PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way for a mug to get to 1770

blaze
27-09-2005, 10:06 PM
ok this is not going via aires rock,
as I understand it the best way to go is via bundy. could some one post a list of major towns to look for on the way, do I basicly just stick to the Bruce h/way? Whats the road like ? what do I need to be aware of leaving brissy about 10.30pm in regard s to the road, traffic, roos, (4x4 not a problem, be more concerned about tasmanians in hire cares).
Not counting sleeps yet, at a guess it would be 9 sleeps and about 10hrs before I hit brissy.
See ya all soon and I hope the weather gods are going to supply the goods
cheers
blaze

adriancorrea
27-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Stick to the Bruce highway and follow the signs

Tight Lines
Adrian

Zeeke
27-09-2005, 10:12 PM
lol..

Once ya get through bundy, ya follow a backwater road all the way to 1770.. aint hard to follow.. just no towns on the way till ya hit 1770

Tim

Derek Bullock
27-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Blaze

Buy a map. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or cheat and look at this site http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-342D8FD3-5CEBBEAF/racq_cms_production/hs.xsl/2933_ENA_HTML.htm

When it opens type in going from Brisbane to Seventeen Seventy. Spell it, dont put 1770.

It will give you the map and further down instructions.

Derek

blaze
27-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks
Just looking at oziexplorer there seems to be alternate ways to go, but I guess when I see a sign that says bundy and that rd is a highway I will eventually get there. Lucky Phil might regret posting all the mobile numbers cause I figue it will be about 3.00am when I get lost.
cheers
blaze

blaze
27-09-2005, 10:44 PM
thanks Derek
will do

Hoges
27-09-2005, 11:36 PM
TO: CITY CENTER 1770 Queensland
WRITTEN DIRECTIONS DISTANCE EST. TIME

Start at xxxx, BRISBANE
Click to view zoomed-in map of the start point 23 m 1 Min

Turn left at ROMA ST, BRISBANE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 217 m 1 Min

Turn right at TURBOT ST, BRISBANE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this right turn 1.21 km 1 Min

Continue along WICKHAM ST, FORTITUDE VALLEY
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 269 m 1 Min

Turn left at GIPPS ST, FORTITUDE VALLEY
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 128 m 1 Min

Continue along BARRY PDE, FORTITUDE VALLEY
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 247 m 1 Min

Continue along BRUNSWICK ST, FORTITUDE VALLEY
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 444 m 1 Min

Turn left at BOWEN BRIDGE RD, FORTITUDE VALLEY
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 1.14 km 1 Min

Continue along LUTWYCHE RD, WINDSOR
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 3.16 km 3 Mins

Continue along GYMPIE RD, KEDRON
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 10.20 km 12 Mins

Continue along GYMPIE ARTERIAL RD, BALD HILLS
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 4.66 km 5 Mins

Continue along BRUCE HWY, MURRUMBA DOWNS
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 141.85 km 2 Hrs 35 Mins

Continue along GEORDIE RD, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 981 m 1 Min

Continue along INGLEWOOD RD, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 2.73 km 2 Mins

Turn right at WICKHAM ST, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this right turn 1.17 km 1 Min

Continue along ROWE ST, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 521 m 1 Min

Continue along VIOLET ST, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 675 m 1 Min

Continue along CHATSWORTH RD, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 2.18 km 1 Min

Continue along BRUCE HWY, GYMPIE
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 259.35 km 3 Hrs 30 Mins

Turn left at BEAUMANOR RD, LOWMEAD
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 4.95 km 8 Mins

Continue along TURNER RD, LOWMEAD
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 8.14 km 14 Mins

Turn right at KORENAN SERVICE RD, LOWMEAD
Click to view zoomed-in map of this right turn 2.90 km 6 Mins

Continue along GORGE RD, LOWMEAD
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 9.91 km 17 Mins

Turn left at TABLELAND RD, TAUNTON
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 7.35 km 10 Mins

Continue along ROUND HILL RD, TAUNTON
Click to view zoomed-in map of this section 29.60 km 53 Mins

Turn left at CAPTAIN COOK DR, AGNES WATER
Click to view zoomed-in map of this left turn 6.57 km 11 Mins

Finish CAPTAIN COOK DR, SEVENTEEN SEVENT
Click to view zoomed-in map of the finish point 500.58 km 8 Hrs 44 Mins

FNQCairns
28-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Been a while for me but dont go the backroad from Bundy unless young enough to still enjoy driving or in holiday mode ;)

Keep following the the H'way and turn right in Miriam Vale, Maximum highway travel and some easy back road travel, no faster, slightly longer than the shortest above, a more easy going road trip than the other options. Possibly less dirt also I think than the lowmead route?.

You should have a blast.

cheers fnq

darryl_l
28-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Blaze,

If you are towing a boat to 1770 DO NOT FOLLOW HIGHWAY to Miriamvale (very hilly). Make your way to Bundaberg this is very well sign posted from Brisbane. The road into town brings you past the Airport on a straight road to the Base Hospital and INFO Centre on your left as you make it to the first bend in the road this is where you turn left over the TALLON Bridge this road will lead you to the NORTH WATER TOWER where you turn left this will take you out of Bundaberg... Look for the signage approx 5km from this point to show where to turn right for 1770.

DO NOT TURN AT THE MOORE PARK turn off it is further out of town than that.

Darryl L (long term resident b'berg and frequent traveller to 1770)

SeaHunt
28-09-2005, 10:25 AM
What fnq said , dont go to Bundy its about 45 minutes off the Bruce and out of your way.

zedjack33
28-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Been a while for me but dont go the backroad from Bundy unless young enough to still enjoy driving or in holiday mode ;)

. Possibly less dirt also I think than the lowmead route?.
cheers fnq
never go through lowmead unless you are asking for trouble. Sh!t road!

