PDA

View Full Version : NSW fisheries and ACoRf Laws

fishin_till_late
09-10-2005, 04:15 PM
I have been informed by a neighbour about new laws trying to make their way into NSW waters. These laws include bag limits, size limits and mehod limits. My neighbour has given me documents and emails by high order fishos. One thing i have is an emai lfrom Robert Smith who is invovled in the NSW fishing clubs association and he writes:

#The form of the discussion papersis designed to discourage the Community response(which is further supported by the sideling of ACoRF)

#Many of the proposed changes are designed to progressivly and severely limit recreational fishing so reflecting the agenda of extreme green groups.

#The scientific basis for the changes is sketchy, is not reference and, therefore, cannot be independantly scrutinised

#There are no overfished recreational species in NSW(except trevally which is a commercial problem)

#resources are already shared equally between the recreational and non recreational sectors

#bag limit reductions are designed to limit black marketing by penalising the vast majority of honest fishers

#Reporting obligations will become compulsary and further erode our freedom

From what i can understand from what i have read and been told there is nothing that can prevent the Green movement stacking their responses even thought they dont fish so as Robert Smith has added at the end of his letter "i urge all fishers to respond to the discussion papers in one way or another" There were papers at the end of the letter to sign (a petition i guess) but as i am unable to get them onto ausfish you can try to email the department

Hope this made sense to all you ausfishers as i hope i have explained it well, (i found it all rather hard to understand when i first read the papers and these were written by professionals!)

cheers
fishin_till_late

fishman7
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
hi
i agree with some of the changes but once again it the poeple doing the right thing that are punish.there will still be poeple that will sell to the black market.and the problem is when they get caught the courts let then off lite.
cheers
danny