PDA

View Full Version : Good fishing clubs

MIKOS
27-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone im looking to up my catches and take another step in my fishing adventures as I believe with fishing there is always something new to learn and you will never know everything and that is why this website is so good.I live near Springwood on the southside in brisbane and am wondering if anyone know of a really good fishing club around there.Preferably one that goes on trips for weekends and day trips would be great. ;)

MIKOS

Louis
27-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Perhaps us Ausfishers could start up our own club?

"Ausfish Fishing Club" perhaps?

Louis

MIKOS
27-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeh I agree with that louis.To talk to all of the ausfishers on this website gives valuable information in theory.But to be able to have a catch up somewhere once every couple of weeks would be great and also get some practical experience.Hey steve if you see this start building one of sheds like on the carlton mid add on tele ;D ;Dwe can all come to your place.

MIKOS

kitty_cat
27-10-2005, 01:19 PM
a few guys from power boat anglers club frequent this site and fish every weekend available,
club meet once a month first tuesday at balmoral bowls club,
see bush and beach for contact details or pm me for some phone no.s
great guys, local to springwood good trips away (1770 and rainbow)
cheers
wayne (pba member myself)

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 01:26 PM
This is an interesting topic actually... I joined up to my local bowling club recently, and was asking them (over a few cheap refreshing beverages ;) ) what they had in the way of "sporting clubs". The only one they had was a ladies & a mens lawn bowls team. "Oh" I said.... "So no fishing club".... Apparently there are a few members of the club who fish, and their suggestion was for me to start one! :-/

Not sure what would be involved, but if there was enough interest, then I'm sure it could be done. Plus the fact that they've never had one, would let me create it how it would be best. (Maybe the first rule should be that all members must give the president AKA ME! their best GPS spots! ;D )

This would be on the north side of Brisbane in the Clayfield/Hendra area... What do people think?

ShaneJ
27-10-2005, 01:34 PM
This would be on the north side of Brisbane in the Clayfield/Hendra area... What do people think?
I'm in! And i'll give you some real good GPS spots for sure ;D

Jeremy
27-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Brisbane Sportfishing Club. Trips to offshore, estuary and freshwater for day weekend or week throughout the year. We meet at the Brisbane 16ft skiff sailing club, Quay St Bulimba on the third Wed of each month. Download the newsletter for free from our website (see below).

To those thinking about starting your own fishing club, great idea but why reinvent the wheel? There is a lot more that goes into running a club - meeting nights and club trips - than you might think. Also have you thought about the cost of insurance?

Jeremy

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 01:51 PM
That was all my hesitation Jeremy.... They kinda suggested it, and I didn't think about it too much.... Just this thread reminded me again.

Don't know what the story would be, but because it cam under the Bowling Club, I would think their insurance would cover it... But I could be VERY wrong!!! ;D

ShaneJ
27-10-2005, 01:59 PM
What I dont like about some/most clubs is the meeting place arrangement. I find it unfair and just plain rude to only have one meeting place that suits very few people. It means people on the other side of town have to drive all that way for every meet. Why not have two meeting places and rotate between them for meetings?

DR
27-10-2005, 02:20 PM
What I dont like about some/most clubs is the meeting place arrangement. I find it unfair and just plain rude to only have one meeting place that suits very few people. It means people on the other side of town have to drive all that way for every meet. Why not have two meeting places and rotate between them for meetings?

that's why you join your local club ;) nice & close all the time :)

ShaneJ
27-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Ahhh, now you tell me >:(

Whats my local club? :-/

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Where you based?

ShaneJ
27-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Boondall :)

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 02:41 PM
We can organise a drinking session at the Hendra Bowling Club, and just pretend it's a fishing club.... ;)

Then we can just organise fishing trips whenever, have made up competitions, etc

ShaneJ
27-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a plan :D

theoldlegend
27-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey Dan,

Don't you have some secret spots in Schultz's Canal? I'm sure i've seen posts of yours previously about these.

TOL

MIKOS
27-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Dan,

Do you live on the northside?
I like the idea of a club that meets up at a different destination preferable a day or a night on a weekend,have a fish and all catch up for a chat.

MIKOS

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 03:21 PM
TOL - ;D .....maybe...... ;) he he he

MIKOS - I live at Hendra... Just around the corner from the Bowling Club, so that the reason I joined up there! And the fact that schooners of XXXX Bitter is $3.10 is such an added bonus!

I guess it doesn't need to be a club anyway.... Just a group of fisherman who like to get together for a drink, swap info, go fishing, etc.

MIKOS
27-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah I know hendra Quiet well.used to have stables there.nice spot.
You are lucky to have such a handy spot (bowls cluB)with cheap pi$$ all in a staggering distance home.Thats just what id be keen for. ;D

MIKOS

Fordo
27-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi Mikos,
You could also check out the "Southern Brisbane Sportfishing Club" at Beenleigh.
They meet the first Monday of Each Month in Beenleigh.
There is usually a Formal trip away each month and Alternative( a local trip for those who can't make the formal one).

As well as casual trips organised by a few members at other times.
Send me a PM and I can forward you details if you like.

Regards
Kev

Dug
27-10-2005, 05:46 PM
good fishing clubs?

I was going to say just cut a pickaxe handle in half, it works for me ;)

robersl
27-10-2005, 06:17 PM
i am a member of the morayfield eels social fishing club we try and fish once a month not many of the members have boats and we are sponsered and supported by the morayfield sports club . we are a family club and do weekend camps in november we are going to noosa river house boats for a 3 day weekend we also plan to have family fishing and camping days at donnybrook caloundra and a fresh water yabbie hunt for the kids nexy year only $20 a year to join and the sports club sub some our more expensive trips like house boats and deep sea trips

shane

gropeher
27-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Imagine the cost of 2 x places for meetings, I imagine that would double your club fees, my suggestion is to join a local club that suits, or you will need to be prepared to travel a little.
Just my thoughts.
I see the Redlands boat club in the local rag appear to have alot of comps and meet on Friday nights at the club for a meal and drinks.

snappa
27-10-2005, 06:57 PM
dan

interested in deep sea fishing then give me a ring ....
i'm also a member of P>B>A.

we fish offshore as a club....

skippa
27-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Ryan,

Sharks footy club at Vicky Point have a fishing club and not forgetting the Redland Bay Amateur Fishing Club too. Plenty of local clubs in the redlands. #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

fishr
27-10-2005, 10:14 PM
wat r scrubbies
:o

outsiderskip
28-10-2005, 05:42 AM
iwas in the president of the kuraby fishing club for 5years never start another too much winghing
and jealousy goes on and u end up doing everything yourself

cheers pete

jeffo
28-10-2005, 06:41 AM
sunshine coast game fishing club

www.scgfc.org.au

MIKOS
28-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Fordo,

Just sent you a P.M ;)

MIKOS

gogecko
28-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Ive just joined Oxenford Fishing Club last week. Dunno whats its like yet, but I'll let ya know in a few weeks, after I clean up at the fishing comp.

Anybody else online in Oxenford Club?

land_based
28-10-2005, 10:40 PM
don't kedron wavell rsl have a club??? i'd be keen dan!

rando
29-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Mikos
Try Blue Fin FC at Inala, they have a huge club,restaurant, bars, pokies, I dont know much about their fishing program but their facilities are second to none.
rando

MIKOS
31-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Rando,

Thanks I will have a look at that as well.
Seems to be alot of options ;)

Go Gecko,

Keep us posted on the oxenford club.Let me know what it is like.Keeping my option open. ;)Good luck

MIKOS