PDA

View Full Version : HINCHINBROOK TRIP HELP

britfish
21-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Hey hope some of you might be able to help.

I'm planning a 10 day fishing trip in Hinchinbrook in early January with a freind of mine. We're both relatively accomplished fisherman though neither of us have fished the Hinchinbrook area before. I'm a fly angler and my freind is a lure fisherman. We are planning to take a local guide for a few days at the start of the trip and to then do the rest on our own.

Having researched this for a while we are just havingh a nightmare finding anywhere to rent an appropriate boat (4m+ with 30hp+)from, be it from Townsville and driving it up or be it from anywhere in the Hinchinbrook area.

Can anybody help, be it pointing us in the right direction of an appropriate charter company or be it privately chartering to us? We are both x-professional yachtsmen with plenty of powerboat handling experience and tidal nav. experience.

Alternatively has anybody got any recommendations on how we can do this trip successfully and remain in budget.

Thanks

boyzie
21-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Your best bet would be to look for a place in Ingham whether it be a motel or hostel there are pleanty in the main street. there a heaps of boat ramps less than 20 minutes from the main street of ingham which will put you up the channel. great spot to fish hope you enjoy

HORTO
21-11-2005, 09:06 AM
hey britfish, when will you be there. i'm going to be there from the 20th-27th,
got a house boat booked. pm me if your going to be there then might be able to meet up. was having the same problem with a boat.

try these gusy there prices don't look to bad. http://www.meteorrentals.com.au think it was $90 for 7 days.

cheers Horto

budge
21-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey mate, you could try Steve Jeston from hyperspace charters, he has alot of experience in the area and will accomodate both your lure and fly needs, im pretty sure his number is 4725 5258. As for accomodation i stay at the seymour hotel when i go to hinchinbrook, my uncle normally books this so i dont have the number sorry, steve stays there so id say he could help you out. They are priced well and the price includes a good packed lunch, also they are very accomodating to a fishermans' needs with respect to early morning breakfasts etc. As for the boat i cant help you with that but id say either the couple from the hotel or steve would more than likely have some ideas to help you out.

britfish
21-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all your help guys.

Boy-z - The problem isn't so much where to stay but where to aget a decent boat from, we'll look into Ingham though thanks for the help.

Horto - sorry, there from the 1st to the 12th Jan, looks like we'll miss each other, i'll let you know how the fishing was after the trip. I'll check out Meteor Rentals, is that where your hiring a boat from?

Budge - I've found Steve Jestons details and will get in touch with him.