PDA

View Full Version : Rockhampton noob

Whats_a_fish
19-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi guys i'm moving to rockhampton after christmas to qiut my job and go fishing. Has anyone got and sugestions on what to go after and were.

juicyfruit
19-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Move elsewhere ;D ;D ;D ;D

For me Rocky is too far from the coast. Apx 30kms drive to and from a boat ramp is too much for me, certainly after a full days (weekend) fishing.

Whats_a_fish
19-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Well it's a lot closer then charters towers and i got no relations there which is a good thing.

DNO40
20-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Whats_a_fish,

There are a few Rockhampton Ausfish members that I'm sure can shed some light on your Question.

Personally have only fished the Fitzroy and Cooramon Creek in that area.

DNO

bay_firey
20-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Whats_a_Fish

There are many options when in Rocky
The Fitzroy produces many good fish - Blue and King Salmon, Barra, Grunter, Estuary Cod, along with the bread and butter species.

If you make the journey to Yeppoon you have all the reef species on offer with good catches on the close reefs or head way outside your call.

Cooraman creek - Emu Park has plenty to offer also

Depending on what you are wanting to do you don't have to travel 30km to a boat ramp. Yes if you want the open ocean you will have to.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
20-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Ditto to Bay Firey!

Cheers
Dave

Graham_N_Roberts
21-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Welcome to Rocky Whats_a_fish.

Apart from the Fitzroy, Yeppoon, Emu Park etc ... close by there's Gladstone, Awonga Dam, The Dawson River, Callide Dam, Farbairn Dam and all between.

You'll have a ball.

Leece
29-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi I'm Rockhampton and looking for someone to go out fishing with. Has been a while and would love to get back on the water..Used to fish out around the Keppels.