PDA

View Full Version : REX HUNT AND SON BASHED AT BYRON BAY

bignick
01-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I watched the news tonight and I was apalled to see Rex Hunt and his son bashed at Byron Bay. Now I have no feeling towards Rex either way, but it is just another example of how the shit-heads are running the streets whilst the decent people cower in fear. Apparently, this attack was carried out via the normal modus operandai; a gang of young men (probably fuelled up on alcahol or God knows what) visciously attack a much older (assumed to be much weaker) victim and they started by hurling abuse at Rex's wife and his son's girlfriend. How tough are these people; abusing women to lure men out to a cowardly gang bashing, the sheer numbers involved in which make the situation hopeless from the beginning for the victims. I thought Byron Bay (and the other towns like it in Northern New South Wales) were supposed to be friendly little hamlets away from the rat-race where one could get away from it all in safety with one's family, and some of the places were considered a little bit "quirky" because of the small population living an "alternative" lifestyle. Well, that's all gone out the window now. This proves once and for all that these supposedly "idyllic" little places are no safer than the major city centres they are so desperate to differenciate themselves from. It is just a natural progression that the explosion of anger and aggression that is permeating our city and suburban streets would find its way to places like Byron Bay. The local Police are stating that they are not going to investigate the matter until Rex and/or his son lodges a formal complaint. They say they no who the gang are, and they refuse to act: another win for those hell-bent on destroying the society that previous generations have handed to them as the Police seem too fast to cast such an event into the "too hard" basket. I have been to that part of the world many times since I was a small child, and I can tell you that the "dope smokin' hippies" are of little concern, as they weren't back then. I would say other things are fuelling the events of that area, and instead of making their users want to be all smiles then go to sleep, they make these young people 20 feet tall, 20 feet wide and bulletproof and juiced up on anger and bravado and hunting around for an easy target to vent their spleens on. Trouble is, when they do get caught and they are taken away from the security blanket of the gang, they are all as weak as piss and the cry the biggest, loudest crocodile tears if somebody gives them a little bit back. Piss on 'em all. As they used to say in Dad's Army, "They don't like it up 'em!" Now, the best thing Byron Bay has going for it is a highway by-pass.

Cheers,
NICK.

Cheers,
NICK.

bosso
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
sure love to give them a bit of their own medicine ;)

Seamus
01-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Yep - seeing this crap more and more often >:(

BUt what gets to me is that no longer is it a matter of if you got into a knuckle, it STOPPED when one of you were dropped on your arse. Now, these pathetic little bastards feel the need to have their mates join in and attempt to bludgeon the victim to death by any means.

If it were up to me, the stocks would still be used for these gutless pricks - and that's on a good day.

Seamus

NeMo84
01-11-2005, 11:50 PM
well said bignick, thats the problem with society these days, all the decent are scared of these gutless toss-off's and for some other reason unknown to me just walk on by and watch some poor bastard get ten shades of shit kicked out of him by a pack of wankers like that...and later complain that when it happened to them no-one helped, i have no particular feelings toward rex hunt either, but bashin a bloke in front of his wife and family for no reason at all is just poor form, we saw what happened to that cricket player david hooks after coppin a king-hit and taking a bad fall, these pricks could really hurt someone, and for no reason, and they dont give a toss, i woulda liked to be there and cop a flogging with old rexy, woulda hit him up for a pile of new fishin gear afterwards ;)hahaha

StevenM
02-11-2005, 07:22 AM
one word

Carma

turkey_beach_boy
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
They wouldnt be dope smokin hippies more likely to be full of speed.That the drug of chioce for most young people theses days.Makes them think they can do what they like.Where has all the respect gone for the older generation gone.

