PDA

View Full Version : Friday arvo drinks Brisbane CBD tomorrow 12pm

madman1
20-10-2005, 07:54 PM
After a good session with WOOF, Spud and myself we got to thinking how many Ausfishers actually work in the Brisbane CBD.

Of those Ausfishers, who would be interested in a few pints at the Embassy or somewhere else.

The plan may be to meet at the Embassy or some other designated watering hole and tell a few tails!

I would find it interesting to see which buildings we work. #Chances are there are a few of us in each building.

I will start it off. #

I work in the William Buck building just opposite the Victory and the Stocky Hotel. #A bad spot I know but I manage.

Lets start a friday drinking session. #Who's in for it?

Cheers and heres to a calm weekend.

Short notice I know but lets see if we can get this off the ground.

Mark

madman1
21-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Obviously too short a notice.

Does any one else apart from WOOF and myself work in the CBD?

Lets try for next friday.

I am going to drop the crab pots this arvo.

Toodles

Mark

MIKOS
21-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Madman1,

Choice spot to work mate. ;)Unfortunatly I work on the southside :'(.So I have to settle for Dooleys tavern 5 doors down ;D.But i will have a skull for you,spud and woof. ;) ;D

Cheers

MIKOS

essky
21-10-2005, 12:22 PM
I work in queen street and am always keen for a few by the time friday comes around

troy :)

sunny
21-10-2005, 12:28 PM
I work in the AMP building on Eagle St. Lovely view of the river 8-)

Can't make it today, but definitely up for a cold one or two on Fridays

madman1
21-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Next Friday it is then!

If we get enough Ausfishers we may be able to swing a deal with the publican!

Cheers for the weekend

Mark

Fishin_Dan
21-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Mark - I work at Teneriffe now, but used to work in the Black Ink building...

However, for a good booze session, I'm sure I can make my way into town!!! (What a good alcoholic I am ;D )

Next friday it is :D Seeya there guys.

adamleah
21-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I work in the QR Building at Central Station ... I am at home today and already have a send off next friday so will be unable to go so maybe another Friday arvo ... Heard Rosies has a good lunch show on fridays ;) ;)

gilly83
21-10-2005, 06:39 PM
i work at gibson island but for a beer and a chat... and another dozen beers i'll drive into the city, or should i say cab it to the city although lunch time would be hard 5 ish would be better...for me anyway
great idea though ;) ;)

jared

bazzacuda
21-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Madman1

I work in Charlotte St, sounds like a great idea for next Friday 28th

regards

Barry

madman1
21-10-2005, 09:32 PM
great response lets do it!

see you all there

Wake up WOOF

theoldlegend
22-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Mark, (Madman)

Before I retired I used to work in Forestry House at 160 Mary Street. From the rear of our building we reckoned we could rig up a flying fox from the 12th floor right into the front door of the Victory, but in those days there was a vacant block diagonally across from the Exchange. There's probably a high rise there now.

I would like to meet up with some of you of a Friday lunchtime so I could pick up some tips from those who know.

You haven't said which pub you're going to?? Or have I missed something?? With my age, I'm allowed to miss things.

Anyway, would be good to meet up. Please let me know what the latest arrangements are.

John Miller
TOL

PinHead
22-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Lemme see..I have a job at Newstead..one at Teneriffe..one in Adelaide Street and one at West End and one at Buranda...thinking that the centre of that lot is the CBD..which pub? what time?

Just_chips
22-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah Mark sounds great, I am in the office fitout game so I am almost always in the CBD. I'm at CP2 at the moment but probably only for a week, so next Friday may work out just fine me.

Just set a time and location and I'll see what I can swing.

Cheers Kev

renard1
23-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Great idea .I'm in. Just post time and venue for next Friday

blaze
23-10-2005, 09:35 AM
May I be so foward and sugest/demand that you all finish work at lunch time, meet up and have a drink and finish the drinking by 5 so as not to interfer in time that should be spent fishing.
cheers
blaze

BigE
23-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Great idea madman i work at the big QR building on AnnSt a drink sounds like a good idea, i did realize so many ausfishers worked so close together, almost enough for a M&G. or a bream comp at North Quay !!!!

Regards E

bungie
23-10-2005, 10:33 AM
adamleah,

Rosie's got their knicker licence back then ??

madman1
24-10-2005, 11:51 AM
How about we meet at the Embassy at 12pm on Friday 28th and see how we end up. It may last an hour, it will probably last longer and if we're luck it may get messy!!!!! lol

See you all then.

Its not too late to join the festivities.

Who's coming

Madman
Woof
BigE
Renard1
Justchips
Pinhead
theoldlegend
bazzacuda
Fishindan
Sunny
essky

Should be a good session.

If it turns out well we can organise another venue while at the Embassy.

Cheers

Mark

craigie
25-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Mark,

I also work in the city at 80 Ann Street and am partial to a cold beer or 10 ::), may not make it this Friday :-/, but will follow your posts and hope to join in at some stage.

CHEERS

Craigie.

