PDA

View Full Version : Rod tube in pulsar hatch

blaze
05-10-2005, 09:01 PM
does any one own a pulsar hatch? could I fit a 6 foot rod tube in one with the rear seats down. cant seem to find one locally to test.
cheers
blaze

fishsmith
05-10-2005, 09:08 PM
:ommmm

Sportfish_5
05-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Gotta get those priorities right Blaze when considering a car purchase ;D ;D ;D ;D

blaze
06-10-2005, 05:29 AM
not a purchase guys, car hire from brissie to angus and back (cheaper than a commodore), may have to hang it out the window.
cheers
blaze

Seamus
06-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Blaze,

Another option that I saw in K-mart the other day was roof top rod holders that attach via suction caps. Might be worth a look

Seamus

Rocket439
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
It will only fit if you slide it through the 2 front seats. doesnt extend too far though so you can drive comfortably.

bidkev
06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
does any one own a pulsar hatch? could I fit a 6 foot rod tube in one with the rear seats down. cant seem to find one locally to test.
cheers
blaze

My deckie owns one and the rods fit up through the front seats without interfering with driving. It's the old Datsun Pulsar though (26yrs old), so I don't know if it's the same size as newer models.

Sportsfish. You're right about priorities...........I get a Whittley and a Prado.......the deckie still buggers about in her old wreck :-)

Cheers

kev

Girella
06-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Blaze

I used to fit quite long rods in the back seat area of my Pulsar Hatch.
It should fiT diagonally from drivers side floor to passenger side roof.
If not, try along the passenger side beside the door to the back of the hatch area.

If still no good, jetison passenger and save on fuel costs at the same time. ;D

Looking forward to meeting you (and passenger) Saturday.

PK

dasher
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
cheers
blaze

Blaze to avoid all the inconvenience just leave the rods at home. :o I know a great tackle store in Agnes Waters and the owner is sure to give you an excellent deal on all the rods you will need. ;) Just to help further you could get one of the guys to drop your new rods off at my place and i would gladly look after them for you until you come back. ::)

No thanks required blaze, honestly, it would be my pleasure mate. ;D

magicpudding
06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Is it a pulsar hatch or sedan? We managed to fit a 2.15m 15cm diameter rod tube in a hire sedan in Cairns. It was a bit uncomfortable for anyone sitting in the back, but worked well.

CJ

blaze
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks all
the pulsars now hired and now have 2 rod tubes so they will be sticking out the window in the worse case or as some else said suction roof racks (rather not have them on the roof).
cheers
blaze

Bowlesy
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Blaze

I used to fit quite long rods in the back seat area of my Pulsar Hatch.
It should fiT diagonally from drivers side floor to passenger side roof.
If not, try along the passenger side beside the door to the back of the hatch area.

If still no good, jetison passenger and save on fuel costs at the same time. ;D

Looking forward to meeting you (and passenger) Saturday.

PK

Hmmmm....... As I have little wish to walk 700 clicks, I really think that an alternative to "ditching the passanger" is in order!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the concern though! Thought that was touching! LOL :) Looking forward to catching you all up there on Sunday morning! ;D

Fishin_Dan
06-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Blaze - That's why god invented 2 piece rods!!! ;D

blaze
06-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Fishing-Dan
All but the 2 15kg rods are two piece and who knows what we may bring home.
cheers
blaze

scott_b
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Gday blaze
mate I got a 98 Pulsar hatch , fits a 7'2" rod with no tube between the front seats no worry's.
wamjam

blaze
06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
thanks wamjam
cheers
blaze

revs57
06-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Dasher you're all heart ;D ;D ;D