RobSee
02-11-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm going to Byron for a Bucks weekend in 2 weeks. Most of the guys I will be with are police (SERT) or ex security personel. It will make for an interesting night if we are set upon

Wear_the_fox_hat
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Well said Big Nick, but here's another angle to these type of pricks & their antics. Work colleague was out at night & ended up on his own surrounded by a bunch of these wannabe's. He went to walk away & the first one that got in his road was duly knocked 'a over t' with one hit, then the waters parted & he proceeded on his way. Then work colleague ended up in court on assault charges & it cost him near on $20,000.00 in court costs, medical bills & paying for pain & suffering to the so called victim. So who's the victim in these situations????????

fishman7
02-11-2005, 11:50 AM
hi guys
me and my brother was set apond by 6 teen so we gave then a touch up..so they run to the cops and we got charge took it to court and won but cost as a bit of money.that the trouble the young won get away with heps and the courts let them.

nonibbles
02-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Absolutely disgusting.

Yet again people falling victim of the minimal action from those charged with securing our freedoms!

I thought that assault was against the law under the criminal code. #It shouldn't have to wait for someone to place a charge. #There is evidence that it happened and the police know who did it - what is wrong with these people!!!!

This sends a message that you can beat someone up and as long as the outcome does not constitute murder or manslaughter its ok. #Time to prosecute the offence not the outcome. #Sounds more and more everyday that policework is business and not service.

Unfortunately for these "idillic" areas is the fact that they also attract other people who don't wish to contribute to in a positive manner to society hence, quite often, their high long term unemployed population. By the time these people actually become motivated the world passes them by and unfortunately mischief often becomes a byproduct of their boredome and frustration.

I know there are also plenty of people who are motivated that can't get work and I also know that these people may not necessarily be unemployed but stereotypes exist often due to their level of acceptance by the wider community as being generally accurate. I also know that I will be criticised for saying so but thats probably better served in another thread ;)

Oops, just read in another thread that they were mainly under aged kids and Rex probably wouldn't get a decent judicial finding if he persued criminal charges. Now that's disgusting!!!!

Go for the parents AND the kids otherwise the courts are most likely to support the notion that the parents cannot be held reponsible for their kids actions 100% of the time. Although we did have a local judge that wasn't convinced of this argument and charged the parents. Maybe things are changing there afterall.

mono
02-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes its a dam shame. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I left my home town of Byron Bay. This sort of thing-assults, bashings, rapes and even murders HAVE and continue to go on in Byron Bay.
Yes murders, a friend of mine was bashed in the head several times with a large rock near the Byron surf club after a party, then they dragged him down onto the beach and continued to bash him and then drowned him! The visitors, apparently, didnt like him because he was gay. This happened about 15yrs ago.
After working the front door of the Byron Bay Services club for ten years, I can tell you Byron is not a safe place to be after dark.
For example there are many rapes and sexual assults every month and this has been going on for many years. The local media wont cover the storys because it might turn people away from coming and in turn the advertisers in the media will not advertise ect.
For example the Rex insident has had buggeral coverage on our local media- if he wasnt a famous person it wouldnt have even got mentioned, its a nightly occurance!
Anyway, I'm over at Brunswick Heads now (10km north) and at least this village doesnt have the problems yet and is like Byron was twenty years ago-friendly.
Cheers

Duyz72
02-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Byron Bay is like the Valley and Gold Coast party strip rolled in to one. Without the highrises and ramped up Police presence.

It is a shame that a knuckle up is only the beginning now days and not the end. If you put someone on their ass, they grab a weapon like a rock, brick, bottle or a knife. If you are able to front up to that and put them on their ass again, where does it stop? They follow you, round up their mates and pull out a gun, attack you and your family. All because their pride was hurt beacaue they copped a flogging.

Maybe that's where the secret is, not enough discipline as kids. Too many boys raised by single women, TV and video games. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but can you really expect a nation of women to teach young boys how to be men?

MIKOS
02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Are you referring to the Hairy Leg Brigade ;D ;D ;D

