PDA

View Full Version : jap sub m24

INDULGENCE
29-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Did you catch the doco last night on the midget Jap submarine, this is the sub from the Sydney Harbour attack back in 1942.Whilst it was a bit over the top with talk the way they tried to check to location I found interesting.
This location is very close to a favourite jew spot (another SPOT X) of mine. They had a marine something ologist talking about tidal flows in Broken Bay and how they form eddies drawing three large expanses of water together.They even had footage of the bait schools circling the mark.
If you apply this theory to estuaries along the coast it may help to find more Spot X 's.
The suggestion was that the sub entered Broken Bay under its own power. The 2 guys on board then died and the sub tossed around on the tidal flows for about 2 months before settling at the bottom of a vortex caused by the tidal flow
The suspect Sub is laying in 20m of water that is so accessable that the local ferry service runs across the mark. As its a war grave it will be interesting to see how many dive on it.
There will now be lengthy debate amongst the boffins about lifting it or leaving it alone.
The guy who identified the sub from sonar would make a great deckie.
Should try and catch it if you missed the show

Wally

thumps
29-11-2005, 08:01 AM
they found it:d

great...but i say leave it alone as a war grave

respect for those that gave for their countries