WOOF
25-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Strewth Madman,
I'm always keen for a beer.
Depends how much work I have on......oh, bugger it...
I'm there!

Fishin_Dan
25-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Ooh... Didn't realise it was lunchtime... Am more than keen to come after work (Bout 5-ish), but can't really make lunchtime unfortunately.... Besides it would cost too much to drink THAT long at a pub!!! ;D

Sounds like we might have a couple of shifts going... So the plan seems to be everyone who can, meet at the Embassy at lunchtime. For those who can't get out that early to play, where should we all meet for the 5 o'clock session? Still the embassy or elsewhere? I'm happy for people to give me a yell on the mobile for meeting places/drinking locations/who's fallen down stories/etc ;)

madman1
26-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Never mind all of those who cant make it. We can easily organise another one at a later date.

Identifying us at the Emabassy at lunchtime may be a worry. Look out for WOOF I will get him to wear his French Maids costume. That will make us easy to find! lol!!! ;D

I will post on Friday what we will both be wearing to make it easier.

We will more than likely sitting at the front window admiring the scenery going by!! :-*

Till Friday

Cheers

Mark

WOOF
26-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry madman.....I cant wear that outfit.
You borrowed it from my girl remember???..... when you went to Mardi Gras.
Dont distress.....Madman will wear his leather g-string and gimp suit.

sunny
26-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Sorry guys, not even the french maid's outfit is gonna swing it for me #:o

I'm one of the idiots that get to go to meetings on a Friday afternoon. #So lunchtime is definitely out. #"Yesh bosh! #I's ready to preshent to the exshecutive mangesh hic!" [smiley=drunk.gif]

Dan, if you hit town in the late afternoon, maybe we can arrange a second shift

Sandman
26-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Not to far from the centre so name the time and place should be able to swim over ;D

madman1
26-10-2005, 02:39 PM
All right here we go!

Where : The Embassy Hotel (Cnr Edward and Elizabeth Streets the City)
When : 12.00 pm Friday 28th October 2005

See you all there

Call me if you need to on 0409 691 941

Cheers

Mark

Fishin_Dan
26-10-2005, 09:46 PM
OK, for those who prefer the later session (Which will just end up joining the first group to pick them up off the floor ;) ):-

Where : The Embassy Hotel (Cnr Edward and Elizabeth Streets the City)
When : 5.00-5:30 pm Friday 28th October 2005

My number is 0414540880.

bugman
27-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Madman,

I'm out for this Friday as I already have a Hacks and Has-beens fishing debrief at the Regatta but I'll be up for future Friday drinkies. I'm not at far away ;)

Bugman

Pwoida
27-10-2005, 08:59 AM
I'll see if I can find some work in the city tommorrow. Any luck, I'll be there.

madman1
27-10-2005, 10:36 AM
It doesn't matter if you only show up for a quick drink or several. This will give us the opportunity to say g'day to fellow Ausfishers if we happen to run in to each other in the street.

Come on

Fishin_Dan
27-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Just think... All you guys that work in the city have probably been standing next to each other at the lights, or catching the lift together for months and still only nod in acknowledgement...

Now you'll be able to say "DAMN you were pi$$ed the other night! I can't believe how much we drank!"

;D ;D ;D

madman1
27-10-2005, 04:29 PM
My thoughts precisely Dan.

Each person if you have business cards, bring 'em. You never know when we may need each other.

I will be wearing a purple short sleeve button up shirt with dark business pants,maybe a greenish cap and wearing glasses and have a schooner in my hand and another one waiting on the bench. Other wise call me on 0409 691 941.

Can wait to meet you all.

WOOF dont say a thing about my dress standards, its Friday afterall.

Cheers

Mark (aka madman1)

browndog
27-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Crabbing early and a few ales later ill be there .

Wyoming
28-10-2005, 09:45 AM
WOAH!!

How remiss of me! I work in Cromwell House, Mary Street and the Em is just a short stagger from the coal face.

See you there.

Is it too early to leave yet?

Neil

madman1
28-10-2005, 10:32 AM
My wife has been a bit slack of late and didn't iron my sexy purple shirt.

Just look out for the dirty greeny driza-bone cap.

See you there!

Cheers

Mark

Fishin_Dan
28-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll be there... Not sure what time, but somewhere around mid to late afternoon I guess. I've worked heaps of overtime these last few days, so should be able to duck out a bit quicker.... :)

I've got jeans & a dark blue Dell shirt on

madman1
28-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I'll be there till around 2pm.

essky
28-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Be there after 2. Feeling thirsty

Fishin_Dan
28-10-2005, 02:48 PM
OK, have heard from the first group (Alpha Team - AKA Can't drink all day pansies, so all went home! ;D ):-

Apparently they had a good turn out, and there was discussions of possibly a monthly drinking session (AKA - Casual M&G) being organised. It is yet to be decided if it will be a combined one in the city or if there will be 2 seperate ones for North & South.

