PDA

View Full Version : Insurance query

Elysium
14-10-2005, 04:35 PM
All my fishing tackle is listed under my content insurance at the moment. But while talking to them at in regards to another matter, I found out that my gear IS NOT covered whilst out of the house. I asked if I could list them as a 'portable valuable item' and they said no. So basically at the moment when I am out in the boat, my gear (rods, reels, and lures) are NOT covered.

Does anyone on here use an insurance company that will insure these goods while they are out of the house?

If so, can you let me know!

So it might pay to check with your insurance company too...you may get the same suprise I did.

CQ_Fisher
14-10-2005, 04:56 PM
mate, you need to get a "full accidental loss &/or damage" style policy that covers all of your contents anywhere in Australia. You are going to pay alot more for this type of cover but believe me, if you buy insurance policies purely on the premium then you will get what you pay for. Understand the policy by reading the Product Disclosure Statement, or even better go and see a local insurance broker face to face and tell him/her exactly what you expect the policy to cover you for and they can arrange it for you.

Cheers
JD

gunna
14-10-2005, 05:26 PM
All my rods, reels etc are covered included in my boat insurance. I'm with GIO.

Fishinmishin
15-10-2005, 01:51 AM
All my gear is also included in my boat insurance also but no matter how much I complained, they still refuse to cover any lures or hooks that the fish steal from me >:(. What is this world coming to ::) :-? ;D.
Cheers, Jay

dicko1980
15-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I am insured with Suncorp, and I could name the $ value of fishing gear to be included in the policy

Cheers dicko1980 :D

adrian
16-10-2005, 08:28 AM
i had the same problem when i was with racq moved to cgu was able to list them as portable items and covered to $5000 per claim if need be