PDA

View Full Version : New Ramp (Brisbane River)

webby
14-12-2005, 10:18 PM
For those that try out in the river, or just cruise it, there's a new ramp now open in Breakfast Creek.
Access is off Sandgate road, near the new Girls Rowing Club Building.
Chrysler Jeep and Whitworth Marine are on the other side of the road.
There is also a pontoon and ample parking.
regards

Fishin_Dan
15-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't know how accessable it is at low tide though... Those big cruisers around there are sitting on dry land (well mud anyway) at low tide... I hope they extended the ramp out a long way....

I've even seen the pontoon at the rowers club there sitting on the mud with no water under it.... :-X

But they surely would've taken that into account...

fish2eat
15-12-2005, 09:26 AM
There already was a ramp in Brekky creek, next to the Breakfast Creek Wharf complex.....no facilities but I remember using it when I got my licence with Archies Boat Licence Centre. Is that one still there ??

Fishin_Dan
15-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes I believe so... The one you are talking about is on the soutside of the creek, whereas this one is on the north. It's right near River City Marine, and it's directly across the creek from the car wash place on Sandgate Rd.

In terms of facilities, there's a park there, and I think electric BBQ's, but I don't think there's a pontoon or anything... But I havent been past there since it's opened... I might have to go have a look on the weekend.