PDA

View Full Version : big sharks

bdowdy
28-11-2005, 08:17 PM
:)hi everyone ive just got back from the gold coast and fished up near jumpinpin and caught afew nice flatties on plastics, but took the rug rats and missis to seaworld :o it was awesome ,shark bay was great there was so many different fish could have sat there all day just watching the sharks and barra and theres just too many fish to say but its the biggest amount of fish species that ive seen in one aqarium, told the fam that the fish look big through there underwater veiwing because of the glass but was :o to see actuaally how huge these sharks and fish are. any how its worth a look if your down at the goldie. bdowdy ;) :) :) :) :)

Needmorerum
28-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Have they cleaned the place up at all yet. We were there in January and I found the place a mess. There was more rubbish in the waters then I care to remember. I gaurenteed that I wouldn't return after that.
I hope it is alot cleaner, the educational benefits of the place are great for both kids and adults.

Cheers
Corry

cuzzamundi
28-11-2005, 09:16 PM
yeah corry i saw the same a while back - hope they got their act into gear!

cuzza

fishingnottake
28-11-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah they're on top of that, was just while it was still under construction i think.

ssbayguide
29-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I was at Sea World (for the first time in about 30 years) in May. The tank was great - especially the two dolphin fish.

I did have one of those shop-a-docket vouchers and in retrospect I'm glad. For me, the rides etc. aren't appreciated. Not keen on $60 admission fee but I thought $40 was good value.

Peter

Billo
29-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm not big on the idea of captive sharks of the calibre of the tigers ...they don't do to well .
I think they are getting better at caring for them and knowing how to keep them in captivity , but they have had a few close scares

bdowdy
29-11-2005, 06:41 PM
:)yes they have the place spotless,and yes it did cost about 200 dollars for my family but i really enjoyed the place, remembering that they do have to feed all these fish, dolphins ,seals and with workers its worth the money. bdowdy ;D

BlitzBaga
29-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Great place, like you said bdowdy you could sit at shark bay for half the day, it's amazing.

Cheers
Murray

bdowdy
30-11-2005, 08:31 PM
:)sure could murray i think i went back there at least 5 times and met the missis and kids there while they did other things. its awesome watching so many species. bdowdy. ;D ;D