I'll be heading in there soon, so hopefully can catch up with a few people. There was apparently a small issue of not being able to meet everyone easily as noone knew what the other person looks like... So.... Look for the tallish guy in a dark blue DELL t-shirt with jeans on. That's me! :D Can also call me on 0414540880.

Cheers,
Dan

sunny
28-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Be there as soon as I escape from the endless cycle of meetings and reports...

TGIF :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sunny
28-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Fishin_Dan is sitting there all on his lownsome at the moment. #:'(

I'll be there real soon to make sure he doesn't drink the bar dry without me. #

Anyone else keen to join us? #If you're looking for us, I'm wearing jeans and a white shirt with a green logo.

The_Walrus
28-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Was there at lunch time. Great to put faces to names. A monthly M&G would be great. Need to have a small ausfish flag on a stand to indicate the grouping center. ;)

Went home from here.

Am about to head for the Pine river for some quality time with the local bass. :D

Luc

BigE
28-10-2005, 05:56 PM
missed the boat this time boys as i have a 0400 am start will be at the next 4shore!!111

WOOF
28-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Was at the lunch session....about to go down for the nightly sess.
Got to love Fridays.

madman1
28-10-2005, 07:54 PM
It was great to put names to faces. Thanks to all those who attended.
Attendees or the lunchtime session were as follows:

Wyoming
Luc
WOOF
Webby
Pinhead
Bazzacuda
and Madman

If i missed you please forgive my drunkeness.

As Fishin_Dan mentioned I am hoping to do this on a regular basis and maybe forming a northdide/southside family based social club.

By this i mean meeting at a designated place central to all people and meeting/getting p!ssed on a regular (fortnightly/weekly) basis.

From here we can organise M&G's that are family friendly.

What are your thoughts??

Let me know, as if there is no interest I will let the idea go by the way side!

Cheers

Madman (Mark)

Lucky_Phill
28-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice work fellas

Greg and Brian seem to turn up no matter where, as long as the drinkies are flowing ? ::)

Cheers Phill

Sportfish_5
28-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Top effort to still be able to put a post up that made sense after that session mark ::)

Used to work in town at Astor Terrace but now we are out near that bloody DFO place at the airport. Would have been there builing relationships as well if still based in town ;)

Cheers

Greg

Scalem
29-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Pitty I didn't see this post until now, the 29th October, but because I work in Queen street this sounds like a great idea. I'll watch out for the next one.

Scalem

sunny
29-10-2005, 06:40 AM
The evening session turned out to be Essky, Fishin_Dan and me. It was good fun. Pity we didn't make it for the lunch session.

Probably a good thing too, If I'd started earlier, it just would have meant more drinking time :P

Love to know how Dan's doing this morning, he said he was heading out to Mud at some ungodly hour.

PinHead
29-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Nice work fellas
#

Greg and Brian seem to turn up no matter where, as long as the drinkies are flowing ? ::)

Cheers #Phill

It is like this Phill..Brian and myself carried out an important task...we made sure the good name of Ausfish was not tarnished. Can you imagine someone hanging their head out of the window of the Embassy at one of the lovely ladies walking past on a Friday lunchtime and saying something like...I am a member of Ausfish so show us your ****.

See..simple isn't it...Brian and myself attended to make sure this did not happen...do you think we enjoy all these activities where alcohol is involved?

theoldlegend
29-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry Guys, I didn't make it. There was a method in my madness, in that I'm going away next month for a few days, and I don't want to jeopardise my chances of the intended trip.

Once the trip is over though, you can be assured of my attendance.

Will keep this post on the top of my list.

Regards

TOL

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey all. It was a little "quiet" at the nightly one, but as Carelton left early-ish (No matter how much I tried to convince the wife on the phone ;D ), it was up to Troy (Eskky) and myself to kick on.

So we kicked on.... Then we kinda occasionally kicked....Then we kinda willed it to go on.... Then kebabs appeared... ;) (You know it's been big when they materialize!)

Anyway, the morning trip to Mud was still a go ahead, but was a little late to the ramp ::) I hate doing that to people, but the lovely gentleman seemed to be ok about it (Thankfully!), so all was good. I even got him onto his first squire & sweetie!

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Troy (Eskky)

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Carelton (Sunny)

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2005, 09:36 AM
One good reason you all shoulda come along..... (The bar that is ;) )

flynny15
31-10-2005, 02:24 PM
wow, iam so impressed, i love a beer, i have just moved up from melbounre so would have loved to catch up with some ausfishers, as i dont know many people. iam currently in mlebounre for the races, so i missed the whole forum, until now. i live in new farm and baing a truck driver can only make a arvo session at around 6pm, so when is the next meet men???

flynny15
02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
OK ausfishers, is there gonna be drinks this friday somewhere in the city????? iam up for a 5-6pm session.

Dignity
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Bugger, I had to be away on hols when this happened. Madman1 I work in charlotte strret and drink lots at the Vic and will be having a few tomorrow night before mossying on to the Adrenalin bar for a work function. Guess I 'll just have to keep an eye out for the next one.

Cheers Sam