PDA

View Full Version : Whats Biting at Shorncliffe ?????

Fishing^Girl
26-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi i am wanting to take my family out fishing tonight on the shorncliffe pier, Could anyone let me know whats biting at the moment or a web site i can go to that may be able to tell me.... I am wanting to do some squiding my self, but the rest of the family want to just fish for what ever....
Cheers # :-*

Lucky_Phill
26-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Not too sure if you'll get a reply by the time you want to go out tonight.

Probably best to make plans a couple of days before a trip is undertaken. But, I hope someone can help you out. Obviously, this time of year lends itself to Summer Whiting, which should be on the chew there, so some blood worms ( or other types ) will be the best bait option. Squiding can be a rewarding exercise, and good to see someone interested in doing so.

Would be good to see a report from you, regardless of the outcome.

Cheers Phill

Fishing^Girl
27-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi, well we went out the shorncliffe pier for hours, we had heaps of bites, but no catch OH except HaHa a horrid looking stonefish Ewwww they are ugly looking things, some guy kept it to put in a jar as was the biggest he had seen. The thing nearly swallowed my new lure.... Grrrrr but lucky was able to release it with pliars....
Well Cheers....

Fishing^Girl
27-11-2005, 10:22 AM
just another pic of the ugly thang ::)

caught-ya
27-11-2005, 10:43 AM
You should get some good flathead there this time of year too.
I didnt think stonefish would move far enough to chase a lure.
They sure are ugly :o

fishingnottake
27-11-2005, 04:59 PM
the stonefish wouldn;t of moved, it would of sucked the lure in as it went past.

Lucky_Phill
27-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Better luck next time.

Have you done a reckie of the area and looked for holes, drains etc at low tide ?

Phill