PDA

View Full Version : Radio Course Vicky Point Sat 8th Oct

subzero
11-09-2005, 08:38 AM
This will be the last course of the year. This is to be held on a Saturday, normaly I hold these during the week as people tend not to show up if the weather turns fine and the fish are running. PLEASE do not put your name down unless you intend on showing up.

Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency. (M.R.O.C.P)
Marine Radio Operators VHF only Certificate of Proficiency. (M.R.O.V.C.P)
This course will cover both certificates
The cost for both classes of Certificate is the same. ($48-20)

To be held on Saturday 8th October, starting at 8.30am

VMR Victoria Point.
Council Reserve
Victoria Point
Course Costs and Requirements:
• The “COURSE” is Free to Waterside Assist and Active members
• Course fee $10-00 fee for non-members to recover our costs
• $26.50 (GST inc) Marine Radio Operators Hand Book IF REQUIRED
• $48.20 (GST inc) O.M.C Test for Certification
• A passport sized photo must be provided for inclusion on your life time licence when you sit the test

Study on line for your MROCP test at the Office of Maritime Communications
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/index.html

ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION:
There is a small fee for our services ($10-00) if you ARE NOT a Waterside Assist or Active member of our unit, there is a mandatory fee of $48-20 for the issuing of the test papers from the Office of Maritime Communications and the subsequent marking of those test papers by them. Upon passing they will issue you your lifetime Certificate. (Licence). The fee for this was increased to $48.20 as of the 1st of July by the O.M.C.
If you choose to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook their will be an additional charge of $26-50. (It is recommended that you do purchase this book to meet your legal obligations if your vessel is equipped with Marine Radio's other than 27meg)

Attendees will need to produce a passport sized photo to be included on their MROCP/MROVCP Certificate and also produce photographic proof of their identity; usually this will be in the form of a Drivers Licence or Passport upon completion of the test papers.

There are 2 classes of Certificate, one being the MROVCP, (restricted to VHF only) and the other being the MROCP. (Unrestricted and includes MF/HF).
If the Certificate is for your personal use only, the MROVCP is the one easier to pass with fewer questions to answer. If you are aiming to work on a Commercial Vessel, join a Rescue Group, or own a MF/HF set then you will require the MROCP.
You must make a decision as to which test you wish to sit so the appropriate test papers can be ordered in.
To achieve competency or pass, the minimum level of attainment’s are listed below.
The examination for these Certificates will comprise of the following:
Certificate Time Allowed Total Number of Multiple Choice Questions Section
Pass Mark
1 MROCP 60 minutes 50 A 70%, B 70%
2 MROVCP 30 minutes 30 A 70%, B 70%

To book or if you have any further questions contact Lloyd (Trainer/Assessor) lloyd@vmr.org.au
Mobile 0403539485

subzero
12-09-2005, 04:49 AM
3 out of 10 spots gone
7 left

subzero
21-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Still 5 spots left, any more takers?

Kiktz
21-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Sorry Mate Just read the posting, That is a week end on for me.
We missed the testing the other week that we held as we had to go interstate. Would have loved to have done it as now I have to wait for a lil
bit as we had one Failure that wants to re sit.

You have been very quite of late what have you been up to?

Cheers Aj

Steven78
21-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Lloyd how did the other's go?
I enjoyed the last course

subzero
22-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Gidday Kiktz, good luck when you do get the chance to sit it, if you have any members from Straddy that want to sit it on that date they can do it over at our place if they wish, if they choose to they can do our course or just sit the exam, let me know if we can help in any way.
Been keeping pretty busy, we took over another company on the G/Coast and they moved in with us... been doing some horrendous hours... getting to old... need sleep now days :-/

Gidday Steven, everyone passed, 3 out of the 4 of you's got 100% in the first section, everyone did really well.

Look after yourselves
Cheers Lloyd

Kiktz
22-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey Lloyd,

I am supposed to be on roster that week end I will check and see
But other wise good to hear from you.

Thanks for posting about the boaties market as I
nearly posted about it the other day dont wanna be missing another top day

Cheers

Wyoming
22-09-2005, 12:43 PM
G'day Lloyd - I really enjoyed your course too and I'm pleased that I sat it (and passed!). #I still haven't been able to find someone out there in fishyland or baotyland that will have a go at swapping an MMSI with me, so I still don't know if it actually works on my Navman 7200.

For those of you considering the course - I highly recommend it. #Lloyd is skilled, practical and focused on getting you through.

