PDA

View Full Version : Urangan Pier - Meet & Greet. 27/11/05.

Big_unit
02-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi Guys,
I am thinking its time for a meet & greet. Let me know what you think ? Got any ideas or suggestions, feel free to add them. Let us know here if you want to come along.

My suggestion is to meet at the Urangan Pier, Hervey Bay at around 8.00am on Sunday 27th of November, go fishing then maybe have a B.Y.O BBQ and drinks for lunch at around 1.00pm in the park at the Pier.

Maybe everyone who wants to kick in $5 each for a small fishing comp. Winner takes all. Heaviest fish any species for each group, might make things interesting.

There will probably be groups;
Tuna and Mack group. #
Whiting group.
Boaties group.
really its a case of start when your ready.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers
James

lil_boatie
02-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Awsome idea :)

land-lubber
02-11-2005, 08:24 PM
sounds good, as long as im up there at the time #;D ill be going between sunny coast and mborough during that time, but im keen. be good to share some tips
what about making it 400am so we can get into the tuna?? :o orat least those of us that want too ;D
cheers

Big_unit
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Land lubber,
I will be getting into the Tuna and Macs as early as I can. Probably not 4.00am though more like 5 or 6 is when Ill get out there. I was hoping to get some tips too.

Cheers
James

land-lubber
02-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Do u fish there often?? when ive been, if ur not there by 4 u dont get a spot. even if u are there and ur not a 'regular' with $1000 reels and under 25, you lose ur spot due to over-crowding then get abused when they put thier lines right next to urs and tangle up >:( i have seen some serious abuse on that pier and some of these kids need to grow up and get a life, cause they dont own the jetty, even if they say they do. [smiley=rifle.gif]
has anyone else had this prob.?? BTW, im under 25 and still have problems and as i had no overhead, but a big threddie, i was scorned
ah well, well show em

Big_unit
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah I fish the Pier a bit, never had any dramas with the Pier rats except they want to ask a thousand questions all at once, most of them are good kids.

I will wait and see how many people are interested in coming before we finalise starting times. More than likely have the Tuna group (early start ) and the Whiting group (late start). Ill add this info into the first post.

Cheers
James

Lucky_Phill
02-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Well James, I think your idea has merits.

Are you suggesting the Pier due to land based addiction ?

My personal view on the $5 in comp thing is. I don't participate in fishing comps and or clubs. Just a personal thing.

But seeing as I am in the Bay, I think ( baring work commitments ) I can make it there.

Let's get some more responses, as I know of at least 6 Ausfishers in the bay area.

Just for your info, the jetty at Kingfisher has been going off for GT's, Spanish and Jew. The baitfish are in plague proportions. Mack Tuna and Bonito are in good numbers on the sandbanks soouth of little Woody.

Cheers Phill

mharper2001
02-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I will try and make it ;D.

Mark ;D

Big_unit
02-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Phill,
Yeah LB addiction is part of it but I just thought to have it at Urangan Pier gave people the opportunity to bring thier family and friends if they like. Just trying to keep it simple. If people wanna go out in thier boats and then meet up after thats fine too, I wouldnt mind being a deckie if someone has a spot.

Its all just ideas at this early stage, more final plans can be made later next week, once we know who is interested.

Seems to be about 5 guys so far. I have put the same thing on Fishntales, so any members from that site can meet up as well, seems to be the same guys anyway.

Cheers
James

scottmaclean
02-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Ill be up there over the next two weekends from sydney. pity the meet and greet cant happen on the 12-13th instead, could have done with some local knowledge. oh well. hope things go well for you guys.

land-lubber
02-11-2005, 11:34 PM
i'll be a free burley trail too if thats what ends up happening ;) if anyone needs a deckie.

scottmaclean
02-11-2005, 11:38 PM
what can i expect to catch from the pier and also around the marina this time of year??
any info would be great. dont tell me about whiting and flathead please!! hehehe

Big_unit
03-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Click on this link Scott, you will find everything you need to know there.

http://www.fishntales.com/index.htm

Cheers
James

Girella
03-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Howdy James

Still got punting fever after the cup eh ?
Me too.

I'd sure like to make it up and catch up with you again.
I'll see what I can do.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to have a fish off the Kingfisher jetty ?
Just one day would be all.