MIKOS

fishman7
02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
hi
were are the mothers and father of these kids!that right you cant hit your kid anymore.i have 3 boy 10 to 15 i dont let then walk the streets at night and i must know were they are at all times.going back 20 yrs ago the cops would give you a kick up the bum if you did anythink wrong.the way the law is now they cant do anythink.and like you guys have said they go to court and get let off.and they come out knowing that they can do anythink they want and nothink will happen.
cheers

danny

rabbitohbill
02-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes its a dam shame. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I left my home town of Byron Bay. This sort of thing-assults, bashings, rapes and even murders HAVE and continue to go on in Byron Bay.
Yes murders, a friend of mine was bashed in the head several times with a large rock near the Byron surf club after a party, then they dragged him down onto the beach and continued to bash him and then drowned him! The visitors, apparently, didnt like him because he was gay. This happened about 15yrs ago.
After working the front door of the Byron Bay Services club for ten years, I can tell you Byron is not a safe place #to be after dark.
For example there are many rapes and sexual assults every month and this has been going on for many years. The local media wont cover the storys because it might turn people away from coming and in turn the advertisers in the media will not advertise ect.
For example the Rex insident has had buggeral coverage on our local media- if he wasnt a famous person it wouldnt have even got mentioned, its a nightly occurance!
Anyway, I'm over at Brunswick Heads now (10km north) and at least this village doesnt have the problems yet and is like Byron was twenty years ago-friendly.
Cheers

I spent 12 years in Byron before moving to Murwillumbah 4 years ago, for exactly the same reasons Mono. A great place gone bad.
You forgot to mention the child abductions :o

BTW, thanks for the smiling face at the entrance all those years at the pub. My mrs still cant believe how well you get around on that leg. :)

Duyz72
02-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Mikos - lol, no not really. It is just a sad fact that it is quite common for a family to be one which is composed of a divorced mother raising the kids. Without effective male role models, support and guidance (which we call discipline) in their life it is no wonder things go astray.
I acknowledge that mothers (and fathers) do the best they can, most would be shocked and not believe you when they are told that it was their kid which got in to strife!
Most would also likely come from what you would easily call a middle class family, not rich but certainly not on the skids. They would most likely be spoiled rotten without a sense of value for things they have.
Their parents say "But why? We give them everything they want!" but the problem is they don't give them what they NEED!

Kids (especially boys) need to test their limits and rightly so. But without the encouragement and guidance to do so and with limited avenues on their own, such as the bush, parks, climbing trees, jumping over ditches in your bikes, racing home made billy carts down the local hills and many other adventurous/dangerous things, city kids adopt the same risk to their city/urban environment.

By the way, I was raised in a divorced household and my Mum did as best she could. I did a lot of risky stuff as we all did and still probably do. But I know right from wrong and developed a social conscience and social responsibility. Something a few kids now days seem to lack. I reckon the best way to punish a kid is not to flog him but to make him feel bad about (ie guilt) what he did. Nothing like that little sickly in the guts feeling to get you to change your behaviour about something :-[

stubi
02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
one word

Carma

Wouldn't it be nice if we could give Karma a little kick in the a$@ sometimes to speed her up a bit [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

Although, I guess we can, but I think it is called vigilantism (my spelling sucks, sorry) [smiley=oops.gif]

baldyhead
02-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Under the over coat resides a Bioto double barrel with 2 x buck shot. When attacked by these Scum...let them have it and walk away.
"TREAT SHIT LIKE SHIT"
This only has to happen twice...then the Scum won't know who's carrying....solves the problem pronto.
A bit like the movie with Charley Bronson. Anyway thats my opinion....baldy

familyman
02-11-2005, 08:10 PM
If the scum want to try big boys crimes then they should do big boys time. >:(
I have much experience of juvenile prison in nsw and all it takes is a hard line from the authority.
A juvenile justice centre in nsw was taken over by corrective services after many years of inept managment from everyone in juvenile justice who thought kindness and consideration was the key to rehabilitation.
HAH.
Correctives moved in ,filled the pool with dirt ,took away all the playstations and dispensed some discipline.Worked wonders ,now they do what they're told and dont threaten people that come in for any reason like repairs or maintenance.
The law should be changed.If you have a gang mentality and threaten others then the gang should be dealt with regardless of age .If they want there is always room at the club Kariong maximum security hotel ;)
cheers jon

