PDA

View Full Version : Question; Best way to get to 1770

Mossie
07-10-2005, 09:09 AM
I am driving up from Brissy tomorrow, can someone advise, is it easier to go in via Bundy or up the Hwy all the way and turn in. Thoughts would be appricated.

Mossie.

RobK
07-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Mossie

I am fairly sure this has been covered a few weeks ago. I have done the trip several times towing boats from 4.5m to 7m and always go through Bundy these days. It is both shorter and certainly a lot flatter than staying on the highway to Miriam Vale. I also enjoy the drive through the bush. Go into Bundy and follow the signs.

Regards

Rob

Mossie
07-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info, I did think it had been discussed earlier. I tried for find it but it must have been inside a thread.

Mossie

blaze
07-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Mossie
the thread was
easiest way for a mug to get to 1770
me

SCOTTYGC
07-10-2005, 01:28 PM
yes via bundy is the way to go

just follow the signs

scotty

im leaving in the morning also and meeting a few others at the maacas on the hway at nudgee
about 5am from there if you wanna join the convoy

i will be on channel 40

FNQCairns
07-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Uh..O.... I am nothing if not persistent, take the highway until Miriam vale then duck across.

Speaking of ducking, I'm off!!! ;D ;D

cheers fnq

theoldlegend
07-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi Mossie,

Mate, all you have to do is turn right somewhere between Brisbane and Cairns.

There's a couple of things you should know. Be aware of a couple of blokes from Tasmania for starters. My ex sister in law works for Customs at Brisbane Airport and she's put up an alert for these two blokes. If they can't show their visas to enter Queensland, then they're on the first plane to NZ.

The other person to watch out for is a wild bloke called CORRY. It's rumoured he wears lycra. He even replied to me saying that when he meets me, he'll be wearing PINK lycra. Ooooooh, he sounds so nice!!!

I'd just love to have some rums with him! Who knows, he might get a bit frisky!!

Be aware of all these freaks that you'll run into up there. I'm simply telling you this as a dedicated Ausfish member.

TOL

dasher
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Take the shortcut. :o ::) ;)