PK

TonyM
03-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Great idea :)

I'll be out in the boat for fishing and then meet up with the crew at the barbie.

Re the comp I'll have a bash if it's catch and release, If not I'll enjoy meeting up with the gang anyway!

darryl_l
03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
James,

Will see what I can do to get down there don't know about the comp part of the idea and would probably just meet up later with everyone as I would want to be on the water by 2-2:30 am travel up Wathumba area work my way back to the bay...

Now which boat to take :-? 19ft - :-/ 16ft ;) 12ft decisions decisions oh well I will keep an eye on the thread decide when I can guess the weather better..

Darryl L

dasher
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Great idea #:)

I'll be out in the boat for fishing and then meet up with the crew at the barbie.

Re the comp I'll have a bash if it's catch and release, If not I'll enjoy meeting up with the gang anyway!

Tony You'll need a deckie won't you. :question

PICK ME !!!!! PICK ME !!!! PICK ME !!!

Sorry I'll just maintain my composure. :-[

Sounds a plan to me, I'm up for it. ;)

dasher
03-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Looks like about a doz so far, so let the fun begin. ;D

westie
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Tony-M ....might be a way of getting up to see the new rig i will see if some of the guys here can be talked into making the trip,if so i will drag my rig up there but YOU MUST share spot-x with me. ;D ;D
If i come with you I will bring my H/Held GPS just incase

Westie

theoldlegend
03-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi Westie,

Are you sure you can fit this in amongst all the craft shows?

TOL

Lucky_Phill
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
NO worries James, pretty sure I will be in !

Prob do the early morn boat thing, then meet for the XXXX and snags and chat !

Cheers Phill

polydriverjr
03-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I live in Hervey Bay so count me in for the tuna comp.

Cheers,
Ben

dasher
03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Tony-M ....might be a way of getting up to see the new rig i will see if some of the guys here can be talked into making the trip,if so i will drag my rig up there but YOU MUST share spot-x with me. #;D ;D
If i come with you I will bring my H/Held GPS just incase

Westie

Westie we'll let you follow us if you promise to give us some crotchet patterns mate. ::)

Hehehe sorry mate couldn't resist. ;) ;D ;D

westie
04-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Dasher.....You must tell me you preferance, Tea Cossie, Blankets,Shawls or Lg & XSm Willie warmers

Navi
04-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey guyz, just letting you know my old boy has just taken over the Boat Harbour Resort, if you tell him that Chris sent ya I'm sure you'll get a good price plus there is parking for your boat and car. see link below.

www.boatharbourresort.net

for e-mail's send to

bookings@boatharbourresort.com

cheers Navi aka Chris

Big_unit
04-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Dasher.....You must tell me you preferance, Tea Cossie, Blankets,Shawls or Lg & XSm Willie warmers

Good comeback. LMAO.

Navi,
Will be keeping that in mind, Thanks for your offer.

Cheers
James

kleiny
04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Big Unit
i'm a maybe will let you know closer to the time.
probably out on the boat & meet for xxxx later
kleiny

TonyM
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Dasher - done ;)

Westie - Sure, but forget the handheld GPS ;D
What no crocheted Bikini patterns? Now they are excellent!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

bevnarch
04-11-2005, 08:23 PM
sounds like it might be a good day out .we ll take the boat out in the morning and meet back for lunch and afew cold ones arch, bev

westie
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Dasher - done #;)

Westie - Sure, but forget the handheld GPS #;D
What no crocheted Bikini patterns? #Now they are excellent!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Oh I forgot about them Tony , i fogot to ask you if they fitted you, as the measurments you supplied were 23" top and the 23" botton with a 27" sock attached to it had me stumped, did I get it in the right place

TonyM
05-11-2005, 08:23 AM
;D ;D ;D Shhhhh Westie I don't like to advertise too much ::)

westie
05-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Sorry Tony but with 2foot + it is HARD not to advertise ::)

Big_unit
05-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Seeing there are a few boats going out,

Who wants a Deckie ?

Cheers
James

dasher
06-11-2005, 12:31 AM

Eeerr pass on the Willie warmer Westie, reckon it would be too hard to crotchet using a microscope. :o ::) But a pattern for a stubby holder would be handy. ;) ;D

Tony time to formulate a plan mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Big_unit
06-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Had a few pm's asking for more info before they make a decision. So far it looks like this.

