PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone severe hail warning

Volvo
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Any Gladstonites n surrounding areas reading this message better get your cars under cover.Severe hail warning on the way to hit before or around fourish.
Cheers

Rainbowrunner
11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Gdday Volvo
Grew up in gladstone (barney point ::)) Never saw hail, had to go out to bilo to see that. Lotsa wind a rain tho.

Volvo
11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
G'day mate,seen some good hail come down in Bilo myself but also seen a few good drops in Gladstone as well..
Best drop i seen in Gladstone was back in 92/93..
Coupla years ago the young fella's car copped a pizzlin whilst waiting in a cue to get under the big Dub car park. Cue was a wee too long and kinda didnt make it in time..
Cheers

Owen
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, got no hail but was nearly worse.
Was talking to a customer on the phone and glanced out the door to see my boat charging off out the gate and across the road [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif]
I'd just unhooked it to unload some stuff out of the back and had left it on level ground, but the wind got hold of it and pushed it out where it proceeded to turn left then right following the drain contours and down the hill out onto what is at times a busy road where trucks and cars travel at well over the 60km speed limit.

Thankfully nothing was coming and one of my staff caught up to it before it hit the airport fence.

and the moral is..... :-[ :-[ :-[

cheers,
Owen

DNO40
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
No smart comments from me Owen ;)

DNO

szopen
11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
The moral is:

Watch the weather ;)

Volvo
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Our homestead missed the hail also but sure copped a pizzlin from rain!!42ml i heard was the count??..
just as well i got up on the roof last week and cleaned all the guttering as the missus reckons one part couldnt handle the downpour.
Musta been just a tad too much??..
Anhow hope all come out of it okay..
least the vegypatch got a drink:).
Cheers