PDA

View Full Version : Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Review

kc
01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
For any interested members or recreational fishers the Fishing Party (Qld) submission to the Review committee is now completed and lodged.

It is too large a document to post on this site but anyone wishing to read a copy can contact me personally on kc@whitsunday.net.au and I will send you the submission.

I will also send the official Sunfish submission..............it makes for an interesting comparison.

Regards

KC

gif
02-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I see what you mean ... chalk and cheese

dasher
02-10-2005, 09:35 PM
To give Kevin a rest you can see it all here.

http://www.idealists.com/TFPQ/

Congrats to all involved, a truelly remarkable job. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

luigi
02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Dasher, I fully agree with your congratulations to Kev & TFPQ - a terrific, masterful piece of work which must have taken a huge amount of time & effort to research & compile on behalf of recreational fishers. So come of fellas, have a read of it & show a bit of support.

Compared to the effort from Sunfish Central, as Gary says, it's like cheese & chalk. Fair dinkum, I've been a member of Sunfish for many years & if their submission is the best they can do, well, lets just say I'm a tad dissapointed & leave it at that. :-[ :(

Derek Bullock
02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for posting it up Dasher.

Cheers

Derek

Mad_Barry
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
The single page submission from Sunfish is as about as good as giving them a kiss and a cuddle ::)

Good work kc & others who played a part in the TFPQ submission. I haven't read it completely yet, but can see during a brief perusal, the enormous amount of time & research that has gone into compiling it.

TonyM
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
And at a guess I'd say the Fishing Party submissions are but like the proverbial "tip of the iceberg" that is all the other work that goes on behind the scenes by Fishing Party volunteers ;)

I think it's fantastic that we finally have some teeth and are at least beginning to show we really do care - Never can have too much support though, so hopefully more people might make the effort to read and understand the issues :)

blaze
03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
congatulations must go to TFP for an exelent submission backed up by all the relivent info.
the SUNFISH submission, WTF
cheers
blaze

Daintreeboy
03-10-2005, 11:11 PM
When are they coming up this way for the review again? sorry been busy fishing.........

gif
04-10-2005, 03:31 AM
all about the review and other submissions are here.

http://www.deh.gov.au/coasts/mpa/gbrmpa/index.html

Submissions closed last Friday

Daintreeboy
04-10-2005, 08:51 PM
I thought there were people coming up along the coast for public meetings for this? Apart from when KC posted about the review on this site, that was the last I heard of it all. It must have been kept pretty quiet?
I feel a bit guilty about missing the gathering here but by the same token surely a bit more exposure would have helped.
Did any body in Cairns know about this?
Cheers, Mark.

kc
04-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi Mark,

Probabley my fault but it has been a pretty rushed process for a big job.

I came up to Cairns "about" 4 or 5 weeks ago, since then I have flown to meeting in Brisbane with BIAQ and Sydney with AFTA so as well as working...lifes been pretty hectic.

At the Cairns meeting we cast the net for interested persons (probaley not well enough) but managed to get a pretty good cross section of rec fishers, rec fishing support industries, aqaurium divers and a few pros.

As you can see from our submission it is heavily biased towards recreational fishing but we could not have axcessed the level of detail without input from all sectors.

Hopefully, we have come up with a submission that our membership endorses..feedback to date has been good...and that's what you guys (don't) pay us for.

Get the job done and if we stuff up, give us the punt at an AGM.

At our recent AGM several of the executive positions including treasurer, secretary and deputy chair have moved to Cairns and it is now the "base" for TFPQ for at least the next 12 months.

I know they guys up there are going to arrange a general meeting some time in the next few weeks.

Contact Wayne at Mitchells Marine for details.

Regards

Kev

gif
04-10-2005, 11:52 PM
It was in the papers

It was announced a week before it was official on Ausfish and discussed here since August

see http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124721111/14#14

If it makes you feel better - its my job to keep up with current affairs - and I still miss some.

Gary

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey Dasher, I fully agree with your congratulations to Kev & TFPQ - a terrific, masterful piece of work which must have taken a huge amount of time & effort to research & compile on behalf of recreational fishers. #So come of fellas, have a read of it & show a bit of support.

Compared to the effort from Sunfish Central, as Gary says, it's like cheese & chalk. #Fair dinkum, I've been a member of Sunfish for many years & if their submission is the best they can do, well, lets just say I'm a tad dissapointed & leave it at that. :-[ :(

Good on ya Lou, nice to see a bit of recognition for these guys. 8-) The hours put in for zero $ return is amazing and the lack of support or thanks from rec fishos in Qld is disgraceful. Hopefully with guys like you we may be able to maintain our right to fish in Qld. Good on ya again. :)

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for posting it up Dasher.