Everyones going out to fish in the morning, Pier & Boats. Organise yourself into the group you want to go with, your starting time, meeting place & etc.

I think we will leave the comp out this time, feel free to make personal bets though.

Meeting around 1.00pm at the Park off the end of the Pier, under one of the BBQ shelters. Bring ya own Tucker and Drinks. Bring whoever you want with you. Look for the Southern Cross Flag, that will be where we are. I am sure there are free BBQ's there, could someone confirm that and post it up ?

Unconfirmed list of who might be there.

bevnarch
land lubber
lil boatie
Lucky Phill
Dasher
TonyM
mharper2001
Girella
Pelagic Chaser
Westie CALOUNDRA
polydriverjr
Kleiny
Big unit
+ 2 members of Fishntales so far.

Cheers
James

TonyM
06-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Yes there is a Barbie at the pier, the ones on the esplanade are great actually - they're the freebie ones with a stainless hot plate.

scrub1975
06-11-2005, 06:40 PM
All the best mate....sounds great but cant take more time off work. :-[

dasher
06-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Guys just a quick heads up re the BBQ's. They can get rather busy of a weekend, I personally will look at a cooked chook and some rolls. You may be lucky or may be cooking for dinner. Just thought I better warn ya's. ;)

land-lubber
06-11-2005, 08:48 PM
thanks dasher, ill be at the jetty at around 330, so ill go and wrap all the bbqs up in SES tape, that should keep them away ;D ;D
now, how to steal the roll from my SES unit :-/
cheers

ShaneJ
06-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmmm, maybe I should make the trip for the day ::) Anyone need a fishing buddy for the morning? :-*

land-lubber
06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
come fish the pier with us, there should be a few of us.

westie
06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Tony looks like my deckies are not available so kick dasher over the side as I am a better sewer than him and i will bring my smoker filled with snags and steak so if some one else needs a ride, hope to leave Sat morning so fuel her up, westie is coming to town

Contact me on 0424047987

Big_unit
06-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Steve bring your boat, I am certain deckies can be arranged.

Cheers
James

fullscale
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
hey i guys i would like to come and meet you guys my step son and i fish alot here in the bay , i have only just joined the ausfish team but hope i will be welcomed anyway cheers 8-)

Big_unit
08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Fullscale,
Your both welcome to come along.

Cheers
James

Aussiebob
10-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi guys,

I am a newbie to this forum, and live in Hervey Bay. Unfortunately I will be in Brisbane that weekend, so can't join in. But I hope you have a great time, and catch some beauties!

Best wishes,

mharper2001
12-11-2005, 07:08 AM
James,
# # I am now a 90% chance of being there. #Will probably fish the Pier with land_lubber unless someones got a spare spot on there boat. I've got my own gear and tackle :).

Mark :)

land-lubber
12-11-2005, 11:54 AM
ok fellas, heres the deal for the landbased blokes,
i will be at the jetty and will start walking up the jetty at 330 am. if this is good for u, ill meet u there. i should be with Mark from ******* site.
the plan is to livebait for the tunas in the morning as well as the mackies off the end. regardless of the weather. for those who want to come later, i will be wearing the tshiirt in my avatar, a cream ripcurl jumper or an orange ses spray jacket. hopefully we will have a big livewell that we can all share to minimise gear that we have to lug up there.
for the fellas that want to fish for the smallies in the first channel, if u can make it to the end, come and say gday, if not, i wll be walking the jetty later in the day with my placcies, so if u see me say g'day.

if you could plese give me (and Big-Unit) an indicayion of what u will be doing (boating or landbased) and whaat time u plan to arive (for the landies). the boaties can come to an agreemnet between themselves if they are group traveling etc
for the landies, add ur name to the list with ur details by copying this list into ur post
cheers
Michael Macpherson (land-lubber)

list:
Michael Macpherson 330am - end for pelagics
Mark 330am (please alter if not so mark) - end for pelagics

Wyoming
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Howdy James

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to have a fish off the Kingfisher jetty ?
PK

