PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat licence changes

Nugget
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
There's been a lot of confusion over changes to powerboat licences that come into effect at the end of December this year.

It's my understanding that, as of the end of December, PWC (Jetski) and powerboats will come under separate licences.
Similar to the way car and motorbike licences are.

After Dec 31 you will not be able to drive a PWC on your current powerboat licence.
If you have a powerboat licence now, you can sit a 30 question exam that will give you a PWC endorsement (or some other recognition) that allows you to operate a PWC.

It is also my understanding that if you leave it till after Dec 31 you may have to do a complete PWC licence course - estimated at well over $100 just to get that PWC endorsement.

More this weekend on Talking Fishing, 5-7am, 4BC or www.4bc.com.au

Dave ><>

2iar
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Spot on Nugget,

My boss has just done the 30 question exam because of the new legislation. Basically, because he's too tight to pay for a course/licence after the changes, not because he currently has a PWC :D

Doesn't bother me though, they're a menace in my opinion.

Good luck,
Mike

Owen
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM

Bosses, or PWC's? ::)

bungie
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
What does this mean to jetski hire places. No more kids able to hire them ??

Dignity
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
What does this mean to jetski hire places. No more kids able to hire them ??

i believe they will have a defined area to operate in

Burley_Boy
06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Well that change sounds like it will fix any issues with PWC's [smiley=dizzy.gif]
More laws always help right!

Kiktz
06-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Operate..........
I Stopped twice on the week end in the board water and actually chased one down. THe first gave him a mouth full for coming out fromt he southern end
of wave break and then driving head on into me.

THe secound two girls came across my bow being 60-70meters in front
no concern until they tried doing a doughnut right infront of me.

Turn chased em down and Let'em have it.

ALOT of unskilled people on these things and it is scary

Reidy
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
What a waste of time they only disrupt the fishing anyway I say charge em more!

westie
07-10-2005, 08:38 AM
What a waste of time they only disrupt the fishing anyway I say charge em more!

Before you go any further with the blame being directed JUST to Jet Skis.
You need to view the Poll regarding " Jet Ski's & Boaties" in this Poll it was level with the results of BOATIES V Jet Ski's being reckless on the water, it was darn clear that no matter what Vehicle is being opperated, WATER or LAND there will always be the HERO.

Just make a note next time you are on the water how many boats drivers are doing the WRONG think from the smallest of tinny's to the Cruisers, they sure out number the Ski's.

This is my ONLY responce to this, as far as I am concerned the Poll said it all.
Water ways are for all to enjoy we just need to have RESPECT FOR OTHERS and more POLICE to patrol them.

Dodge41
07-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Westie

boated the GC broadwater the last 30 years and you're 100% right.

very interested at moment as I'm thinking of a canoe

Richo

2iar
07-10-2005, 09:59 AM

Bosses, or PWC's? ::)

Whaddaya mean "or"? Can't distinguish the two :D

Mike

Mishinoffishin
07-10-2005, 11:48 AM
So where do you take the 30 question test at?. I live in macgregor but have done my boat licence at jacobs well. Is it at QLD transport or licencing centers?
Thanx, Jay's bro

westie
07-10-2005, 05:08 PM
So where do you take the 30 question test at?. I live in macgregor but have done my boat licence at jacobs well. Is it at QLD transport or licencing centers?
Thanx, Jay's bro

All Jet Ski Licences are Issued at Qld Transport about $38.00 and easy as I got 100% so to the Missis and Daughter READ the Questions CAREFULLY some Curley ones once you have finished go back and read them again and check your answers The simple ones will catch you out

Rainbowrunner
08-10-2005, 07:21 AM

Bosses, or PWC's? #::)

Whaddaya mean "or"? Can't distinguish the two #:D

Mike

Bosses - People With Control? :P

Rainbowrunner
08-10-2005, 07:25 AM
IMO the big cruisers are the worst with bow waves and ignorance to anchored boats and the belief of right of way over smaller vessels? >:(

Most times the jets skis are like a blowfly (swat em there gone ;)) they buzz around and disappear.

cabfisher
08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi I am a 3.6meter tinny owner and with most experience of jet skis are bad with them coming too close to moored boats at high speeds.
I think they should only be used in a designated area separate from all other boats they have had their chance and Blown it so now they will have to pay the price and penalty
Cheers Harry