PDA

View Full Version : Government respone, re Tin Can Bay Dolphins.

gropeher
01-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I sent in a rather nasty letter a couple of months back to the Qld Goverment re the above, and I got a respone today,

Ref: BNE25757-1
BNE2005/15655
E/05/04242

Dear Mr ?

Thank you for your letter regarding the feeding of wild dolphins at Tin Can Bay. The Minister has asked me to respond on her behalf.

As you would be aware, permission to continue the feeding of the dolphins at Tin Can Bay was declined. However, following public concerns, the decision was amended to allow the ongoing feeding of two dolphins at Barnacles café subject to a scientific evaluation of the impact of feeding on these animals.

The new owners have been asked to prepare a revised proposal that will detail what feeding activities will be undertaken at the site. The proposal will also be required to take account of the Commonwealth Government’s newly endorsed national guidelines.

The Minister’s concern is, and always will be, the welfare of the dolphins. Nonetheless, it is her view that this must be balanced with the tremendous interest shown in the dolphins by local residents and visitors to the area.

I hope this information addresses your concerns.

Yours sincerely

Marcus Toyne
Assistant Policy Advisor
(Environment)

peterbo3
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
So it is pretty apparent that Marcus & the Minister got rolled by the toothy Beatty smile. But they are refusing to admit that they are wankers. We have too many dipshits making decisions based on voodoo science. :-? :-?
If feeding the dolphins was harming them then they would have snuffed it yonks ago. We used to feed DOZENS of em every night - they would be under the trash chutes of my trawler every time we winched up. Didn't seem to harm those guys. And I am sure they are STILL under the trash chutes of every trawler working the East Coast. No surveys being run on the health of these suckers. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
So, Marcus & the Minister, who still want to box on after they have been KO'd by Pistol Pete - GET A LIFE & EARN YOUR MONEY. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Hoges
01-12-2005, 10:39 PM
"Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity they can train Americans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish"

Damn shame we can't train our pollies! LOL

“Good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately experience usually comes from bad judgement”

Hoges
01-12-2005, 10:42 PM
[smiley=confused.gif]
Damn double post! Please remove.
[smiley=computer.gif]

DICER
02-12-2005, 03:41 AM
They call it flipper ....

flipping decisions.....

bigmack
02-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Yep - I received the exact same letter.

Now they are going to levy us all for having a pool - so some dipsh5t council people can be paid to come and inspect our backyards. Jeez what happened to the free world and why do these people think they have to be do gooders!!! and save ourselves from ourselves?.

We lived by the water all of our lives - fell in the drink off rock walls, off the pontoon, out of boats etc and none of us drowned. Mostly my parents pulled us out by the scruff of the neck or hair or singlet or whatever - it just means that parents are not watching their kids closely enough. To lazy or to casual or just couldnt give a shit? I dunno - dont flame me though its just my humble opinion. ;D

Cheers
Phill

tincanpeter
03-12-2005, 09:26 AM
The minister is concerned with the welfare of the dolphins does that mean she will object and stop the building of the proposed marina.
NOT LIKELY.http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif
Grin

rajawolf
03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
The minister is concerned with the welfare of the dolphins does that mean she will object and stop the building of the proposed marina.
NOT LIKELY.http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif
Grin

Not likely, Just means they will be pumping more sh!t into the seaway from the cruise ships.