There's a fish'n'chip just up the road - $2 min chips

fullscale
13-11-2005, 05:38 PM
the cheapest way is to get a one way ticket on the barge from river heads and then get the fast cat home they dont check tickets on the return on the fast cat this is all well if you can get dropped off at river heads i know this from a very reliable source maybe someone with some inside knowlege of the kingfisher boats ;) ;) if you know what i mean there for it shouold cost you $10 instead of $38 dollars . kind regards fullscale

mharper2001
14-11-2005, 08:16 AM
list: #
Michael Macpherson # # # # 3:30am - end for pelagics #
Mark # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # 3:30am (alter if not so mark) - end for pelagics
mharper2001 # # # # # # # # # 3:30am - End of Pier for pelagics

midgeptgiru
14-11-2005, 08:46 AM
hi guys it Midge pt giru up here in Sunny North qld, gee i miss Hervey Bay i used to go there every hoildays.

Big_unit
15-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Well boys its nearly time to head to Urangan. Looks like Land lubber is skippering the pier crew and the boats boys are doing thier thing. I am still hoping to get a deckies spot for the day but if not Ill be on board the HMAS Urangan, will be good either way. looking forward to meeting everyone at around 1.00pm at the park on the end of the pier, look for the Southern Cross flag hanging from a BBQ shelter.

Cheers
James

darryl_l
16-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Still looking solid for a trip to the bay for the M & G choices are down to the 16ft glass or the 12ft tinnie, if it ends up the glass boat I could be looking for a deckie Big_Unit but I won't make a decission until Wed weather report. As soon as I know I will post.

Darryl L

TonyM
16-11-2005, 03:06 PM
I just hope the weather is better than it is now :-/ or I'll be sitting on my esky at the bbq steadily emptying it ::)

I've convinced myself the new boat can handle rough weather now, so now I want to focus on comfortable days out where I can relax instead of having to keep an eye on the waves ;D

Big_unit
16-11-2005, 04:51 PM
5.3m Polycraft will handle as much crappy weather as you can bare from what Ive heard, jobs right Tony.

Pelagic Chaser, looking forward to hearing from you. The weather will be fine, sunny Queensland just not at the minute.

Rock on boys, we are gunna have a ball, I cant wait.

Cheers
James

mharper2001
16-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Just letting everyone know that if you are fishing with live baits you can't use cast nets to get them off the pier. #

Mark :)

Big_unit
16-11-2005, 06:07 PM
$2 bait jigs are what you will need.

Cheers
James

bazza_mundi
17-11-2005, 08:52 PM
sounds good :)

bazza_mundi
17-11-2005, 08:54 PM
:)

bazza_mundi
17-11-2005, 08:55 PM
spoons work well

bazza_mundi
17-11-2005, 08:56 PM
:o

ianh
19-11-2005, 07:11 PM
cool

insanefisho
20-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Has any one cruised passed the urangan pier recently? no seats no tables?only bbqs!! I'll check with the council tommorow to find out what's happening. BUGGER :o :o ::)Phil

Big_unit
20-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Just in case the BBQ's are out of action can anyone suggest a waterfront venue that has free facilities. Probably should wait to hear what Phil comes up with but its next weekend and I think we need to come up with an alternative venue in case.

Looks to be about 20 people for the M&G.

Cheers
James

westie
20-11-2005, 05:59 PM
My place is available, bit of a drive but. ::)

dasher
20-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Just in case the BBQ's are out of action can anyone suggest a waterfront venue that has free facilities. Probably should wait to hear what Phil comes up with but its next weekend and I think we need to come up with an alternative venue in case.

Looks to be about 20 people for the M&G.

Cheers
James

Dayman Park isn't far away if needed.

Hey westie will we all fit in you car?????

bevnarch
20-11-2005, 09:55 PM
gee dash im a local and dont know where dayman park is ( can ya refresh me ) and is there room to park the boat arch.....

insanefisho
20-11-2005, 10:04 PM
between the Pier & boat harbour, yes you can park the boat if you jump the gutter! ::)

darryl_l
21-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Big_Unit,

The plan so far...

I will be finishing work 12:oo Saturday packing the 16ft and heading down to arrive (hopefully) around 5:oopm. Book in to caravan park at the boat ramp for nights accomodation. Put the boat in approximately 3:30am head up towards Wathumba Ck checking out any action on the way. Maybe put out a spread and troll for a while then check out a couple of spots working back towards the boat ramp arriving back in time for the M & G.

