PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Market Sunday 30th October

subzero
11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Just a bit of advance notice for you blokes as I know many of you locals like to attend before heading out on the bay.

Cheers Lloyd

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point BOATIES MARKET

Sunday 30 October
05:30am to 12:00noon

Victoria Point State School Cnr Colburn Ave and School Road: Victoria Point, QLD

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point is holding it’s 10th bi annual Boaties Market at the Victoria Point State School grounds in Colburn Avenue on Sunday 30th October. The gates open for stall holders and shoppers at 5.30 am

The proceeds go towards operating and maintaining the rescue vessels, looking after the building, it’s vehicles and the safety equipment. A percentage of the takings is also given to the Schools P & C Assn.

Site holders pay a token fee of $10 per site with there being no restrictions on the size required and no need to book ahead.
Shoppers entry fee is by way of a donation only.
Hot food and drinks are available on the day.

Contact Name: Robert Collyer
Contact Email: robcollyer@ozemail.com.au
Contact Phone: 0412 506 626
URL: http://www.vmr.org.au/upcomingevents.html

subzero
12-09-2005, 04:45 AM
bump
bites and stings pdf attachment

subzero
21-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Bump.
Just a reminder :)

subzero
23-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Bump.... just to keep it in everyones mind , this post tips me over the 500 mark as well... ::)

moreton
23-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I went to the last one, got some great bargins.
See you there Lloyd.

moreton
26-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Bump-Congrats on 500 Lloyd
Cheers Ian

subzero
04-10-2005, 05:18 AM
The Boaties Market is on at the end of this month, not as the Courier Mail said on their Boating page last weekend
Somewhere along the line they have printed the wrong date or been given the wrong information.

I hope no one who reads this site turned up when it wasnt on, I know of one person that travelled 50km with a trailer load of bit's and pieces only to find no one was there.

Remember it's Sunday 30th October

Cheers Lloyd

moreton
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Bump - just to keep this on the front page
Cheers Ian

2DKnBJ
11-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Lloyd
Why not get in touch with Steve or one of the other Mods and get a sticky put on the topic.After all those that go and support this are only looking after something that is in our best interest.Those that look after us while we are out on the water.
Cheers Dazza

subzero
12-10-2005, 04:48 AM
Cheers Dazza, normally Lucky_Phil makes it a sticky subject for us when it gets down to the last couple of weeks. I am sure one of the mods will do it if he hasnt soon.
Thanks for supporting the Market.
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
14-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Getting close now.
Only 2 weeks to go.
Keep your early morning clear for a bargain before heading out fishing for the day.
Cheers Lloyd

lil_boatie
14-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Victoria Point State Primary School was my primary school, I will be there not only to have a look at the stuff but to check out what has happened since i left :)

Thanks

subzero
16-10-2005, 09:32 PM
lil_boatie, it's changed all right.
They have whacked a huge tennis court right out the front, I suspect we will all be using the School Rd entrance instead of the Colburn Ave entrance.

Lucky_Phill, Steve or Derek, if any of you blokes check this out can you make it a sticky topic please.

It's on 2 weeks today.
Cheers Lloyd

lil_boatie
20-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Subzero

Do you work at vicky point primary ?

subzero
20-10-2005, 07:54 PM
;D Me work at a school... no I wouldnt have the patience.
I work on the Gold Coast in a freezer.
I am a member of VMR Victoria Point and help out with fundraising and one or two other things.
Cheers Lloyd

lil_boatie
20-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh

It is just that you know so much, and i know so little even though i live down the road. :)

subzero
20-10-2005, 10:43 PM
lol lil_boatie.

Then I guess I am not doing my job very well at all if you are a local and havent heard to much about what's going on at the Point. (That is another area I am supposed to be keeping an eye on). ;)

Thanks for the kind comments, now I have a fat head to match my fat belly as well :)

All the best lil_boatie

Safe Boating
Cheers Lloyd

SCOTTYGC
22-10-2005, 04:16 PM
whats a good time to get there to have a stall?

i have a few spools of line and some other stuff to offload

scotty

ps still in the freezer at bmd lloyd?

subzero
22-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Gidday Scotty, still sober? Saw your post re 4 days in the Corporate Box at Indy. (Jesus, what a hard life) :) I would be as full as a bull if it was me.

Yep, still at Bidvest, getting to old to find another job now anyway :-/

Market gets under way about 5.30am realy. Pretty much all over and done with by 10.30-11.00am... everone hit's the water after that.

With a bit of luck I will see you there, I am off to NZ for a couple of weeks and I have one of those cheap floating airfares so I dont know when I fly out. Get 2 days notice, first day of available Flight is Sat 29th

Cheers Lloyd