PDA

View Full Version : Great Trips Away

brenmer
29-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Took the family to Couran Cove Resort last weekend. We had the smallest boat on the marina and put up with the sarcastic remarks of some of the well to do million dollar boat owners (i.e. your not sleeping on that tonight are you?? :o)

We checked into our room, took the kids to the Kite Kids club, ate a fantastic meal, and had an all-round great 2 days!! ;D ;D

Are there any other mariner resorts or similar place for a family trip out that anyone can recommend??

2iar
29-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi mate,

I'm looking to trade in the tinny in a big step up (for me) to a newish 5m-odd fibreglass boat really soon. One of the sweeteners to the Financial Controller was the promise of a weekend away like the one you've just had. Doesn't bother me being a scruff amongst the gentry. I'm Scottish by birth and Australian by choice, after all :-)

Could you give us some more details on cost/options etc at CC, as well as what you did with your car & trailer if you don't mind?

Thanks fior starting this thread, I'm really looking forward to some useful info.

Good luck,
Mike

Dodge41
29-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Brenmar
Have done the same in smaller boats myself and its good not to have the same running costs of the bigger blokes, so there are benefits.
Give some thought to Sanctuary Cove, and Mariners Cove. They have security so the boat is safe while you're away, and plenty to do and the cook will love it and you get good brownie points.

Richo

brenmer
29-09-2005, 10:53 PM
We live near Redcliffe and towed the boat down to Horizons Shores Marina # http://www.horizonshores.com.au/future.htm #It was semi secure, you had to pay $10 to get in, then $5 per day. Though they say it’s not secure on the phone, it felt pretty safe. There was also a hose and cleaning facilities just outside the boom gate, cost a bit to use though.

From Horizons about a 20-30min boat ride to Couran Cove. We had to telephone the harbor master prior to arrival for overnight parking at the marina which was included with the room cost.

The accommodation was $195 for the night booked on wotif.com. The room was a waterfront suite with a small kitchen, 2 fold out double beds for the kids and a separate bedroom with a king size bed for me and the missus. The price was inclusive for all 5 of us and up to 6 if required.

We arrive around 10am on Saturday and left around 430pm on Sunday. Felt like we had been away for a week!

mackmauler
30-09-2005, 12:02 AM
used to pitch my tent right next to that, down a carton with the boys, wasnt even any camping fees ;D

szopen
30-09-2005, 12:46 AM
I must say that I would be on the same side of the "Whatever Marina" fence with Rob.

Not for the costs reasons.
Just way more fun.

PinHead
30-09-2005, 01:40 AM
used to pitch my tent right next to that, down a carton with the boys, wasnt even any camping fees ;D

Used to anchor in there when there was just the canals and nothing else...also camped on the island prior to the construction of the resort.

I was also there last Saturday...just spent a few hours there...had a walk around and had lunch at the poolside cafe...some interesting viewing there.

StevenM
30-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Brenmer,

Dont worry about the big boy boat snobs, they more than likely had a big week end, went from South Port Yacht Club for a day trip to Wave Break then all the way up to Couran.

Dont know how many 36 plus foot boats I done hand overs on to see them floating around wave break. Such a waste.

Have fun

Cheers Steven

Duyz72
30-09-2005, 02:08 PM
YOu know what they say about over compensation with a big rig!

Big car, big boat . . . . . . lol

Nothing like a mid life crisis to bring out the toys!