Bundy would be the best bet. What day are you coming through Bundy?

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

darryl_l
28-09-2005, 10:42 AM
There is NO dirt road to get to 1770 via Bundaberg

Darryl L

FNQCairns
28-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Why would anyone traveling ON THE HIGHWAY from down south DETOUR #to Bundaberg(unless they had a good reason, fuel, repairs or supplies etc) to be then left with ONLY that back road as a good option. :-? going back out to the highway is TOO FAR!

By the time one car leaves the highway travels through the Bundaberg slow speed zones etc and finally hits open road again (20min+?) the other car is alrady 40% of the trip from bundaberg (or more) further north.
I would guess now that a few more memory cells have opened that from the highway the miriam vale rout is vastly faster than the via bundaberg for people traveling north.

Didn't think Blaze is towing but could be wrong.

Good fun thread :) ;D

Cheers fnq

darryl_l
28-09-2005, 11:13 AM
FNQCairns,

Childers - Bundaberg 48km
Bundaberg - through town 12km
Bundaberg - 1770 128.5km
TOTAL 188.5 KM

Childers - Gin Gin 56km
Gin Gin - Miriamvale 100km
Miriamvale - 1770 62.5km
TOTAL 218.5km

What is out of the way

Darryl L

FNQCairns
28-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi Darryl I agree with you re distances it's just that the Bundaberg option is a pain in the bum to endure only to be stuck with the majority of the trip north on a crap road when a person could be doing it easy up the highway - like still on on cruise control at 100km/h only to endure the last 62km as crap roads. A good portion of that 62km is the back road anyway but improved from the intersect point to agnes).

Like I said before if young enough to still enjoy driving or in holiday mode the Bundaberg option is fine.

Really how many people who live in 1770/Agnes that needed to travel to Brisvegas would not head straight to the highway but travel to Bundaberg first?

Cheers fnq

agnes_jack
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Okay Blaze!!
This IS the best way,
Follow the bruce highway till you get to Childers. About 5 km past Childers, you will go thru a small town called Apple tree creek. Drive straight thru and head for Bundaberg. Once in Bundy you will be travelling on Takalvan st. Drive into Bundy till you see the signs to Gin Gin, turn left here, and then left again on to the new bridge, At the first round-a-bout turn left again. Continue for about 3-4kms till you see the 1770 turn.
This road will lead you to 1770!!! Just follow the signs.

The only way into 1770 that still has dirt on it is the Lowmead road, going via the bruce highway via lowmead is the slowest and roughest and longest way you can possibly get there!!

There is no dirt between Bundaberg and 1770!! or between Miriamvale and 1770!

The road thru Bundy will save you approx 1 hour, and a much easier drive.

If you need more info Blaze, give me ring on (07) 49749304 bh.

Hoges
I think you have your map upside down :-/ (clear as mud)
You didn,t get your directions from my wife did you ::) ::) ::)

Regards, Tony ;)

blaze
01-10-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks tony
ph number noted along with every other mobile number that has been listed, heaven help everone (also my mobile bill) if I do end up somewhere where I shouldnt be.
counting sleeps and preping gear (what am I going to forget)?
cheers
blaze

theoldlegend
01-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi Blaze,

You'll be right mate. Just do as Tony has said.

Welcome to Queensland. PS: A bloke got taken by a croc up north during the week. I've heard they're making their way south.

Take care

TOL

Owen
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
You didn,t get your directions from my wife did you ::) ::) ::)

Let me guess....
She has an "other left" too? ;D ;D ;D ;D

dugong
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Blaze
there are road works just outside of apple tree creek,heading north, if you are going to bundy go straight ahead and up the hill.
If you are going up the highway to gin gin then take the left fork at the road works.
cheers

agnes_jack
02-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Darryl I agree with you re distances it's just that the Bundaberg option is a pain in the bum to endure only to be stuck with the majority of the trip north on a crap road when a person could be doing it easy up the highway - like still on on cruise control at 100km/h only to endure the last 62km as crap roads. A good portion of that 62km is the back road anyway but improved from the intersect point to agnes).

Like I said before if young enough to still enjoy driving or in holiday mode the Bundaberg option is fine.

Really how many people who live in 1770/Agnes that needed to travel to Brisvegas would not head straight to the highway but travel to Bundaberg first?

Cheers fnq

We all go that way!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

blueringin
02-10-2005, 11:08 PM
well Blaze hows about this, come via south oz pick me me up and i can show ya the proper way ,been there done that heaps, see ya soon eh. 8-)

rajawolf
02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
OMG poor blaze LOL... :o

blaze
03-10-2005, 06:17 AM
the other way of coarse is to fuel the boat up, plot a coarse on the gps, scruff a handfull of charts etc and do the launch. Be a good trip but should have left a month ago.

Girella
03-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry mate, dirt roads that way too ! :'(

agnes_jack
03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
The only way left with dirt on it into 1770 is the lowmead way.

TRUST ME!!! ;)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D

tincanpeter
13-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Blaze
My first trip and Last trip I went Via Miriam Vale. All other trips the route Pelagic- chaser suggested.
I can assure it takes longer and can be slow if there is much truck and caravan traffic between Gin Gin and Miriam Vale. It took me at least half an haour longer on the last trip (traffic was light) then going via Bundaberg and came to the conclusion that I should be certified if I ever think of going via miriam vale again. My moher came from Miriam Vale so I enjoy going back occassionally, but only from Agnus Waters direction.

fisher28
13-10-2005, 08:20 PM
bus :-?