familyman
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Only been to byron once and it was flogging down rain so could not se any of the town ,plus it was 730am so most of byron was probably just going to bed ;)
I used to do a lot of travelling for work to small towns both inland and on the coast .Most people look at you like you've got two heads but i've never felt uncomfortable except in nimbin where I never even got out of the car :-[
What the kids fail to realise is that if it were not for tourism the place would die.So why bite the hand that feeds you?
This is not just byron either .There is a long history of tourists getting beaten up at many beachside towns by locals who want to keep it for themselves.
Make em wear flouro pink t shirts with "mugger" or whatever emblazoned on it while they carry out 'community service'.
cheers jon

bignick
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
The biggest cause of this abhorrant behaviour is the lack of discipline and boundaries. It's apparently open slather to do as you please and there are no apparent consequences. Broken families and non-existent or very poor role models for kids to look up to and, eventually, become. Instead of playing in the park or going fishing or some other such male bonding activity, children (both boys and girls) are just tossed in front of a TV set or a computer and told to amuse themselves. By doing this, we are creating a generation of social retards who cannot interact with other people or the world at large. And kids are told to entertain themselves this way because it's just too hard for parents to put in that extra time, often due to impossible work commitments. We were able to entertain ourselves when I was a kid, and we did a pretty fair job; and that was in the days where kids only had the right to follow the rules set down by their parents. Plus, in those days, kids could play in the streets and the parks without the fear of a drug dealer trying to hook them on Heroin or a Paedophile jumping out of the bushes at them. A sad state of affairs indeed...

Cheers,
NICK.

Angla
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
My childhood was full of Fishing, ferreting, motor bike riding, shooting, climbing trees and heaps more stuff. We had chores to help with milking and a ton of other stuff, Like even emptying the toilet can.
Between 5 kids we were never bored unless it was cold and raining.

Even now I do not like to sit still and I hate the telly for it's mind numbing effect.

Kids use todays society as a scape goat. If only they could get off their butts and find something to do like taking the dog for a walk or riding a bike. My kids even want me to entertain them and I refuse to, to a point.

Kick ass I say. Take that any way you want

Just do it

Good health and a quick recovery to Rex and friends who were set upon

Angla ;) ;)

Volvo
02-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Bignik and Angla , you did those things because you could and were allowed to. AND!! you had a Mom at home to wipe away the tears or blood if you shinned yourself somewhere's..
Or whack ya across the earole if you overstepped the mark or tell your old man who you may have feared a t ad more if ya did step over that magic bounbery lol
Nowadays halfe the places Kids were once allowed to venture , play or Fish are out of bounds due to Workplace Health n safety or whatever n no Moms at home to come and have a cry to cause they is flat out working trying to make up a $$ to help thier old man pay the bills caus ethe cost of living is based on a two familly income most times...
The Mom or Dad in todays society has no power to chastise or give the child a clip behind the earole or keep him/her at home if they think the company the child is keeping is sus..
Yet!! you hear it often stated that "Go the parents for the Childs missdeeds"...
I think we all have part of the blame on our shoulders for the state of the shame or blame of whats happening in society today...
:o :(, okay better head off outa here before the flack starts lol..
Cheers

Burley_Boy
02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Sux bigtime.
They should be made to be responsible for their actions, pay damages and if they can't put them in debt.

squidgiepalmer
03-11-2005, 07:31 AM
One of our reporters from our radio station was there when it happen Rex was inocent party Cliffy run hot dog stand and he seen all recons the parents don't know what there kids are up to and if they did they would never let them out he reconds they were all drunk 14yr and 16yr old kids and itching for a fight but got a little more than they could chew Rex and son and son-inlaw and daughter gave as good as they got,
the Mayor Jan recons this never happens in Byron what a WANK Jan you better go out after dark and see what your town has become i will never go there after dark or for that matter when it is daylight there is even signs warning tourists off not to swim on certian beaches not by shire but by thugs but i would not judge all towns on the North Coast as we are not NIMBIN or BYRON some of us welcom tourists as our towns would not survive with out them as for the wankers that started the fight i hope you get yours as Rex said to the leader of this group i will never forget what you look like and WE WILL SAY HELLO AGAIN be affraid be very affraid as i think Rex might visit again some time
a very pissed of Squidgiepalmer

