PDA

View Full Version : A chance to fish with a legend

Nugget
06-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Over the next two weekends I'll be auctioning off on 4BC a chance to go fishing with a legend.
I'm raising money for the Qld Cancer Foundation - children's fund.

Four anglers have generously donated their time and boat to take the winners fishing.
There will be two seats with Tim Morgan luring bream on soft plastics.
Two seats with Garry Fitzgerald chasing bass.
Two anglers will head offshore on a John Palermo charter.
Nerang whiting champion Nev Wyatt will take one angler targeting elbow slappers.

Tim and Garry will hopefully take their winners out in the magnificent Humminbird boat seen on ABT Challenge on Channel Ten at the moment.

This is a once in a life time opportunity to go fishing - and learn some of the secrets - from a expert angler.
All you have to do is listen in between 5 - 7am over the next two weekends, starting this Sat, to radio 4BC Talking Fishing or tune in at www.4bc.com.au.
Ring in on 13 13 32 and make your bid - I'll announce the bids throughout the Show and keep you informed of what the current bid is.

Remember - it's all for the kids.
Good luck.

Dave ><>

Jeremy
06-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I fish with a legend every time I go out ;D

Seriously tho, hope you get some big bids and raise heaps of money for the kids. Great idea.

Jeremy

RobSee
06-12-2005, 05:43 PM
It was nice of you to say so Jeremy - but I did not think I went that well

timbacutta
08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Jeremy,

I can't remember going fishing with you. Maybe I was dreaming again. I suppose weighing your fish and taking your photos for you counts. ;) Next time you are talking to barralundi, ask him how long does it take to run a transducer cable from the back of the boat to the centre console. Hint, it was more than 4 hrs but less than 6 hrs. :-X :-[ :'( :-? >:( ::)

Dave,

Excellent auction items and I hope you raise plenty of money for a good cause.

Jeff :)

Big-D
09-12-2005, 08:24 AM
:)Hi Nugget, I do fish with a top class Legend when i take fred[Touchy]wood out with me for a morning fishing. ;D ;D

Cheers peter,

Good luck in raising heaps for money.

gif
10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Tim Morgan went for $1,000 and $600 for teh second seat

Ausfishers did all the hard bidding!

Tomorrow, Sunday 11th its Fitzy for Bass in The $40,000 Humminbird Stratos.

Gary Fooks

hmmm ... Fitzy ... 150 hp Stratos ... hmmmmmmm!

Lone_Wolf
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
missed the show this morning as internet was down. what has been auctioned to date when are the closing bids?

Fitzy
10-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Here's the flyer. Feel free to forward it to your friends folks.

The more we raise the better.

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/2k5/dave_downie.jpg

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/2k5/dave_downie.jpg

Cheers,

fitzy..

Nugget
11-12-2005, 09:16 AM
A big thankyou to all those they got involved this weekend.
Today auctioning off a seat with Fitzy we raised another $860 - thanks also to Tim and Fitzy for their generous offers.
Thant's $2460 for the weekend.

Next weekend we auction off 2 x seats offshore fishing with John Palermo on Sat and 1 x seat with Nev Wyatt on Sun whiting fishing.
We've already had an early bid of $500 to fish with Nev.

Cheers all.

Dave ><>

mr_stinker
14-12-2005, 10:07 PM
IF YOU LIKE FISHING ALL AREA'S ARE COVERED.THE IMFO THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO BUY ,IF WORKED ON A HOURLY RATE WOULD SO CHEAP ,YOU WOULD ASK INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS TO SORT IT OUT.FOR BUDDING FISHERMAN THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE,AND HELP TO MAKE THIS A VERY HAPPY CHRISMAS

DIG DEEP

PinHead
15-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Come on guys..dig deep and bid on these..it is for a good cause.

Nugget
15-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks to all who have helped out so far - especially you PinHead for your $1000.
We received another $500 donation through the week.
Touchy took up a collection at his work as well - Appreciate it fellas - it's all for the kids and you will get a tax receipt.

Dave ><>

BAIT_MAN
15-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Guys i dig deep on sunday and gave the kids $460.00. I have to tell you all that i cant wait to spend a day with fitzy chasing bass will let you know how we go. I know that i am going to go on a big learning curve and it is great that fitzy is giving up so much time to do this.

Cheers
Shane B

Nugget
15-12-2005, 05:44 PM
You're too modest Shane:

Shane runs
WATER TOWER BAIT & TACKLE
10 Ernest St Manly 3396 1833

I should also mention that Shane digs deep for the Sunfish Take a Kid Fishing day each year as well.

Thanks mate.
Dave ><>

BAIT_MAN
15-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Any thing for the kids mate.

Thanks Dave

Cheers
Shane B

Nugget
17-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Total raised today, Sat 17 is $1400 - fishing with John Palermo.

Thanks guys - appreciate your contibution to the Child Cancer Support Fund inc.

Sun 18th auction will be a big day - auctioning off a seat whiting fishing with Nev Wyatt in the Nerang River.
Amogst those in the know, Nev is a legend.

Dave ><>