PDA

View Full Version : Redland Bay Secure Carparks!!

madman1
29-11-2005, 01:05 PM
A mate of mine lives on Russell Island and wants to get on the turps and go fishin on HALF TANKED. Problem is I am too tight to pay to get the car and boat over there via the barge. He lives on the water with direct access to the boat.

Here comes the question!

Is there anywhere down that side of town that provides secure overnight parking facilities. If so, how much am I up for? It would have to be cheaper than the barge!

All info appreciated.

Any fishin spots would also go down a treat.

Cheers

Mark :)

Black_Rat
29-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Try Horizon Shores Marina #;)

http://www.horizonshores.com.au/

Kingtin should be able to shed some more light on costs :)

madman1
29-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Just called Horizon Shores. $10/ night boom gated security. No security guards. Better than nothing.

I will be taking pad locks and chains me thinks!!!

GES
29-11-2005, 02:40 PM
madman1

A good bolt cutter will cut an ordinary chain off a trailer in a few seconds.

Mate, get one of those trailer lock things (see advertisement on this site). They lock the trailer onto your car and it would take a fair bit of time, determination and tooling-up, to cut the thing off.
Unless you've got a gold-plated #trailer that might justify the extra effort, I reckon any thief would give yours a miss and go for one that is quicker and easier to pinch.

GES

madman1
30-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Just found out there are security patrols around the trailer park on a regular basis. Puts my mind at a little more ease!!!

$10 for the first 24 hours then $5 per day thereafter. For those who are interested.

Cheers