bignick
03-11-2005, 08:40 AM
There is absolutely no excuse for parents not to know where their 12 and 14 year old kids are at night. All those fun kids activities mentioned earlier (motor bike riding, shooting, ferretting, fishing, etc.) are now considered to be "uncool" by the more fashionable classes about the place. Those activities have been replaced by computers and listening to Madonna and Michael Jackson. We couldn't wait to get home from school so we could go out and play footy or cricket until dinner time; no time for such ridiulous things. There seems to be no spirit of community any more, rather a state of "I, ME, MINE!" And it stems from the very head of our society, our so-called "leaders". All the Politicians are only in the game for what they can get out of it for themselves, and it matters little who they screw over or what they do to society to achieve that goal. It doesn't matter which political party either, as thay all appear to be the same. Their policies and their members seem to have no concept of social justice or responsibility. This then flows down to the business community, which exhibits the same traits. As long as they get what they want for themselves, it doesn't matter what you have to do along the way; ie. the ends justify the means. Greed, graft and corruption is rife at every level and this shows that it is acceptable to do the wrong thing. It's then little wonder that society at large carries on the way it does with no social values or conscience. I'm not touting going out and hugging your fellow man (far from it), I'm just saying that our leaders could take a little bit more of an active role in the building of a society that is just and fair for all. It's not right when the values and moral fibre of society are being flushed down the toilet and further eroded on a daily basis, and all the Pollies want to do is make sure we can't earn a decent wage and have job security, all the while diverting our attention from the current world climate of Terrorism, which will come to our fair shores sooner rather than later. This should be seen as an opportunity for a Government to build a Society that its people should both be proud of and feel safe and secure in. One final point: it is absolutely outrageous that Governments should be even lending an ear to these little Left Wing Hippy focus groups whist there are kids every night out selling their arses on the streets to pay for drug addictions. Sure gives you something to think about...

Cheers,
NICK.

bidkev
03-11-2005, 09:10 AM
<snip>

#I reckon the best way to punish a kid is not to flog him but to make him feel bad about (ie guilt) what he did. #Nothing like that little sickly in the guts feeling to get you to change your behaviour about something #:-[

Agreed Dave, I've never raised my hand to any of my kids and I've had some bad 'uns ;D but the kid's got to have some sort of social conscience in the first place, in order to feel guilt. That's where the problem lies, because it is never fully impressed on these sorts of kids, from an early age, that they *owe* a responsibility to their community and the members of it. That all decent people are valued and should be respected and that includes themselves.

My personal belief is that these sorts of behaviour have their roots in kids not fully respecting *themselves*. If they have no self worth or respect, then they're gonna have absolutely no respect for others. It isn't a new phenomenon, it's just getting bigger, and attracting more attention. I was a street kid like that, back in the 60's.

I was saved from long term lock-up simply by joining the army at 15 whilst on bail. The judge gave me a 2nd (5th ;D) chance saying that he hoped it'd be the making (or breaking) of me. I got the shit kicked out of me in there, but I survived to become a boy sergeant who respected himself and learned to respect others and I saw to it that no other recruits got the shit kicked out of them.

One "heavy" said that I was hiding behind my stripes and that I should take 'em off. Many of the "old school" would've done just that to gain respect but not me. I didn't care if they called me a coward. I told 'em that I had earned those stripes and I wasn't gonna risk losing 'em by mixing it with someone for whom I had absolutely no respect. If he wanted to earn my respect and then call me, then I would consider it. I had achieved and he hadn't and he was an angry kid. That's where it begins......achievement, Many kids have no hopes (or inclination) to achieve because they aren't motivated enough. That kid was nearly two years older than me and went to battalion before me. When I finally got there, (a private 'cause you lose your tapes on becoming a mature soldier and have to start again) he was already a corporal and I thought I was in deep shit ;D He became a good mate and later earned a commission and ended up a Lt-Colonel, way beyond what I hoped to achieve. He said once that he got there because he learned to earn respect by respecting others and that he only learned that because he still wanted to give me a good hiding and couldn't call me unless I respected him ;D

Gone off topic a bit here ;D but what I'm trying to say is respect is everything and self respect is the most important. If the kids aren't taught how to gain self respect in a way that society expects it, then they will try to attain it in other ways ie looking cool in front of their peers and if their peers think it's cool to bash up on some oldie, then we know the result.

