PDA

View Full Version : Fisheries Officers Wanted

adamleah
06-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Just reading the employment section of the Courier Mail and seen some jobs for a senior fisheries Officers up north paying between $51k & $63k ....

Thought some of you guys may be interested cause I know my missus wouldnt let me go for it !!!!

http://www.afma.gov.au/about/career/vacancies.htm

RobSee
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
I think you will find that with the allowances that you get being an officer in this area, and spending so much time at sea - the annual salary is more like 90K+

sackrash
07-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Your right on the mark there robsee, all of the money you make is in allowances, up north you have to work for your money but hey if it helps prevent the Indons breaching our borders and taking our fish.
I would encourage any one to experience this lifestyle.

ps. I am not a fisheries officer. 8-)

gogecko
07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Do I get to shoot a gun at Indonesian fishing boats? If so, Im in....

SeaHunt
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Do I get to shoot a gun at Indonesian fishing boats? If so, Im in....

Was that at the Indos or their boats, ... are your a good shot? ;D ;D ;D

land-lubber
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
hhmmmmmm
i was thinking about doing sniper school, im a crack shot over 1000yrds with peep sights (no magnification) maybe theyll start a new section for fisheries snipers ;D ;D

RobSee
07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
My Better Half is currently a fisheries officer at the Goldy. She has just been accepted to work as a Customs Officer in the Northen Seas Marine Unit.

She looked at the AFMA jobs, but was not sure that I would be keen to go to Darwin.

bidkev
07-11-2005, 05:16 PM
hhmmmmmm
i was thinking about doing sniper school, im a crack shot over 1000yrds with peep sights (no magnification) maybe theyll start a new section for fisheries snipers #;D ;D

I used to be Junior champion with the 9mm sterling smg (butt folded). Do you think they'd let me get *that* close? ;D

kev

land-lubber
07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
hey kingtin, youd probably get shishkabobed by one of those bamboo skewers befor u got close enough ;D ;D