PDA

View Full Version : Free Fishing Seminar Sat 3 Dec

Fitzy
30-11-2005, 10:13 PM
On this Saturday there will be the following guest speakers at Springwood Marine.
10.00am Dave"nugget"Downie - "fishing the Pin"
12.00pm Mark"Mono"Stewart - "Better Mackeral Fishing"
2.00pm Gary"Fitzy"Fitzgerald - "Impoundment Barra,Where,When and How"
They will have 3 Icekool eskies to give away on the day.

All of this is part of a 3 day promotion / sale @ Springwood Marine.
They guys rattled off some of the bargains to me today, some hot prices.. ;D

Hope to see a few Ausfishers there for a chat.

Fitzy..

westie
01-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I should be there around 11-2pm hope to see a few members

ShaneJ
01-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Take some notes for me Westie, I cant make it >:(

westie
01-12-2005, 09:45 PM
My note taking and memory are limited these days what do you want me to note

how many times Squidge is mentioned on the day.

Or if you get out of bed at 2.30am to go fishing, you will have a better chance of catching ifsh if you don't return to bed shortly after ;D

ShaneJ
01-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Mate i'm an expert on the returning to bed part ;D

Umm, just make note of the things that will catch me fish ::)

westie
01-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Not Sure if they sell Alarm Clocks ::)

ShaneJ
01-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Not Sure if they sell Alarm Clocks ::)
Ahh come on, I was awake in plenty of time.

westie
02-12-2005, 09:22 AM
yah ok then we just need something to keep you at the ramp instead of returning to the luxury of a occupied bed.

Hmmmmmm Handcuffed to the boat should do it :o

Nugget
02-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Should be a good day - I'll also be showing a selection of underwater footage of the Seaway shot by Ian Banks and explaining what you're looking at.
Some very alarming stuff that is sure to open your eyes.

Dave ><>

DaneCross
02-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Saturday: N/NW winds 20/30 knots, easing to 15/20 knots during the morning and turning SW/NW. Seas to 3 metres, abating to 1.7 metres. Showers, rain areas and thunderstorms clearing.

Well I sure as hell wont be fishing so I'm penned in as a starter ;)

NeilD
03-12-2005, 12:51 PM
I saw Nuggets presentation. Great stuff. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
The underwater stuff was an eye opener. You should see what they are pumping out into the seaway from the sewerage outflow. Yummy [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

Neil

Fishinmishin
03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Damn.....that's what I get for not checking the posts. I woulda been there...oh well :-/.

rajawolf
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I saw Nuggets presentation. Great stuff. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
The underwater stuff was an eye opener. You should see what they are pumping out into the seaway from the sewerage outflow. Yummy #[smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

Neil

Damn I was going to ask before I read this, what all that bubbling and gushing that was coming to the surface from the northside of the rock wall in about 10 different places :o ....fishingnottaken #and I were going to throw a line in...but we seen it and we both said #WTF #and moved on. :-/ # We did not see any floaters, not that we looked too hard. :o

DaneCross
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I spent the morning there and despite not a huge crowd turn up I managed to catch up with Ausfishers; Nugget, mono, webby, Touchy, 3Vs (Michael) and Glenn from Springwood Marine. I caught Nugget's talk in the morning and stayed on to hear mono talk about pelagics. Both presentations were quite informative and I left knowing more than I did when I arrived ;) Nugget and mono both gave away Icekool Eskys following their presentations, but I'll let 3Vs tell you about that :-X
Nugget, that footage showing how active flathead are at night has changed my opinion of a flathead being a day-time only option :o And mono, the thought of sight-casting at 20kg+ Wahoo has me itching to get out there on your new rig sometime in the new year.
As for the shopping, Glenn and the lads at Springwood Marine were more than willing to do a nice deal and I came away very happy with my VHF aerial purchase - thanks ;D

Dane

NeilD
03-12-2005, 08:57 PM
DC

I was sitting just along from you. I think weall need an Ausfish sign or something. Nugget certainly gave some great specific info on the Pin & Logan area. I can hardly wait to try some of the tips.

Neil

3Vs
03-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks to Mono for a good talk about pelagics and a few of his strategies. It shows that it is those extra little bits of tradecraft that can make all the difference.

Thanks to Springwood for a very nice Eva Kool esky - fits into my esky spot just perfectly.

Dane, checked the mother in laws garage and have about three eskys spare if you want one - give me a yell if you do. :)