PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

PinHead
12-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Only 44 days to Christmas..everyone got their fishing/boating/holiday plans sorted out ?

For me...not staying home this Xmas day...heading out on the water somewhere..just the wife and I..kids have arrangements with their outlaws for this year...home is the last place I want to be this Xmas...having Xmas lunch at Couran Cove then going to drop the pick somewhere and do nothing...so if you see the boat out there drop in for a cold one...should have plenty on board.

MY-TopEnder
12-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Hows is the boat going Greg?

Personally, i'll be around for xmas with the family then loading the surf and heading for DI on boxing day through till the 2nd.

philip_thomson
12-11-2005, 08:53 AM
well im working christmas eve ;) and then christmas day ill be eating alot of pork hopefully (or hoo on the spit ;D)

then boxing day im working :D.

mmmmmm all the money i be making.

petelaska
12-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll be at Moreton for 2 weeks before xmass. Yahoo
Then the missus wants us to be home for xmass day
then a week or so at Awoonga (if I behave myself).
Pete

Mad_fisherman
12-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Well where to start we are moving to brisbane on monday, boat get's there friday, we have 3 months off so we are going to splash round the bay a bit then head to the sunny coast and hit around there for a while and try our luck at double island point also want to try murphy's but i do not think the miss is real keen anyone know the area and want to go for a fish???? (PM me) then we are going to hit curtis island and surrounding areas ie ambrose narrows etc. (MUDDIES for chrissy lunch and prawns) leading up to chrissy. From there doing chrissy morning in Ambrose with the in-laws and then hitting the goldy for chrissy with the oldies. From there is to far away we plan to pretty much Fish till we drop till Jan 29th the day before work. So if anyone has any tips or any idea's or any good spots to go for a fish or camp etc flick us a pm and we will hook up and get amongest a few.

Cheers MAD!

We fish both inside and outside. I really want to get into some wahoo,macks those big snapper Mackmauler gets into etc oh and some of his Cobes.... So if anyone has any ideas or wants to get out there pm away. ;D

bidkev
12-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Don't even have the deckie's shifts yet so there's no telling what we'll be doing.

I'm still having one helluva job trying to convince one of the young uns that we'll be alright camping. He still can't forget the storms last boxing day when we got written off and then to get home and see the Tsunami on the news has simply buggered any chance of him settling down to camping again. I'll keep working on him though.

Its bad enough finding a pipe and a pair of slippers in the Whittley but now he wants me to go for a Jayco as well..........probably find a zimmer frame in that ;D My deckie take the piss out of me?.......never! ;) ;D

kev

Zeeke
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Ill be working on cancelling Xmas... its a crap holiday.. i hate it

Tim

bevnarch
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
planning a seafood platter out on the bay with the family for chrissy lunch then fish the afternoon away ........arch :) :) :)

Dug
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm with Tim, Christmas Bah Humbug. >:(

I'll be doing Scrooge and Grinch impersonations.

I may spend some time in shopping centers popping kids balloons with a pin.

Seriously we are having a pile of people who don't have close family over for lunch. then see what happens probably the pool and some more booze and a quiet nap.

Bill_Klein
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
DI for me campin hopin to be there 2 weeks before for a site then sit back and catch chinese fish and drink plenty of amber fluid

bidkev
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Have a nephew (in - law) who teaches water sports based on the Isle of Wight UK. Just got a phone call that he's been posted to Mooloolaba where the parent company runs a water sports centre and he's coming to see me tomorrow (Sunday). He's got a 6 month visa but has 2 weeks off at Xmas.....................that's me buggered! What's the saying? ........"You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family"......Nah, I'm being flippant, it'll be nice to have some whingeing pomms around at Xmas, he can help me peel prawns instead of stuffing turkeys...........and no, when it comes to stuffing I mean putting bread crumbs into *dead* turkeys ;D;D

cheers

kev

Jeeeeeeeez, he won't be checking on my boating skills will he? :o

major-defect
13-11-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm going to Brighton in Brisvegas for xmas. I suppose the kids have got to see there rellies sometimes I'm not that keen on the idea myself.So we'll only be spending a few days there,long enough to take the girls to some of the theme parks down and xmas day with everyone. Then spend a couple of weeks wandering back stopping of here and there on the way.