Still going to be weather dependant but ya got ta have a plan man.

Darryl L

Big_unit
21-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Sounds brilliant to me.

Cheers
James

dasher
22-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Dayman Park is on the corner of Dayman and Pulgul Sts and entry is via James Cres which is opposite the milk bar.

Big_unit
22-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Bewdy Dasher. So we are all set.

Fishing for the morning.
Check the park at the pier first, if not there go to Dayman park for a 1.00pm meeting on Sunday. I will still put the southern cross flag up, which ever park we are at.
Bring your tucker, drinks, friends, family & be ready for a good time.

Heres my mobile number 0418 811 943

Cheers
James

westie
22-11-2005, 05:20 PM
James have you spoken to the weather Gods if so what is the forcast for Sat & Sunday :-/ or :) or ::)

Big_unit
23-11-2005, 12:32 AM
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* but not :'(

Hope that helps

Cheers
James

Big_unit
23-11-2005, 02:22 AM
99% chance we will be at Dayman Park as there appears to be some major works happening at the pier.

Cheers
James

westie
23-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Have you talked to the weather gods again it appears they are not taking much notice >:(

bevnarch
23-11-2005, 08:00 PM
hi all any of you guys bringing the wife and kids along .....my wife bev will be there and katelin our daughter....................arch

Big_unit
23-11-2005, 09:30 PM
My missus doesnt want go but a mate might come along for a drink and a yarn in the park.

Cheers
James

westie
24-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Min has to stay home and do the daughter /mun thing ...You know Shhhhhooooooppppping and that is clothes shopping ...while I am up there with you lot just trying to get food on the table HHHmmmmmmmmm well that is what a man has to do to be a good provider :'(

Lucky_Phill
26-11-2005, 05:03 PM
OK looks like I will be able to make it. Won't be there for the early am start, puting in some ' work ' until mid morning.

Dayman Park hey !

Will have to look that up.

CYA's there !

Phill

dasher
27-11-2005, 03:39 AM
OK looks like I will be able to make it. #Won't be there for the early am start, puting in some ' work ' until mid morning.

Dayman Park hey !

Will have to look that up.

CYA's there !

Phill

ShaneJ
27-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Well it was a good day :)
Pity it was only myself and Big Dan that made the wise choice of where to go this morning ;D

darryl_l
27-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Shane

I am sure, as the other ausfish members would also be, that you would NOT have wanted the rest of us where you were this morning. lol

Darryl L

ShaneJ
27-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Shane

I am sure, as the other ausfish members would also be, that you would NOT have wanted the rest of us where you were this morning. lol

Darryl L

True, very true! You would of been welcome to watch! ;D

darryl_l
27-11-2005, 09:43 PM
:o :o :o

Now you tell us.

Oh well glad to see you got home alright. I must say a BIG THANK-YOU to dasher for his hospitality over the weekend and it was great to be able to put some faces with some names.. :)

Darryl L

dasher
28-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Well it was a good day :)
Pity it was only myself and Big Dan that made the wise choice of where to go this morning ;D

Hey Shane, Westie reckons where you were fishing you had to pentrate some bush before you had any luck. :-? ::) :)

ShaneJ
28-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Now thats just being dirty! >:(

But I like it :D

Big_unit
28-11-2005, 10:11 AM
So Shane, How is Wobbygong Girl ?

I had a great time, good to meet everyone.

Pelagic Chaser, ShaneJ & TonyM enjoy a chat.

Big_unit
28-11-2005, 10:16 AM
BigDan123, the tackle recycling specialist & Westie Caloundra looks on.

TonyM
28-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Was greet to catch up with everyone, plenty of laughs to be had [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Shane - I reckon that one's a keeper mate ;) Welcome to watch? Geez bit late to tell us now! [smiley=curtain.gif]

Dasher - when's your next high diving demo? We'll have to make up some score cards so we can rate you ;D (although I recomend emptying the wallet/mobile etc from your pockets before you attempt a backflip off the side of the boat [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Big_unit
28-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Ausfish's resident elf and barman, Dasher. Pours another of his soon to be famous homebrews.

westie
28-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Twas grate to put faces to names, after the 2 1/2 Hr drive from Caloundra towing the boat and a stop at Tairo Butchers as I had a request to get some special Kabana, although the weekend was not the best for fishing, that to me is just a minor detail as the weekend was about getting together and enjoying the company of fellow fisho's and swapping stories some interesting some over streched a little to far
( Hey dasher Re shane and his adventure) shane & nikky that was one of those twisted and turned around stories, shane that girl is a keeper
although now known to all that were there as Wobbegong

Shame there is not a LITTLE smiley in the reply box, wearing thongs.

