PDA

View Full Version : Pine. be careful

rando
30-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Crossing the Pine river bridge on my way to work this morning and i noticed there is alot of floating trees/green rubbish.The storms must have flushed a lot of stuff into the river.
rando

Billo
30-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I noticed the same ...go slow mode in the creeks weekend coming up by the looks of it .
more storms to come over the next few days

cuzzamundi
30-11-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah the pine always flushes her fair share of debris down the river! and the thing is, you never know what youre gonna come across. sound advice, especially for night fishos!

cuzza

Rainbowrunner
30-11-2005, 08:01 PM
there was a navigation marker near deep water bend unlit i missed by about 2meters a couple of weeks ago. :-?

Rainbowrunner
30-11-2005, 08:30 PM
BIG tides too..........

bidkev
01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Did a report on this Yesterday. Forgot to mentiion that not only is the bouy missing at the sunken barge but that some other beacons are entirely covered by debris. OK, we know that they're there, In fact, they're easier to see now ;D but if they collect any more debris over the coming days, then I think there will be a few more missing.

It looks worse than it is though as most of the debris is water hyacinth and I saw very few logs. What I did find strange is that hardly any of it made it out to sea, at least not whilst I was there. It was thick from DB down but little at the mouth despite the tide running out. It just seemed to stay around DB.......probably wind stronger then tide?

Oh, and you also have to negotiate the new pontoon legs and barge which have half closed the acces to the water at the ramp.

kev

BLOCKER
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
going over the South Pine rail bridge just after Strathpine station on the way to work today and the river there was full of Water Hyacinth. You could have walked from one bank to the other on it.

Blocker

revs57
01-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Glad I live on the South Side hehehe, but I'd reckon most waterways will be flushing like a public dunny all the crap that's accumulated up them during the dry

cheers

Rhys

Rainbowrunner
01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Can only be good for it.

Just_chips
01-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I wonder if it's nice and sunny on the weekend if it will slow down the jetskiers and waterskiers :D

bidkev
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I wonder if it's nice and sunny on the weekend if it will slow down the jetskiers and waterskiers #:D

Well with the colour of that water, they'd come out of it looking like they'd shat themselves :o ;D

Took some getting off the boat!

kev

revs57
01-12-2005, 10:20 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Walrus
01-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Even Youngs Crossing is coffe coloured :o

Still, I'll have a fish early AM on the weekend just to see whether the residents have lockjaw.

The dam still looks nice and fishable. No significant increase in water level but Lake Kurwonbar is full.

Luc