I taught Royal Marine cadets for 15 years. Initially, I never thought about what motivated 'em and then I thought as to why a kid would want to spend 2 nights a week in uniform, being screamed at, when they could be with their mates and out on the streets smashing street lamps or graffiting.

I realised it was because they felt like they belonged to a community and didn't feel that way at home. They had a chance to achieve in the cadet community. To be respected and learn to respect others and most of 'em did go on to achieve. Nowadays kids are taught that you must be a ###### to be in uniform. I've said enough and probably bored the arse off you but I sincerely believe that much of our troubles today could be solved by a bigger cadet force and perhaps even attaching 'em to most schools as they once did in the UK. If the parents aren't up to the job, then let the cadet forces do it for 'em. Kids will find their way in there because basically, all kids want to belong, be respected and be respectful to others. It is in their nature to be "social" and belong to a group. They just need to find an appropriate group.

cheers

kev

gogecko
03-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Byron went to the pack a long time ago. If the police wont keep the streets clean, then watch the shopkeepers band together and pay a private security team to sort it out. The commmunity will move quickly to protect profits, even a hippie feral community has to eat.

BY the way, I second the M&G at Byron idea. Bullies only respect one thing - someone stronger than themselves.

JewseeTHAT
03-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Class division.. locals\touro's, is learnt behaviour.Those kids learn their lack of respect from their elders. Having lived near there and shopped there for a while, (until I was robbed by the supermarket putting their prices up 50% in the holidays) I'm inclined to believe it's the environment they grow up in. They're taught to have no respect for authority, whatever your feelings about dope, etc, in a community that actively supports the drug trade the anti-authoritarianism comes thru and these kids respond to it. Mono had the right idea, get the hell away from the mosquitoe infested s*hole and go to Brunswick Heads. Shame about Ocean Shores.... but Brunswick is a pearl!

Louis
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
The bashing of Rex and his family was a sickening and disgusting act.

A sad indictment on our society.

A terrible display of mans inhumanity to man.

And what a terrible state our justice system appears to be in.

It reminds me of the old saying:

"The Law is an Ass"

I wish Rex and his family a speedy recovery.

Louis

Poseidon
03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
A little off topic however along the same thread sorta.......I guess we all saw the footage of the local constabulary on the Gold Coast give that bombed up clown in the shopping centre a good old 'Don't Argue' yesterday. What a pleasure it was to view, here was a threat to society terrorising innocent shoppers in broad daylight and the police did exactly what they should be doing a whole heap more of, battens across the heads of these scum.

Unfortunately the media gave 2 mins after the footage to that "Snivel Liberterian' Terry Ogorman who had the typical response of ' Police Brutality'. What alot of BS Terry. We as a society should be congratulating our Police Officers on a job well done rather than listening to the rantings of ' Loony Liberterians'.

And on the issue of Karma, how sweet is was also to hear of the resident in Melbourne yesterday turn the home invasion around on another low life and introduce him to his weapon of choice and remove another waste of space from this earth. The news just keeps getting better.

More power to Police and another ration of battens across the chin to the trouble makers I say.

Regards Cameron.

Louis
03-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Well put Cameron

I totally agree.

Louis

Jeremy
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
gees mate! jury, judge and executioner. Looked to me like the poor bloke was out of his mind on drugs or something. Typical of the cops to wade in with batons and beat him senseless. He could have killed hundreds with that little bit of broken glass he had in his hand there!

Really though, the police are trained, and 2-3 of them should be able to cope with one guy.

I agree that criminals get off too lightly in most cases, but it ain't up to the cops to dish out the punishment.

Jeremy

Louis
03-11-2005, 12:48 PM
The police needed to disarm him and take him into custody.

Capsicum spray had failed and had served only to make him lash out more.

He was armed with broken glass.

Anyone trying to subdue him bare handed would have wounded up getting badly cut.

Police are just normal people with a little bit of training in restraint techniques---certainly not experienced pugilists or Karate experts

I don't know of any other way in which they could have subdued him.