Cheers

Derek

My pleasure Derek, but have I wasted my time mate. :o :(

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I see what you mean ... #chalk and cheese

Gary in Sunfish's defence mate, maybe something to do with "indirect" funding?????????

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:53 PM
And at a guess I'd say the Fishing Party submissions are but like the proverbial "tip of the iceberg" that is all the other work that goes on behind the scenes by Fishing Party volunteers ;)

I think it's fantastic that we finally have some teeth and are at least beginning to show we really do care - Never can have too much support though, so hopefully more people might make the effort to read and understand the issues #:)

Good onya mate and a huge thankyou for the webspace mate, well done. 8-) P.S. yep you can be sure of lots of other things on the agenda mate. ;)

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:56 PM
The single page submission from Sunfish is as about as good as giving them a kiss and a cuddle #::)

Good work kc & others who played a part in the TFPQ submission. I haven't read it completely yet, but can see during a brief perusal, the enormous amount of time & research that has gone into compiling it. #

Thanks Dicko, posts like this are appreciated mate and tell us all some rec fishos do care. Well done mate. 8-)

dasher
05-10-2005, 02:59 PM
congatulations must go to TFP for an exelent submission backed up by all the relivent info.
the SUNFISH submission, WTF
cheers
blaze

;D ;D Hope you make the M&G OK with all the directions mate. ::) And thanks for the words of encouragement from a Taswegian. Appreciate it mate. 8-)

Daintreeboy
05-10-2005, 09:33 PM
geez sorry guys, was looking forward to going to that. P*ssed right off with myself. Been a bit busy with bub and of course fishing so have clearly been out of touch with current affairs and such. Oh well, looks like a great job though, well done to all involved and keep kicking a*se!!
Will call Wayne about the meeting but sounds like it'll be on my holidays. :-/

dasher
05-10-2005, 10:46 PM
geez sorry guys, was looking forward to going to that. P*ssed right off with myself. Been a bit busy with bub and of course fishing so have clearly been out of touch with current affairs and such. Oh well, looks like a great job though, well done to all involved and keep kicking a*se!!
Will call Wayne about the meeting but sounds like it'll be on my holidays. #:-/

Mark don't be too hard on yourself mate because the advertising for some of these forums isn't that obvious. Support the party and get others to do the same and we will make a difference. Good on ya for caring mate. ;)

Gazza
06-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Impressive presentation/submission from TFP [smiley=dankk2.gif]

You had my nod in the last election RUMBLE!!!
Mark my words.... ;) ,you'll have it in the next and the next AS WELL
[smiley=book2.gif]

Every Success
Gazza

dasher
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Impressive presentation/submission #from TFP [smiley=dankk2.gif]

You had my nod in the last election RUMBLE!!!
Mark my words.... ;) ,you'll have it in the next and the next AS WELL
[smiley=book2.gif]

Every Success
Gazza

Thanks for your support Gazza, most appreciated mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

kc
06-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Just an update. As at this afternoon we have been invited to appear before the review committee to speak on behalf of our submission.

I will post our opinions of the meeting in due course.

Regards

KC

blaze
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
KC
With a submission like that mate how could they not invite TFP, the sad thing is that they will most like invite that other mob with the single page (now who were they)
cheers
blaze
Ps
also looking much more professional than in the early days.

kc
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
The Fishing Party (Qld) has been invited to appear before the review committee in Townsville on the 18th October.

I will post an update of the meetings outcomes at a later date.

Regards

KC

dasher
07-10-2005, 05:55 PM
The Fishing Party (Qld) has been invited to appear before the review committee in Townsville on the 18th October.

I will post an update of the meetings outcomes at a later date.

Regards

KC

Great work guys, give em both barrels and blast them off their shiny seats. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

megafish71
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I have taken the time to print out and read the submission in full. I must say, I take my hat off to all those involved in the submission. Now lets see if GBRMPA changes anything as an outcome from this. Somehow I dought it, the R.A.P. was never about science just politics and it makes you wonder what other things go on in this country the same way. In my opinion the R.A.P in its current form is the first big step towards the destruction of our boating and fishing industies in Australia.

Good onya guys and keep up the battle, thousands of us fishos are counting on you guys to atleast try and keep these grubs honest or at least continue to point out their inaccuracies.

I have forwarded this document on to several fishery managers from the NT that are personal friends of mine, just to get a bit of feed back. Will post what feed back I get from them.

Ron