View Full Version : Rod tube in pulsar hatch

05-10-2005, 09:01 PM
does any one own a pulsar hatch? could I fit a 6 foot rod tube in one with the rear seats down. cant seem to find one locally to test.

fishsmith
05-10-2005, 09:08 PM
:ommmm

05-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Gotta get those priorities right Blaze when considering a car purchase ;D ;D ;D ;D

06-10-2005, 05:29 AM
not a purchase guys, car hire from brissie to angus and back (cheaper than a commodore), may have to hang it out the window.

Seamus
06-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Blaze,

Another option that I saw in K-mart the other day was roof top rod holders that attach via suction caps. Might be worth a look

Seamus

Rocket439
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
It will only fit if you slide it through the 2 front seats. doesnt extend too far though so you can drive comfortably.

06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
does any one own a pulsar hatch? could I fit a 6 foot rod tube in one with the rear seats down. cant seem to find one locally to test.

My deckie owns one and the rods fit up through the front seats without interfering with driving. It's the old Datsun Pulsar though (26yrs old), so I don't know if it's the same size as newer models.

Sportsfish. You're right about priorities...........I get a Whittley and a Prado.......the deckie still buggers about in her old wreck :-)

Girella
06-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Blaze

I used to fit quite long rods in the back seat area of my Pulsar Hatch.
It should fiT diagonally from drivers side floor to passenger side roof.
If not, try along the passenger side beside the door to the back of the hatch area.

If still no good, jetison passenger and save on fuel costs at the same time. ;D

Looking forward to meeting you (and passenger) Saturday.

PK

dasher
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM

Blaze to avoid all the inconvenience just leave the rods at home. :o I know a great tackle store in Agnes Waters and the owner is sure to give you an excellent deal on all the rods you will need. ;) Just to help further you could get one of the guys to drop your new rods off at my place and i would gladly look after them for you until you come back. ::)

No thanks required blaze, honestly, it would be my pleasure mate. ;D

magicpudding
06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Is it a pulsar hatch or sedan? We managed to fit a 2.15m 15cm diameter rod tube in a hire sedan in Cairns. It was a bit uncomfortable for anyone sitting in the back, but worked well.

CJ

06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks all
the pulsars now hired and now have 2 rod tubes so they will be sticking out the window in the worse case or as some else said suction roof racks (rather not have them on the roof).

Bowlesy
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Blaze

I used to fit quite long rods in the back seat area of my Pulsar Hatch.
It should fiT diagonally from drivers side floor to passenger side roof.
If not, try along the passenger side beside the door to the back of the hatch area.

If still no good, jetison passenger and save on fuel costs at the same time. ;D

Looking forward to meeting you (and passenger) Saturday.

PK

Hmmmm....... As I have little wish to walk 700 clicks, I really think that an alternative to "ditching the passanger" is in order!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the concern though! Thought that was touching! LOL :) Looking forward to catching you all up there on Sunday morning! ;D

06-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Blaze - That's why god invented 2 piece rods!!! ;D

06-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Fishing-Dan
All but the 2 15kg rods are two piece and who knows what we may bring home.

scott_b
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Gday blaze
mate I got a 98 Pulsar hatch , fits a 7'2" rod with no tube between the front seats no worry's.
wamjam

06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
thanks wamjam

06-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Dasher you're all heart ;D ;D ;D