PDA

View Full Version : Boat Washing Rage

Streaker
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Well this could be a first. On Saturday I was washing my boat while adhereing to all the current rules re:- Level 2 restrictions when I was verbally abused and almost set upon by 2 gutless thugs. The 2 rather large thugs challenged me to accomodate them in what I'm sure would of been a very even duel of fisty cuffs. Those that would know me would be aware that I would stick up for my rights and would normally be prepared to defend myself if the situation arises. But there are times to be a hero and times to fight another day. After intervention by the boys in Blue I was offered a half hearted sorry by the fools.
the question is would they have said anything if I was not alone at the time or would their true cowardise colors shone through.
STILL ALIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY WAYNE

camsharkman
07-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Good on ya Streaker. Don't let those nasty thugs get one over you mate 8-)
I've seen this sort of thing happen hundreds of times when I was in NSW.

gunna
07-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Was that at your home or at a ramp ???

Hookem_Herby
07-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah tell us more Wayne!!! :-? :o
Love a good biff story ;D

Herby

Streaker
07-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Gunna
In my driveway at home

Herby what the.... :P

Mad_fisherman
07-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Gee There is some real tossers around sorry to hear that mate how ever due to there hero status no doubt there the type that would return once again when you were alone i say buy a bat place it near the front door

I am not one to agree to volience but one should be able to defend there home goes to show there are some total (insert gutloads of words here)

Mate be Safe

MAD!

-spiro-
07-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Wayne you know my number 8-) It only takes me 10mins to get there... ;Dthere are d___heads amoung us you know!

gunna
07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Just out of interest - what do the restrictions allow ?? #

Down here we are only allowed to flush motor and wash trailer. #I use a brush attachment on the hose to wash the trailer & every time the coast is clear give the boat a bit of a going over. #Amazing how long it takes to wash the trailer #;D. #But I am simply not going to leave all the salt on - not to mention the grime and oil from some of the Sydney waterways.

bidkev
07-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Wayne. Yeah, I've had some funny looks when I've been washing the boat. I don't think the wankers care about the water situation, it's just that they are likely jealous that you can even own a boat, let alone afford to run it.

kev

Touchy - R.I.P.
07-11-2005, 09:32 AM
OK,Now Wayne NEXT time I tell ya' to come 'round & wash my boat first you will bl**dy well listen ::) 8-) 8-). Touchy.><>

dazza
07-11-2005, 09:35 AM
hi wayne,
sorry to hear about your run in.

only solution
waterpistols at dawn, fill yours up with battery acid, should settle the dispute ;) ;)
cheers
dazza

JB
07-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Whats the bloody go with that! In your own driveway... :o . That sucks the big one, i dont blame you for giving it bak to them ;) . Setup a sting next time, have a few mates hiding untill the culprets show up :P

JB

Streaker
07-11-2005, 09:56 AM
The son who has more black belts than the guest at an Italian wedding is more that prepared to step in for his OLD DAD but should he of been there I can assure you it would of been a different titled topic that you would be reading.
The mackeral supressor was out of reach and as NO_Luck can attest to my sharp filleting knives were out of reach.
Gunna- you can wash your boat or car anytime as long as you are using the correct nozzle on your hose. It was not as if I was wasting water I was going as fast as I could, and the boat had not been washed for 3 months.
Herby- the first paragraph. I reckon that they are the type that would have little to say if Iwasn't alone at the time, the wife couldn't even back me she was out spending money

Gbanger
07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
i do feel guilty hosing my boat down after a day out, and it also takes too long..

i bought one of those $68 GMC guerneys (sp?) pressure hoses from bunnings...

works an absolute treat, makes cleaning 2 times easier... it has a trigger so complies with the council laws..

if you dont own one and want to spend 70 bucks on your boat... get one of them theyre good

banshee
07-11-2005, 12:18 PM
When we get water restrictions here it's no washing cars, no washing boats,no flushing motors,all the taps dissapear from ramps and the council employ people to catch offenders and issue fines,but in it's wisdom the council can see no problem with people filling up new pools or toping up existing ones.I can't work that one out.

theoldlegend
07-11-2005, 01:06 PM
That's pretty crook Streaker, that you should have to put up with that type of violence.