Louis

MIKOS
03-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Totally agree cam ;)

I saw that and actually for the first time applauded the police ;D

Jeromy
Dont take this personally mate.
But the next time that the police have do defend you they might have to use there water pistols. :) ;)

MIKOS

Poseidon
03-11-2005, 01:12 PM
gees mate! jury, judge and executioner. Looked to me like the poor bloke was out of his mind on drugs or something. Typical of the cops to wade in with batons and beat him senseless. He could have killed hundreds with that little bit of broken glass he had in his hand there!

Really though, the police are trained, and 2-3 of them should be able to cope with one guy.

I agree that criminals get off too lightly in most cases, but it ain't up to the cops to dish out the punishment.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Poor bloke on drugs or something, tiny piece of glass????

What would you have said if this poor bloke had taken to a child in the shopping centre with the piece of glass..... I could here the fence sitters calls already, " Where were the police and why didn't they intervene."

Regards Cameron

gunna
03-11-2005, 02:21 PM
He is lucky he got hit on the head. If it had been Vic police or on Bondi Beach he probably would have been shot dead :o :o :o

Duyz72
03-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Our police are 'encouraged' to use every possible means before even using capsicum spray! When they do even use capsicum spray they have to front up to an enquiry or even worse the slap happy media give it a flog.

Just consider this when making any negative comment on police actions . . . . .

A lot of police in Forgein countries routinely cane or beat offenders (or possible offenders) to get them to disperse or subdue them and many more carry machine guns!

RAGINGBULL
03-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Hee Hee Hee Purge gents purge....
This really good
I feel so much better for reading all this.

########## Sadly ##########

Most people including myself feel this way , however our feelings are not being addressed. Only the vocal few have there say and get laws past which MARGINALISE us
The reason is because our politicians dont have the balls to stand up and make a stand on behalf of us... and tell the vocal few do-gooders to get ^#@%#^$ erd
Maybe this is because they are un-informed......

naaaaa " they are scared of there own carreers at the cost of society "

Mark

bignick
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Police in such a situation as mentioned use whatever means as is reasonably necessary to subdue a threat; junkie off his head and armed is a very real threat to many people in the general area. The offender fails to comply with a lawful directive, and he is controlled quickly and the threat is removed; SIMPLE! No harm done, maybe the junkie will have a sore head when he comes down. It is obvious that those who defend such people and condemn the Police en masse have never been in the position of being threatened by such a person. People like the Terry O'Gormans of this world live a life of priviledge and, as such, are well and truely insulated from such events and will never be in a position to be on the receiving end of such a threat or attack.

Cheers,
NICK.

Darryl
03-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Well if i had to wiegh up this dick&^%d having a sore head and some mum and child walking past being stabbed by him i'm afraid i'm going with the sore head.

Burley_Boy
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Well said Kingtin.

mr_stinker
03-11-2005, 10:00 PM
looks like were all had a gut full,boys im not a hero,and dont pretend to be one.next time i am in a situation like that im gona have a go if i win or lose thats life, i cant except these dickheads getting the better of us,

WHO THE HELL DO THE THINK THE ARE

SHOW TIME

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Well said Kingtin and Bignick! ;) I'd like to see the bastards drafted after a serious offence if they are unemployed etc. >:( Send them over to Iraq and such to learn some bloody respect the hard way. Society is far too soft and lenient and surely by now our authorities must be learning that it just aint working. And Jeremy, if that doped out ######## had have been threatening my wife Sue or our little girl I would have cut his heart out and fed it to the crows. A bash over the head with a baton is bugger all compared to what the drug eating trash deserves.

Back in my box now

Dave

agro
04-11-2005, 07:20 AM
As everyone has said where is the discipline and where is the responsibilty, when these kids are picked up by the cops they go through the court process, they are given a slap on the wrist and told dont do it again which is just a plane waste of time and money. What is really needed is for the upgrade of the judicial system before things may change for the better, a crim is a crim and a thug is a thug and should be dealt with accordingly."BRING BACK THE CANE AND COMPULSORY NATIONAL SERVICE". which will teach our young people some discipline and also a trade for there future. That way there will be no dole bludgers- they would have to work for there money, and it would probably give them some self respect