PDA

View Full Version : Rex Hunt & Family

JB
01-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, i just saw on today tonight i think it was that rex hunt and his family were bashed in byron bay by a gang of youths. I just want to say , Rex mate i hope they catch the bastards and you get some justice out of the whole incident. Its an absolute joke that an innocent family can be holidaying in an australian coastal town like byron bay and be bashed by a group of youths , that apparently go around looking for innocent tourists to "bash and tell them there not wanted" . If i had my way , they all should be caught and strung up by there balls.

Being from the fishing community i really feel sorry for a man that has given so much bak to fishing and the community to recieve something like this.

Anyways thats my 2 bob.

Rex if u read this and you need help, send us a pm ;)

JB

Volvo
01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
It was also stated that the Police knew who the culprits were but werent going to do anything!!??..
Would have liked to know more but far as they went re the offenders..
??

gawby
01-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I heard something on the radio about this and coundnt believe what i was hearing.
It is a shame when you carnt go on holidays and enjoy yourself when you are a person who stands out in the spotlight.
I think from what i hear that this location has a bit of a reputation when it comes to this sort of thing. Dosnt say much for law enforcement in this town. If the coppers got off the highway for a while and cleaned up the streets maybe this wouldnt happen.
Rex, hold your head high as scum like this arnt worth sh't in my books. I hope all goes well for you and your family.
Graeme

rajawolf
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
The police can not do anything cause no complaint was made to them about the attack...

Maybe if Rex Hunt would like something done besides getting himself on TV...then he needs to make the complaint to the police not Ray Martin ect ect..

chemmy
01-11-2005, 08:22 PM
i heard about this just before school and was discusted in the end they will get theres. >:( >:( >:(

rexy i just want you to know if we were there when it was happening the haertless scum that did this to you would end up with a face that even a mother couldn't love.

Darryl
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Totally besides the point wether he made a complaint or not , these little turds did it and that's all there is to it. Even if charged they would just get off with a slap on the wrists.

As Rex said , he is going after the parents to take civil action because nothing was done about the kids.

Maybe a M@G at Byron is in order.

(Joking) ::)

bungie
01-11-2005, 08:46 PM
My understanding was the "kids" were all under age to be charged, so rex is going to try and take them via the civil courts.

Best to the family Rex

krtazy
01-11-2005, 08:52 PM
when are they going to stop slapping these wankas on the hand and letting them go. Something needs to be about it and i dont think that ray martin is the man to do it. As ray would probably say they are a minority and we should feel sorry for them. Some firmer action needs to be taken immediatley

Bosunsmate
01-11-2005, 10:36 PM
No one has mentioned the Brisbane man who was also bashed with a stubbie the next day also by a gang who told him while they bashed him that he was being thumped because he was a tourist and was not wanted in their community.

It goes without saying that these cowards need to be caught and if under age their guardians/parents should be made pay restitution for medical bills etc....If these persons are of age then make them pay with community service make them work.

The system is failing, I have always believed that the system is in need of a revamp. A simple solution is to ;

Employ the criminals in the army and make them earn some self respect & discipline, there are plenty of ex nam vets who would relish the job to control their movements by making them live in the barracks and eat at the mess between shifts.

Make the buggers work 12hrs on 8hrs off for their first 6 months of custody, if they behave give them 8 on 8 off for good behiour, make them work on the roads & other communitty projects to aid those that they have deprived and hurt.

There is a Sherrif in the USA who makes his prisoners wear hot pink sock, singlets and coveralls and live in tents eating nothing but bologne sandwiches with no TV or papers except the Christian cable feeds. Hes response to the "Do Gooders" is that the soldiers in the Middle East aren't getting anything better so why should the prisoners.

We need this Sherrif over here IMHO anyway.

ba229
01-11-2005, 10:43 PM
No no no.

We, and they all need more cuddles and kisses.

Trust me... I have been told it works, so it must. ::)

straddie
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
He's an unlucky man poor old Rex Hunt

nasty people blowing smoke in his announcers box
people making him drop his pants at airports
others slipping knives and forks into pockets on planes

now 20 teenagers violently attack for him no reason but he hasn't laid any charges?

