in place of all those crime shows....yay

major-defect
29-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Channel 10 has no fishing shows up here.

skippa
29-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Paul,

If I lived where you do I'd just go fishin ...... you don't have to worry about watchin it on the box ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

bluewaterbandit
29-09-2005, 08:19 PM
LOL SKIPPA

Dodge41
29-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Fishing TV, V8 supercars and AFL in season, great for the fisho when the weathers crook
Richo

Lucky_Phill
30-09-2005, 07:32 AM
The fishing population of Australia is huge. The market for watching fishing shows is just as big. But, the two overlap. There are large numbers of fishoes that do NOT watch fishing shows, and there are the non-fishoes that watch in awe, but never wet a line.

It still amazes me that the sport, pastime, hobby of fishing is not more widely represented in the Media. The commercial side of Television needs the show to appeal to the hordes so that revenue can be sucked from the sponsors. Lifestyle shows like " Get Away " and " Saturday Weekender " etc, seem to fit a little story about fishing in quite regulary.
The shows like Rex, ET, Wild Fish ( ABC ) and the Cable networks offerings are fine, but they did not have the long term appeal. Having said that, Rex and ET have been around a while, and I am not writing off ET's effort.

Trouble is, genuine fishoes don't want to see quick glimpes of big fish and pretty boys or girls donging them. They would prefer the informative side of a trip, where as the ' weekend warriors ' don't mind all the glitz and glamour. This G & G side of things appeals to the network bosses, and they have the last say.

Further, you have to think of ratings and prime time for broadcasting such shows. Remember Rex etc being on in prime Fishing time ?

One of the things that peeve me about these shows, are the high number of infomercials, you know, the commercial contained within the body of the show itself. Jeez, we get enough ads in between segments without getting blasted in our precious ( 18 minutes in every 1/2 hour ) prime viewing time.

Another great show, from the past, was Chris Conroys World of Boats. Some of you may remember ? Sure it was naming brand names etc, but it was comparing manufacturers, providing honest apraisals and including water safety aspects. Sure, he didn't go too far into the actual fishing side, but, fishing encompasses a huge arena of activities and products.

Nugget has achieved the highest level of praise from within the Radio media , by having his show extened an hour. He ( as far as I know ) has the highest rating " am "show in Australia in his time slot. Fantastic achievement. ( correct me if I'm wrong Dave ! )

Further, Dave now graces our television screen with his own style of fishing report. And how good is that ? If only some weather forecasters could convey their information in the way Dave does, we would all have a better understanding of what's doing and what's likely to happen.

So, if you think a TV or Radio personality are doing a good job, let them of their boss's know. If the other is the case, again, let them or their boss's know.

I persoanlly would like to see the Sate and Federal Govts get behind a TV show/ radio show to provide the background information, most of us have to seek elsewhere.

Cheers Phill

major-defect
30-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey yeah.I'm gunna walk over the beach now and check out the water Tony LOL
Paul

skippa
30-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Phill,

Yes I remember Chris Conroys World of Boats, was a great show and we need more of these shows around now, but on the down side I fear that I've let everyone know how old I really am #;D #I was only a kid then # ;)

What really bugs me is on Sat's when ET & Rexy used to be on, they where on at the same time. #>:(
It's not like its the 6 o'clock news right :P

From memory Chris's show was on Sat morning.

Paul,

I don't need to be reminded that you only have to walk across the road to go fishing in one of the best areas in NQ # #:) # ;)

Oh by the way, has it stopped raining yet? Actually I need some at my place now. # :-/

Cheers,
Tony # #8-)

fish2eat
30-09-2005, 01:02 PM
TV stations putting one fishing show against another?? well that why God gave us video recorders.

As the fishing shows are usually shown during weekend gentlemens fishing hours, I always set te recorder on Saturday morning, then have them on tape when I come home Sunday night......easy