Neil

subzero
22-09-2005, 05:44 PM
No worries Kiktz, just give me enough time to order in the test papers from the OMC if any of your blokes want to sit it, about 4 days at a push but they do get a bit cranky with short notice on the postage. If any of your members just want to sit in on the course for the day and do the test later at Straddy let me know how many as space is pretty cramped at our little unit... look forward to meeting up with you at the Market on the 30th if we dont catch up with each other before then

Wyoming, you are making my head swell, I wont fit through the door. [smiley=blush.gif] Thanks for you kind comments.
Mmmm, MMSI, real problem isnt it, still not many users out there and I STILL cant figure out why not any 1 of our 7 sets at the base and on the boats will accept the MMSI number when I try to enter it.. I am wondering if because it starts with a restricted number if it has to be dealer fitted to stop people doing dodgy things. I did write a letter to Icom asking them for assistance and come to think of it I have never heard back from them. :(
I will try to chase it up again soon, not that it is of any use to you, YET, our MMSI number is 005030089
I will keep my ear out for anyone local who has an MMSI number to test it on. (I have a sneaking idea that Steven78 in the post a couple above may have been looking into getting his MMSI number, give him a pm and ask him, he might be able to help out)

All the best
Cheers Lloyd

Kiktz
23-09-2005, 03:24 PM
The guys over there organise the tests on out behalf,
It is jsut that we missed out on sitting the last test.
If I can not make it for the next one I will let you know as I would be happy to come and do it with you.

kept you posted

Aj

subzero
23-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Sure thing Kiktz, give us a bell if you need a hand at any time.
Cheers Lloyd

Kiktz
23-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Cheers mate

subzero
26-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Gidday all, the course is now full, sorry to anyone who missed out.
Cheers Lloyd

ANYFISH
26-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Bugger

A trip down to the coast without the boat!!
Oh well i have needed to do this course for a while now.
Maybee i can bring the boat and stay the night and go out sunday morning :D :D ;D

Seeya there
Lucas

subzero
08-10-2005, 04:57 AM
just a reminder, it is on today.
cheers lloyd

Dignity
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
lloyd, When will the next course be held. I missed this post as have not been on much lately and would have had a go at it as just purchased a VHF radio. I'm with MBTBC and they were due to have run a course in October also but have deferred to February. Good luck to those sitting it today.

Cheers Sam

loggerhead
09-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Great course yesterday Lloyd - actually feel confident to use radio properly now - everyone should do this course!!
Would be interested in results when you get them.

Cheers
Lee

subzero
10-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Gidday Dignity, sorry mate, have no plans as yet to run another one this year but that may change. I have 3 since Saturday and if I get to many more I might try and squeeze another 1 in before xmas. Just keep an eye on Ausfish or keep an eyeout on upcoming courses on our website. www.vmr.org.au
If you have a few people at the MBTBC who want to sit it and have an overhead projector I could run 1 over there for you b4 xmas if it is more a matter of your instructor is to busy to run one, I dont want tp stand on anyones toes but am more than willing to help out the club if they wish by doing one for you. Let me know if they would like my help.

No worries Dignity, appreciate your comments and look forward to getting everyones results back. I am sure you will pass with flying colours.

All the best
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
14-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Congratulations. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Everyone on the course passed.
Top scorers from Ausfish members

Lee C 90% section A 100% Section B

Simon M 100% Section A 95% section B [smiley=scholar.gif]

That equates to both of you only having gotten 1 question wrong. Well done.
Anyone else wants their marks and I will e-mail them to you upon request. You all passed easily, none just scraped through.

I will keep an ear out for you all, dont be frightened to call in and say gidday.

Cheers Lloyd

ANYFISH
14-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Gday all

This is a great course to do and if anybody is going to do it i can recomend the course with Lloyd at the Victoria point V.M.R. as it was bloody great!

Thanks Lloyd

Anyfish

subzero
14-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks Anyfish. I have sent you a PM.

Dignity x 2 , no-luck and any others that are chasing another course, I can confirm I will be doing another 1 on Saturday December 3rd.

Can you and any other people wanting to do it, send an e-mail to

lloyd@vmr.org.au

so that when I make up the info pack over the weekend I can send it to you.
I will be posting a new topic on Ausfish first before going fully public in case it fills quickly.
Usualy takes 1-2 weeks to fill.

Cheers Lloyd

loggerhead
14-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Lloyd - you made what could have been a lot of confusing facts and figures easy to digest. Lee