Only I saw one at the Ramp with there cap only above the water, sitting in ANKLE deep water, but his face was RED after teaching his Nokia to swim along with 3/4Pk of cig's and wallet.

Sorry No Pic's all happend to quick. ;D

I will be back to try my luck a Barra with the help from dan & tony in the not so distant future Ohhhhhh I can feel another M&G maybe at a certain dam ?????????????

A special thanks to Dasher for opening his home up to us all Thanks Mate

:) P.s All that Dasher says about me is not true, and hold NO substance to the Truth what so ever. ::)

dasher
28-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Twas grate to put faces to names, after the 2 1/2 Hr drive from Caloundra towing the boat and a stop at Tairo Butchers as I had a request to get some special Kabana, although the weekend was not the best for fishing, that to me is just a minor detail as the weekend was about getting together and enjoying the company of fellow fisho's and swapping stories some interesting some over streched a little to far
( Hey dasher Re shane and his adventure) shane & nikky that was one of those twisted and turned around stories, shane that girl is a keeper

Shame there is not a LITTLE smiley in the reply box, wearing thongs. #

Only I saw one at the Ramp with there cap only above the water, sitting in #ANKLE deep water, but his face was RED after teaching his Nokia to swim along with 3/4Pk of cig's and wallet.

Sorry No Pic's all happend to quick. #;D

I will be back to try my luck a Barra with the help from dan & tony in the not so distant future Ohhhhhh I can feel another M&G maybe at a certain dam ?????????????

A special thanks to Dasher for opening his home up to us all #Thanks Mate

:) P.s All that Dasher says about me is not true, and hold NO substance to the Truth what so ever. #::)

Westie I claim the 5th amendment and james thanks heaps ya whacker I was gunna tell em how well behaved we all were drinking coke. ::)

dasher
28-11-2005, 07:24 PM

Only I saw one at the Ramp with there cap only above the water, sitting in #ANKLE deep water, but his face was RED after teaching his Nokia to swim along with 3/4Pk of cig's and wallet.

:) P.s All that Dasher says about me is not true, and hold NO substance to the Truth what so ever. ::)

Too true, no way I could post that sort of stuff on this site, BUT, if you do want the true story just PM me and I'll let you know what really happened. :o

Hahaha, what now westie. ;D

ShaneJ
28-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Mate that photo has my mouth watering :(

westie
28-11-2005, 08:38 PM
..................................BUGGER.......... .....................

dasher
28-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Oh Ok so you don't want me to mention the big C&R mate, a 50+ snapper. Now as I was going to say I don't think I really slipped at the ramp, otherwise I would end up with memory lose, especially regarding 50+snapper. So obviously it never happened, eh :-?

No photos of either mate so are they real, only friendly witnesses will help.

dasher
28-11-2005, 08:47 PM
C,mon Westie you must be busting to let everyone know about ya bloody snapper, since ya din't stop bragging all weekend. Catch and release and didn't blink an eye, as soon as it was on the boat Westie said this baby is going back. Hopefully he will overcome his modesty and give you a better idea of how it all went.

dasher
28-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry should have mentioned Insane-Fisho got 2 keepers a cod and a sweetlip. but apart from that the rest of us were very fishless. :o

dasher
28-11-2005, 08:54 PM
..................................BUGGER.......... .....................