A neighbour down the street had a shot at me when I was washing the car one afternoon, and it wasn't until I showed her where she was wrong that she was prepared to admit her mistake. She thought I could only wash it on my even numbered days, but I can do it anytime if I have the correct hoze nozzle.

Haven't copped any violence though: it could be a jealousy thing maybe because you've got a boat and they haven't. Wamkers !!

TOL

Poseidon
07-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I can recall not that long ago when you paid a set amount to the local council to access the water supply and part of this was complying with the restrictions that were set in place regarding times to water etc.

Then the councils learnt very quickly that there were millions to be made under a new user pays system and out went any restrictions, the more you used the happier the council were, they could divert these millions to whatever progams they wished, not too much went back into water infrastructure it seems.

Then in came this new round of restrictions and it wasn't too long before the councils started screaming about the lost revenue from the water conservation measures that we all are adhering to. How are they going to make up this shortfall....stay tuned to your next rates explanation would be my bet.

The water restrictions then turned average citizens into ' Water Nazis' with bands of vigilantes roaming the streets and dishing out 'local justice' to any neighbour without the correct nozzle on their hose. It seems Streaker fell foul with a pair of these Neanderthals masquerading as Bible Bashers on their Sunday Rounds.

And yes it will rain again, the dam levels will rise and the sky won't fall in.

Perhaps someone in power can redirect the millions that council are profiteering from and put into an adequate water supply that will suit the lifestyle and the evironment that we are meant to enjoy.

Sorry for the rant.

Regards Cameron.

MIKOS
07-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey Streaker,

Its amazing how much people think they can approach other people like that and even come into you own yard :o
Tell em to F off and mind there own business and if they dont crack em over the head with the brass end of the hose mate ;D.At the end of the day it sound like they were a couple of smart a$$es that if they didnt get a tidy up from you they will certainly find it from somewhere else.Definatly a jelousy thing.Life goes on. ;) :)

MIKOS

SeaHunt
07-11-2005, 02:23 PM
It just goes to show you how successful all the brainwashing on TV etc. has been. :P
These people who take upholding the law into their own hands are the same people who turn and walk the other way when someone is getting beaten up or raped. Professional do gooders , just unsighted when they really could do some good..

20 years ago something like that would be unheard of, whatever happened to minding your own business. :-?
I wash my boat out the front of the house and take as long as I need to do the job properly. If anyone says anything I advise them to follow the correct procedure and make a formal complaint to the council.
Never heard anything back, probably because I am not breaking any bylaws.

One of my favourite quotes is.......
"There is not a water shortage, just a dam shortage"

Which is caused by a lack of planning by the same people who fine you if you don't follow their restrictions. :'(

Sportfish_5
07-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Wayne - That is not bloody good at all. Smartar$es who dont even know the restriction rules. Were these guys just walking past, just happened to be driving past or neighbours ?

Cheers

Greg

el_carpo
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Makes you wish you owned a disintegration raygun don't it? ;D

Well, you got out of it with no wounds and no damage to your boat so at least there's that. I know it's a gut-twister but it could have been worse. With luck, the "Numbskull Twins" will get over themselves and leave you alone. Best wishes from someone whose been there a few times too.

P.S. ;)

If they do come back, just make sure you shoot them with silver bullets. You can clame a temporary insanity defense. "Sorry, your honor, I thought they were were-wolves." :-? I'm no lawyer so I can't be sure if that would stand up in court or not but until that disintegration raygun gets made, it's the best I can come up with.

Thought you could use a laugh after having such a "fun" encounter. Hope it worked.

E.C.

tincanpeter
07-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Not so long ago (from an oldy point of view) or so it seems that you paid for the water in your rates and sprinklers were not allowed, only hand held hoseing. That was pre trickle systems and suprisingly there were no concerns everyone still had their gardens and I still had to wash and polish Dad's car. Now it big money to the council's just ask the sunshine coast councils.

Az
07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
i bet the same fools aren't so water concious in their own homes!

glad to hear it didn't come to blows!

gogecko
07-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Its a difficult situation when its 2 on 1. The best tactic is to tell them youll fight one of them, but only if the other one is far enough away to assure you of not jumping in- like at least 2 blocks away and definitely outa sight.

They will rarely agree to that.
Divide and conquer.

