PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramps

jack_hunter84
28-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Just wondering which is the best boat ramp to put in along pumicestone passage. Was thinking toorbul or ningi. Will be coming from the city.

SeaHunt
28-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Depends on your boat and the conditions at the time and where you are going fishing.
Toorbul is a bit exposed to wind and current. So if your boat is very big it can be a hassle. Also pretty shallow if not right in the channel in front of the ramp. Donnybrook is OK , closer to the top end , bit muddy at low tide.
I nearly always use Spinaker sound near the Bribie bridge now. Sheltered , good sand beside the ramp. Bit of a hike to the upper reaches and creeks from there, but like I said it depends on your Boat, at 55kph I am up there as quick as I can drive anyway.
Can run out of parking spots fairly quickly on a good day, though.

Billo
28-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I use spinnaker ...
damn good ramp ,good parking and facilities , and with the kiosk next to it , easy to get bait / ice and fuel right there with no stuffin around

jack_hunter84
28-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys. I will be using a 5m and be heading up the passage so will probably go for Spinnaker. Is that the one near ningi just before the bribie bridge in the marina?

Any_Weather
28-10-2005, 12:06 PM
yeh mate spinnaker is the go, plenty of sand to pull the boat up on while you park. About 3 cars wide so not as much waiting although it does get VERY busy.

2iar
28-10-2005, 12:35 PM
In the little tinnie, I always used the little ramp at the back of Spinnaker. Much quieter, but you wouldn't want to have a big boat.

Mike

gogecko
28-10-2005, 03:02 PM
The one in front of VMR has lots of sand. 2 lanes wide, and a 3rd lane as well. Has this one been mentioned?
Go over the bridge, turn left, and its a few hundred yards past the pub.

The_Walrus
28-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I generally use Donnybrook but like every where else it gets busy on a good day.

Altough if you get there early, getting a park is no problems.

Never used Spinaker sound ramps as I usually head up towards the middle reaches of the passage.

Luc

strongy
04-11-2005, 09:52 PM
ON a high tide i used to launch a 22ft haines at ningi creek ramp at toorbul , you go down freeman road , very good high tide ramp.

scrub1975
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Spinnaker is definately the go buddy! Just do yourself a favour if the weather is shaping up to be perfect, get there before 4.30am. Can get a bit busy after that.

Cheers Scrub