PDA

View Full Version : Orchid Beach Accommodation - any suggestions?

dartman
29-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi guys

Just looking for a house to rent at Orchid beach in july/august next year. We have been staying in a "The Moth" for the last few years but they have upped the rent so much that it is no longer a viable option for us plebs. Does anyone know of another good house up there that would comfortably accommodate 12 men, has good fridge and freezer space and room for 3 4wd's and 2 trailers. I was thinking maybe Orchid Sands or La Sabbia but haven't been in them myself. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dartman

thumps
29-11-2005, 10:40 AM
maybe which Orchid Beach..would help

there are a few of them

juicyfruit
29-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm guessing you are referring to Orchid beach Fraser Island????

Perhaps a google search may help???

Sorry I don't know of any accomodation down that way or any mates/rellies living there that can help ya out in getting you what you want..........best of luck

Juicyfruit

dartman
29-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry guys, yep meant Orchid Beach Fraser Island - Google thows up a few but not many that sleep 12.

juicyfruit
29-11-2005, 11:10 AM
http://www.elizaone.com.au/

says it sleeps 12

ANYFISH
29-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Gday mate
we stayed in an absolute cracker when we were up there. "grand view"and it had parking for four 4wd and a jet ski and a big spare block beside it for my boat... it was great with views of every where. it had a fridge and freeser downstairs and a freeser in the downstairs part of the upper storey. it also had a huge fridge\freeser upstairs. There was two double bunks with single above and a futong thing downstairs and about 4 bedrooms upstairs( my mates oldies and familys were up stairs so we spent much of our time downstairs keeping watch on the rum ;D ;D)

the driveway was a bit steep but bloddy hell we need 4wd on fraser and the view made up for it.

We also had a look at one for next year. it had just been built and was a bit cheaper p.m me for the name or any other info

cheers
anyfish

ANYFISH
29-11-2005, 11:10 PM
I just had a look at www.fraserislandrentals.com and the place where i stayed was the driveway oppisite and up the road about 10m from where you stayed. i reckon they only give the bed figures on the top storey.
we went over and had some beers with some blokes that were staying at the moth (and having a loud party) and i reckon the view was a bit better at grand view.

dartman
30-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks Anyfish

I've just got to make a few more posts before I can PM you. I think I know the house you're talking about, I checked it out on Ken & Kays web site as well (www.fraserislandrentals.com). I 've left a message for Kay to call me to see what they would recommend as well.

Cheers
Dartman