PDA

View Full Version : drinking, boating and Xmas

juicyfruit
04-12-2005, 10:11 AM
With the silly season drawing near, increase in temperature, and maybe more time on ones hand with holidays, so too does, in most cases, the consumption of alcohol. Now I’m no saint when it comes to drinking, have had many experience when it comes to drinking on the land, but when it comes to drinking in a boat, passenger, deckie or captain, no alcohol passes my lips. Why? Coz I have seen and heard so many accidents/incidents/lost of life due to drinking alcohol whilst in a boat (or on the journey home). So take it easy this summer, enjoy ya drink in moderation, love ya families and friends, tight lines now and years to come AND have a Merry Merry Christmas

From a nagging woman (but caring) LOL

Juicy

P.S. Watch out for fatigue too (nag nag nag!!!!)

theoldlegend
04-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Good point Juicy.

You and yours have a good one. ;D

TOL

familyman
04-12-2005, 05:25 PM
To all a good and happy christmas and new year,take care with yourselves and your friends and family :)
cheers jon

Hoges
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
:)

Condiments of the Seasoning

Normally I would say Bah Humbug but for now I hope all stay safe and have great Chrissy.
Cheers
Hoges

stevedemon
04-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi All
good point Juicy I have made a zero tolarance on board my boat as there are to many idiots on the water now with out the Alchol to go with it Have a good safe and happy Xmas all

Cheers :) ;)
Steve ;D :) 8-)

PinHead
05-12-2005, 04:36 AM
I am going away on the boat at Xmas..only for a couple of days...planning on eating and drinking heaps..but the boat will be tied up so that won't be a problem..will just crawl back on board and sleep.

Jeremy
05-12-2005, 06:43 AM
anyone interested in a big post on alcohol on boats, do a search of this site. There have been two BIG threads in the last year or so on this topic.

Jeremy

thumps
05-12-2005, 06:50 AM
anyone interested in a big post on alcohol on boats, do a search of this site. There have been two BIG threads in the last year or so on this topic.

Jeremy

and so there should be....not just a couple of threads a year...but an ongoing topic to raise the awarness of ALL

alcohol is a drug...and addiction like any other.....smokes/hooch/ coffee...whatever....

too many ppl use these drugs without thought and consequenses.

never to many times to raise awarness of the issue.......

Having said that.....merry christmas to all...and Juicy?....Safe Holidays....and Happy Thoughts ;)

juicyfruit
05-12-2005, 07:01 AM
You too Thumps mate....heres hoping we can get together over Xmas and wet a few lines

Juicy

*kisses*