I feel certain on Rexys past record he in no way contributed to what happened he was just unlucky again. ::)

NeMo84
02-11-2005, 12:14 AM
good point straddie, but at the same time i find it hard to believe that an old bloke walkin along with his wife, son, and his son's girlfriend is gonna start shit with a bunch of ratbags hanging out like some kinda street gang, on the "mean" streets of byron bay i might add(wankers [smiley=beatnik.gif]), at the end of the day they're gonna pick the wrong bloke and at least one of em is gonna end up gettin stabbed or something [smiley=rifle.gif] and then they'll start crying to the cops like the hard men they are, it happens in Brisbane all the time but its sad to see it goin on down there [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

whynott
02-11-2005, 04:44 AM
SIK EM REX!!!!!!!!!!!!

JewseeTHAT
02-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Where's this bloke when Rexy needed him?
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,17114419-5001028,00.html

GBC
02-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Like the ute stickers said - SHOOT FERALS. Now 15 years on and we let 'em breed and this their contribution to our community. Some hardline action is required. If the government isn't up for it - step aside.

theoldlegend
02-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I think some of the problem is that these kids have had it drilled into them by the do-gooders etc that because of their age, they are virtually untouchable and they can just about do whatever they want.

A couple of years ago, we saw a lady get her handbag pinched from under the chair where she was sitting at a local sporting field. The 15 yr old kid was caught by some of us and he just said "You can't touch me - I'm under age. I'll have you charged with assault if you touch me."

Anyway, it took a fair while for somebody to call the police, and he was given a good touch up in the meantime round the back by some some of the troops who saw him pinch the bag. When the police arrived, this kid was packing it something shocking and screaming "They bashed me!"

The cops were told he stumbled and fell, hitting his face when he went down. They seemed to be very satisfied with this explanation. When he went to court, he was given a warning and no conviction recorded. He hasn't been seen at the grounds ever since.

I think drugs have a lot to do with this and it makes them ten feet tall, especially if the numbers are in their favour. I can share Rex's frustation with the justice system which in my view offers nothing by means of deterrents; it only gives their mates encouragement to go out and do the same, because their mate got off untouched.

TOL

MIKOS
02-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Guys,

what i cannot understand is the fact that these gutter trash think they are so tuff >:(.How can you be tough when there is 5 or more of you and 1 of us. :-/The fact is that I bet that none of them would ever pick me for a fight one on one or id flog there little a$$es so good it would be the last time they ever did this.The parents would be feral scum and should be accountable for the little $hits actions.Rex has done alot for children and he is a great guy.I hope that we all hear more on this.Sue there a$$es rexie boy. ;D ;D ;)

Oh by the way they for the record they ended up getting beaten by a woman. ;D ;D ;D

MIKOS

mono
02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Dont beleive everything you read about their age! There are plenty of idiots doing this in Byron and they arent all under 18.
I've posted more info in the other link on this subject about rex.
Cheers

stubi
02-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey Alex

If all I get for breaking the law is kisses and cuddles from you, you have nothing to worry about, even if I am running 10 min late for my wedding I WILL NOT break the law by speeding, I PROMISE!!!!!! :-/ [smiley=angel.gif] [smiley=policeman.gif]

On a more serious note, I hope that one day the same thing happens to them when they are visiting somewhere else. It doesn't help the victims now, but MAYBE the victims in the future.

Take care everyone, needles on boat ramps, bashings......... [smiley=end.gif]

sackrash
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Im with Straddie, Im sure in no way would Rex have done anything to get the kids going. ( im not batting for the kids here) but I have seen good old Rex at his best. Probably nearly similar to what happened to him, he was practising with his mates against professional fishermen (only when thefishermen were alone), and being there when my mates son asked him for an autograph and he told the child to F### off, that was really nice so sympathy for poor old Rex sorry champ..

roz
02-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Volvo,

Rajawolf is correct, if no body makes a complaint there is not much the police can do.

It's not because they don't want to, it's a little unfair to blame the coppers, they don't make the laws, only up hold them.

