PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Unstoppables

redrockcod
29-09-2005, 11:39 AM
When one reads reports of fishing on the Barwon banks, there is often mention of 'unstoppables'.
Has any one managed to stop one of these? Are they bronze whalers, marlin, cobia, gts or mackerel? :-?

mackmauler
29-09-2005, 11:43 AM
some pink shoes call bream unstoppable ;D ;D

Mishinoffishin
29-09-2005, 11:52 AM
AJs or kingies probably. Anything can be stopped at times, it just depends what gear your fishing with at the time ;). I have seen Rob pull up a decent AJ or two but what he doesn't tell is that there is a 300lb electric deck winch attached to his boat :-X :-?.
Cheers, Jay's bro

Billo
29-09-2005, 01:07 PM
some pink shoes call bream unstoppable ;D ;D

LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D

-spiro-
29-09-2005, 01:45 PM
thats why there called "unstoppables"
You may geuss but you still don't know what they are ;D

Billo
29-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Humpbacks :-? ;D :-X

seriously though , unstopables coule be anything that you cannot stop.
MONSTER cobia , Amberjack , Kings , huge cod ....there is quite a large list of things that ' might be ' !

dfox
29-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I often refer to unstoppables when writing about fishing trips. Sure in some cases it is near on impossiable to say what the fish may have been. But often the offenders especially off the barwons are XXXOS AJ's. Ive found that many large AJs can be landed if the bottom structure where there hooked doesnt offer them an easy oppertunity to break you off. But fishing with 60lb gear theres always those extra large ones that just smoke you and leave you little chance of landing them.
To give you some idea of the size of fish im refering too, this pic of an Aj, large as it may be, is quite a battle but usually this size AJ can be landed. The one that smoke you (unstoppables) are in another league again! ...foxy

Mishinoffishin
30-09-2005, 02:11 AM
That fella would sort the boys from the men ;).

-spiro-
30-09-2005, 10:10 AM
is that Greg hidding there? ;D

Zeeke
30-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Foxxy.. that AJ aint big enough mate... you need to get me onto some bigger then that

Tim

Lucky_Phill
30-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I agree Dave,

when donging fish at the Barwons and further afield ( usually Rosy Jobs ), you'll get smoked by these critters. I'm calling them AJ's, and I'd put $'s on it. At the outside a Samson.

I use a TLD15 for fun, but would gladly trade it up when one of those XOS boys nails a live bait.

We all have to have the story of the one that got away ! dont' we ?

Cheers Phill

Reefmaster
30-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Gee Dave you had to bring memories back of that stubborn fish. >:( Thanks ;D