Brenno
14-11-2005, 11:20 AM
i'm heading up to Burrum heads. with the GF and sister coming along.

Brother and i took at mates boat on the weekend for a test run, on Saturday and it looks the goods, all we are waiting for is a compressiono test and we'll start laying down some money on it. if we haven't got it paid up by xmas, i'm allowed to borrow it for that week.

so i'll be fishing everyday, and loving it. :)

Billo
14-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I will be heading for Sydney to have chrissy with the family
I feel a bit of rock hopping coming on !! 8-)

gunna
14-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Looks like I might be moving from Sydney to the Sunny Coast around then. Hows that for a xmas present [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Pwoida
14-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I've got most of december set aside for fishing, so I'll be looking for deckies as I plan to be out at least every second day. The last week of december I've got to myself as the wife heads for cairns, so I'll be fishing every day in that last week. Then its off to LA, Las Vegas & Mexico on a business junket in january. Looking forward to those coronas!

Dug
14-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Welcome to god's own country Gunna, give us a shout when you get here :)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
14-11-2005, 06:01 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh six weeks holidays
there is not a fish that should feel safe between the border & Double Is.
I've been a busy boy this year and the boat and rods have been sadly neglected.

up till Xmas hitting the bay & beaches of North Straddie then hunting the run of blues, woos & jews off Noosa after the new years hangover subsides.

chris

gunna
14-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Welcome to god's own country Gunna, give us a shout when you get here :)

Thanks Dug. Its welcome back to God's country. Only taken me 35 years ;D ;D. Will let you know when I arrive.

shorty_04
15-11-2005, 04:53 PM
sounds good :) cauron cove is a heaps nice place to have lunch but its not cheep. i might be going down to strady for new years with some of my family if im not working :-?

cheers davo

PinHead
15-11-2005, 06:00 PM
sounds good #:) cauron cove is a heaps nice place to have lunch but its not cheep. i might be going down to strady for new years with some of my family if im not working :-?

cheers davo

stuff the money..once a year thing is Xmas..about $175 for the 2 of us..food and drinks included.

DNO40
15-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Will be spending two weeks on Russell Island from 26th. If your abouts give us a holler.

4.75 hornet with Ausfish stickers and name - KISS MY AFT in fire engine red.

DNO

The_Walrus
15-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Starting a month's holiday on Xmas eve.

All my fishing will be on weekdays, no weekend fishing :D

Will be doing the family thing on xmas day (my side) and on boxing day (wife's side).

Generally, don't care much for xmas as it has degenerated into a big spendfest.

Luc

revs57
16-11-2005, 05:48 AM
We'll be heading down to Minnie Water for a month starting 17th Dec, back to Brisvegus for a christmas lunch we are throwing at the community centre for locals who have nowhere else to go (spit roasted Lamb, Beef and chicken yummo) then back to Minnie after.

So if there are any ausfishers out there without anywhere to go for Christmas Lunch you are welcome to join us for a free feed at CarewerX 5/4 Croydon Rd Woodridge...lunch is free, but sorry..no alcohol...we don't have a liscence, you can come back to my place after its all said and done for a few coldies and a good session of lies ;D ;D ;D...

Cheers

Rhys

Black_Rat
16-11-2005, 07:05 AM
With 4 weeks off there would definately be some good days amogst that period for chasing pelagics in the bay #:) Probably do a camp out for a few nights down at the Pin as well and i'll be up Bargara way for 4 nights over New Years so should be able to find a spot to fish hopefully #:-/