PDA

View Full Version : How accurate is Seabreeze?

2iar
30-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi,

I've only recently started looking at this site.

What's the general opinion on how accurate it is in the long and short term, for wind strength/direction and swell?

I realise that we're dealing with the unpredictable here, just wanted to know what it's strike-rate has been in the past...

Good luck,
Mike

Billo
30-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Basic rules ...the further out the forecast , the higher the risk that it will be off .

If troughs are involved , changes can be dramatic

normally a 48 hr outlook is fairly good ....i use a mixture between buoyweather , Bom and seabreeze ...if they are all showing the same you can assume it is fairly accurate , however if they are all over the place...it is a fair bet one of them is wrong #;D ;D ;D

I find Buoyweather as being the most accurate at the longer term forecasts , Seabreeze at the short term ..Bom ...well they are BOM

gropeher
30-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I find sea breeze is over 90% accurate when only a day or 2 out for wind direction.
I find Buoy to be the same with wind and accurate with swell.
I donot however use sea breeze for swell as i find it is not accurate enough, I therefore use either buoy weather or BOM which i find more accurate for the swell.

Cheers Ryan..

Y-Not
30-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I have found it to be fairly accurate for bay use from 3-4 days out but the wider you go the shorter the accuracy becomes :-/

bigmack
30-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Guys - can you post the link to buoy weather please.

tx

Tony_N
30-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Could someone help a dummy access seabreeze's predictions for northern NSW?
I can find todays wind etc graphs - but not the predictions.

Tony

Tony_N
30-11-2005, 04:28 PM

tx

bigmac Evans Head is

http://buoyweather.com/wxnav.jsp?region=AE&program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&latitude=-29.0&longitude=153.75&zone=10&units=e

I think if you start at buoyweather.com you should be able to find your nearest buoy from there

Tony

DaneCross
30-11-2005, 04:38 PM

tx
Choose your nearest buoy from here http://buoyweather.com/wxnav.jsp?region=AE&program=Maps (presuming you're a Qld'er)

bushbeachboy
30-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I usually use a combo of Buoyweather and BOM. I usually have a Plan B in mind because they are both guessing a fair bit. That saves missing out on a day's fishing just because the weather is a bit off.

DougHanning
30-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I subscribe to bouyweather and we will finalize trips up North according to their prediction. The BOM change their forecasts from one hour to the next. Bouyweather is on the money 90% of the time and if they are not its only a little bit out in wind strength. The BOM I have found to regularly get the direction off.

Spaniard_King
30-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I too go by Bouyweather.

I havent subscribed but I have a friend who did subscribe and i get him to email me the 7 day forecasts when I need them ;D

Garry

scuttlebutt
30-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm hoping Seabreeze has got it right. Real nice spell coming up just after the reef closure and got a couple days off work! Getting twitchy just thinking about it!

cheers,

steve

ps: seabreeze is usually pretty close with their predictions

Baycruiser
30-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Find Seabreeze & Buoyweather pretty spot on (95% on the money).....base all my outings on these two sites [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

As far as BOm goes...... [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

fish2eat
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately I am usually restricted to weekend outings, so come MONDAY, when I start planning the next trip, I look at Seabreeze 7 day forecast.

Can't count the number of times I've planned a trip on a Mon, Tue or Wed for the next weekend based on the 7 day forecast only to find it grossly inaccurate by the time the weekend comes around.

2 days, max 3 is all you should rely on these for....also have started using Buoyweather as a non-subscriber, so you only get a 3 day forecast. Appears OK. Don't they all get their data from BOM though??