Our state governments are to blame for these laws... and there is one way to change that.

roz

Volvo
02-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Yep can agree to certain point and only mentioned what i had heard on the telly on the night BUT!!surely if the law is broken especially when the possabillty existed of one or two more people could have been killed from that incident and the Police DID!! know the offence took place and who did it SURELY!! something can & could have been done???..
Would go on a bit more on the subject but flat out goin one round nowadays let alone more lol...
As fer the feckers that commited said offence as well as the ones who leave their so called syringes about the place with no regard fro others!!..
they ARE a byproduct of todays society and times are only gunna get worse unless more policing is pointed in said direction..
Said too much allready me thinks :-[..
Cheers

Burley_Boy
02-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Sorry Roz but you said that there is only one way to change the state laws??? Now are you under the impression that a change of government will change the laws or am I missing something here?

Strong public opinion on an issue will change the laws if there is no stong reasons or forces against the change (i'd hope so anyway) Sure that is political pressure. I just don't have any illusions about one polly being better at the job than another.

Rex, sue the buggers and make them responsible for their actions.

theoldlegend
03-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Roz,

I don't know about NSW, but here in sunny Qld we are constantly being reminded by our pollies that we have some of the toughest criminal laws in Australia. I don't doubt that, but they are the maximums and the magistrates and judges seem very reluctant to impose a penalty anywhere above the minimum, which is a joke in my humble view.

The pollies simply say: "We can't interfere with the court system". Problem solved for the pollies. Maybe a merit system should be introduced for the magistrates and judges: the more you put in jail, the quicker you'll get a promotion.

The police get frustrated and cynical with the system, spending a lot of time processing these scum, only to see them walk out of court thumbing their noses at the police after they've been given yet another chance.

TOL

Roo
03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
What a Beat up!!!! >:( :( :o

gang of 20 thugs........

I think the media beat up has twisted this a little out of proportion.
I work in byron bay and i first heard about this incident on the telly like yourselves. When asking around I was reliably informed that there was 1 youth... Probably looking to make a name for himself :-/. perhaps the twenty thugs were really just other people on the street!? they all look the same to me.

I understand rex was treated for a bleeding nose and 1 youth was treated for cuts and abrasions incl. stiches for his trouble.

I'm not defending the little shits around here but don't forget how easy it is for TV Jounalism to turn a scuffle between a celebrity and a drunken fool into some kind of premeditated hate crime.

Byron Bay is full of all sorts of people from all walks of life. It is always the minority that is singled out and the majority that suffer for it. I don't think byron is any different to any other tourist town when it comes to violent attacks on innocent victims.

There are idiots everywhere.

cheers, Roo.

roz
03-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Burley Boy,

I didn't say "only way", but since the present state government has been in power in NSW, there have have been changes to laws regarding juvenile crime, to the point where they are almost untouchable. I have seen this first hand.

Conservative governments tend to support tougher laws, whether or not this would happen with a change of government in NSW remains to be seen. I feel there is a good chance though, as something needs to be done.

Now I really don't want to start a debate here on criminal laws/politics, this is merely my opinion, but I am sure I'm not alone here.

Cheers Roz.

theoldlegend
03-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Geez, this stuff fires me up!!

Had a look at something this morning and found a juvenile who is currently on bail regarding 53 charges to be heard, over 30 of which are UUMV, some with arson. The majority of the others are B & E.

My point is, had this kid been banged away after, say 2 or 3 offences, would there still be 30 odd cars on the road still with their owners who didn't have to claim on their insurer; that is, if they were insured?

The offender will turn 16 later this month. Surely there's got to be a limit as to how many chances they get. In my view, this sort of leniency must surely send a message to other juveniles that they can virtually do as they please.

TOL

Burley_Boy
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
No argument here Roz.
I suppose I really think that the only way to get laws changed is first by public opinion pushing the debate to the point where pollies see points in actually addressing the issue. So even forums like this that spill into the media and public debate will hopefully help push the issus so that it becomes a political one. then your vote may actually be considered instrumental in the change.
Complain to your local member and get others to do the same.