PDA

View Full Version : Dredge plan of Raby Bay loks not going ahead now

redspeckle
25-10-2005, 06:27 PM
In Todays Bayside Bulletin 25/10/2005 Story on page 3
I read the story I am [smiley=angry.gif] & [smiley=angryfire.gif] with it the EPA (Environmental Portection Agency is putting a stop to this because 24,000 cubic metres of silt in to the Raby Bay spoil grounds dumping it their 1.8km out ) isn't evironmetal freindly TYPICAL
The Redland Shire Counicl apply for to be dredge now might have to dump near Mud Island cost them more money to do it $362,000 to $529,000

On same page another little story on Raby Bay VMR now will evently won't be able to operate their largest rescue vessel to help poeple on the water and said as well getting more dangerous to safely launch and retrive boats go on Low Tide down to .4 of metre

As I live in the Redlands (+ a ratepayer) and use Cleveland and Wellington Point Boat ramps (its shallow too its a joke whats the chance's getting this one dredging it )
If it doesn't happen could set a precedent thorough out the SE QLD Boat ramps and it channels
I feel we need to e-mail the Government over this and other parties involed and support VMR Raby Bay so we can make it happen
At the end of the day going affect us all
Mitch

redspeckle
27-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Dont you fellow ausfish's people out their live in the Redland shire and surrounding districts use the boat ramp Don't give a sh#t about this by the looks of it bury you heads in the sand and hope this go's away well it won't after 50 views and no reply's on it
I done something about it sent complant form / e-mail on it to Goverment body's on this
Its our Boating and Marine Resuce future here and chance's of other areas to be dredge in the future

Mitch

scatter1
27-10-2005, 05:51 PM
mate i also live in the redlands and i was happy to see they are being responsible about where they dump this stuff. not much point being able to take your boat out if the reef you wanted to fish is under a metre of silt. seriously though, if the council has to pay more to dump it responsibly then forget the kicking and screaming and just do it.

sam

Rusty_Hook
28-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Mitch, I had trouble following your post. Maybe if I lived in your area and was up on the local news it would mean something to me, but I don't really understand what it is you are saying. Maybe re-read you post and edit it so we can clearly understand the points you obviously feel so strongly about.