Its sounds like you need to keep a weapon handy, if you live in that type of neighborhood. Gutless wonders do come back to the scene of the crime when they get a bellyful of dutch courage.

SeaHunt
07-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Its sounds like you need to keep a weapon handy, if you live in that type of neighborhood. .

I got one pretty handy,.... 60kg of bandog. [smiley=veryangry.gif]
First thing I would do is let him out.
I would trust him with a toddler , but if anyone came at me that would be a different story.

Louis
07-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear of this unfortunate incident Streaker.

It is unfortunate that we live in a society where some people are so anti-social.

Louis

Rainbowrunner
08-11-2005, 12:18 AM
I will still flush my motor and wash the salt of the boat and trailer(particular attention to bearings and rollers)with a triggerhose $3 from a warehouse.
Lookout anyone(including the council inspectors) who defies the logic:- is a fine worth more than a engine rebuild/new trailer? Wake up.
I dont think I would hava problem anyway as the gardens in my neighbourhood are not exactly made up of desert plants but well maintained. ::)

cooky
08-11-2005, 12:04 PM
I've been using those SUPERWASH type stations lately - quick and easy - only costs about $5 to clean the boat and about 10 minutes.

However I have been waiting for someone to have a go at me while flushing motor, washing driveway, or similar. Hasn't happened as yet, however my yard is only 400m2 and almost all neighbours are around double that +. Seems to be a fair bit of green in their grass too.

I haven't washed my cars in about 3 months either (not through water restrictions).

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Wayne, Sue and I are sorry to hear of your disturbing experience. Sometimes the worse thing anyone can do is to meet violence with violence. That is for the Police and the Armed Forces, but protecting yourself in defence is obviously a very different matter. My concern now would be for Streaker. Is she secure and protected from any sort of cowardly vengeance?? Hope all works out well Wayne and that you are not subjected to this sort of bullsh!t again.

Cheers mate
Dave and Sue

Duyz72
10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear it happens at all, let alone right at your own home. Glad to hear they saw the error they made, especially pointed out by the boys in blue. I hope they went home with their tails between their legs.

Someone has to stay sane in these mixed up times.

Needmorerum
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear the story Wayne. You don't need this sort of thing anytime.

As it was at your home, do they live near by, have you seen them before around the street, or have they dropped in from somewhere else. At least if they're close, you can keep an eye on them.

Cheers
Corry

DNO40
11-11-2005, 05:12 AM
What is the world coming to ?

DNO

dadadeda
15-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Wayne I finally got online. Did this incident happen the day we went out?

Dave.

Streaker
16-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Dave
Welcome to the site, yes about 15min after you left. keep your eye on the going fishing thread.
Wayne

dadadeda
16-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I feel a bit guilty for not being there. Just for future reference dont hesitate in calling me. By the way they wouldln`t be 4wd finatics testing cars would they?

cuzzamundi
16-11-2005, 08:10 PM
GDAY STREAKER,

YOU DID THE BEST THING possible - tmore guts to walk away! it really does. take it from a young bloke who finds this very hard to do. the legals that follow a blue these days are just too unfair to bother. i recently 'restrained' an intuder in mums home at 330 one morning, and was told had i really opened up on him i woulda gone straight to the pen. can you believe that? woulda been excessive force cos he didnt have a weapon. tell your son to make sure nobody knows his fighting experience if he blues - they really cane instructors for bluing. i instruct kung fu, and if i ever blue anymore it's basically gotta be life or death or i get chucked in the sh2thouse for excessive force, thats if i were to win and open up on him of course. but yeah, if your son's registered with the IFAA as an instructor then try gethim to stay clear - it just aint worth it. my mate who i train got into a stink about a year ago in a pub. he was set on by three heroes, one of which glassed him in the arm and came at him with the broken glass. luckily, and i mean luckily, my mate got in on em. the final tally was two broken jaws, busted rib aand a broken kneecap. fair game, right? he escaped with 14 stitches. BUT, he got taken to court for excessive force and was given good behaviour! can you believe that? but thats the way this hero mollycoddling legal system of ours works these days. no such thing as a fair fight anymore. so yeah, in short, lol, you did exactly the right thing. you got too much good stuff in your life to risk losing it on some boffins, so good onya!!!

cheers,

cuzza