Hehe that is bloody good mate. ;D

westie
28-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I Did get a Snapper TRUE I did get a tripple hookup TRUE and I did get something big to follow my livey and strike it TRUE

I Tell the truth...... it is you dasher that stretches it a wee bit

Sorry mate how many strikes did you get while out fishing I forgot ;D

westie
28-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry should have mentioned Insane-Fisho got 2 keepers a cod and a sweetlip. but apart from that the rest of us were very fishless. :o

Ya Get That Hey Big Unit

ShaneJ
28-11-2005, 09:12 PM

Ya Get That Hey Big Unit
[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
Oh man that was funny.

dasher
28-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I Did get a Snapper TRUE I did get a tripple hookup TRUE and I did get something big to follow my livey and strike it TRUE #

I Tell the truth...... it is you dasher that stretches it a wee bit

Sorry mate how many strikes did you get while out fishing I forgot #;D

Geez Westie, you were busy with that 50 plus snapper mate, I got plenty of bites (alas no hook ups) while you were busy sorting all that out mate.

westie
28-11-2005, 09:14 PM
What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

dasher
28-11-2005, 09:16 PM

# # Ya Get That # Hey Big Unit

Pure Gold Steve. ;D ;D ;D ;D

westie
28-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I am going fishing for some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ as I have a craving for some.

MUST say sorry to Nicky regarding the dunny seat ;D but living with 5 girls in the house >:( 3 are cat, and sometimes more demanding that human females, I do as I am told. Sorry I didn't own up sooner but i didn't know you got the blame. :-X

szopen
28-11-2005, 11:57 PM
It looks like you lot had a really good fun.

And never mind the rumours the truth will come out.
:-X

Lucky_Phill
29-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks James for getting it going.

Although not fishing that weekend ( which seemed the best plan ), I made it there for a couple of hours. Now I know there are a few Ausfishers here in Hervey Bay, I can see an on water adventure during the spottie season, and also next year on the Bream.

Cheers Phill

mossy43
29-11-2005, 02:22 PM
James thanks for the organization it was a great day. Mossy

Big_unit
29-11-2005, 10:00 PM
No worries, just happy that my virgin attempt at a M&G was reasonably sucessful. Well as of today I am definite resident of Hervey Bay and am looking forward to catching up with you guys more often.

Cheers
James

dasher
29-11-2005, 10:44 PM
No worries, just happy that my virgin attempt at a M&G was reasonably sucessful. Well as of today I am definite resident of Hervey Bay and am looking forward to catching up with you guys more often.

Cheers
James

Shyte there goes the property values. :o Awww well.................... ya get that. ;D ;D

Big_unit
29-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I know you mean they are going to skyrocket...

I know where you live...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dasher
30-11-2005, 05:57 AM
I know you mean they are going to skyrocket...

I know where you live...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Im moving today. :o ::)

westie
30-11-2005, 08:34 AM
James they just don't want any more competion on the water ;D

:) Westie

But Ya Get That Hey

land-lubber
30-11-2005, 11:41 AM
i got three happy moments, does that count??
what about for cod bait?
aaaaaawwwwwwww come on guys some credit pppppppppllllllleeeaaaase.
maybe the fish from the preceeding three days will make up 4 it, keep an eye on the reports section next week for some piccies.
BTW, all fish caught by me and mark we LANDBASED all u boaties obviously need some practice
lol
cheers

BTW Big_unit, dont worry about ur dropped fish mate, you wait til u hear what i did on the pier the following tuesday :o

Big_unit
30-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah Pelagic Chaser reckons I need a little less brute strength and a lot more finesse when dealing with Pelagic fish. I just got excited, my first cast with my brand new TSS4 and Live Fibre got a very good hook up & a couple of screaming runs which I proceeded to handle very well until I called for the gaff, got over excited and gave way to much lift but YOU GET THAT.

Cheers
James

dasher
01-12-2005, 09:25 AM
It looks like you lot had a really good fun.

And never mind the rumours the truth will come out.
:-X

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. ;) :)

dasher
01-12-2005, 09:30 AM
C'mon Westie stop being so shy mate. When are ya tell the story of the 50 plus snapper after the triple hook up. :-? ::) ;)

westie
01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
sorry mate you know I got it, and I know I got it, They know I got it, who else is there to tell It's no big deal

dasher
01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
sorry mate you know I got it, and I know I got it, They know I got it, who else is there to tell It's no big deal

Thats fair enough mate with no comment it appears we have to crown you the 2005 Urangan M&G king. ;D Congratulations mate and I hope you have the same sort of success next time you come up here. ;) Nah not really we'll work on that mate. ;D