PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Nugget

PinHead
08-12-2005, 07:26 AM
I may not be able to listen to your show over the next couple of weekends with the auction on there..however...I would like to place a bid now of $500.00 for any of them...I doubt I would win any with this amount but I will donate this amount regardless.
This is in memory of my parents..mum passed away Christmas day last year and dad on 4th March this year...both from that horrendous cancer so if I can help some kid recover or be more comfortable then I am more than happy to help.
Please send me a pm as to where I can send it or hand deliver it to yourself.

Regards,

The PinHead

Girella
08-12-2005, 07:30 AM
You may have a Pin head mate but you got a big heart.

What a great way to remember your parents.

Well done.
PK

Nugget
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
The auction idea started as a result of a conversation I had with Nev Wyatt - a champion Nerang River whiting angler that has taught me a lot over the years.
Nev lost his wife to cancer fairly recently.

I thank you Pinhead - as Girella said, by name but not by nature.
I have recieved several pre auction bids - I have printed them out and will hand them to a 4BC staff helper who will bid on their behalf.
We were'nt prepared for it but have had offers of donations so we're working out how to do that now.
Anyone interested just PM me - I'll also post the details on donations here as soon as we have it finalised.

Thanks mate.
Dave ><>

MIKOS
08-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Pinhead,

You have a very good heart. Makes me sad reading this.

We are lucky to have great people like yourself on this website.

Hope you have a very merry Chistmas this year. :)

MIKOS :) ;)

Nugget
08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Here's the clarification:

4BC can only accept cheque donations for the Legends of Fishing Promotion.
Any requests for CASH donations will not be accepted by 4BC, however any listener wishing to do so will need to speak directly to the Childhood Cancer Fund;
PO Box 295
Red Hill Qld 4059
Australia
PH: (07) 3252 4719

4BC will accept Cheque payments (for all winning Bids & Donations) to the following address;
ATT: Leana Smith Promotions Co-Ordinator
4BC Pty Ltd
PO Box 10116
Adelaide Street, Brisbane 4000.

All monies will be announced On-Air by 4BC via Dave Downie, then forwarded directly to the Childhood Cancer Fund at the above address.
Receipts (if requested) will then be issued directly to the Listener’s from the Charity in due course.

I hope this clarifies the matter.
Thanks & Good Luck!

Des Poeling-Oer
Promotions & Marketing Director

bidkev
08-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Good on yer Pinhead. May the memory of your parents serve you well, as you are serving others.

kev

gawby
08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Pinhead,
My heart goes out to you. I have recently lost both my parents and know how hard it is. Keep your chin up. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Merry xmas
Graeme

Why-ting
08-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Well done Pinhead, hope u have the best of Christmas'. :) :) :)Ho Ho Ho.