PDA

View Full Version : sth pine last night

cuzzamundi
16-12-2005, 12:10 PM
gday all,

finally back home for chrissy! went down to the sth pine last night, landbased. tried two spots. first was full of little clumps of branches so gave up there after short while. second was much cleaner and looked promising. threw the manns stretch around to no avail, so switched to bait. landed a nice cattie to put live on the big shark rig, but no hits on that all night. the poddies however were getting smashed by the bullies, so i rigged up a heavier 50lb jinkai trace and pulled in a small boy (105cm) after a great fight and some aerials. nothing had a look at the proper rig though, so i'd say they were all pups hanging around. all in all a great night - just glad to be back for a while! i snagged my manns stretch quite a way out so i went for a swim and got it - the water's really quite warm in there at the moment, so hopefully some bigger jacks'll take up residence! i know it was a little stupid, but 17 bucks is a lot to kiss goodbye! but yeah, wouldnt wanna make a habit of wading though there at night. will be doen many more trips so i'll keep you posted, and hopefully even get a camera! tight lines all.

cuzza

bidkev
16-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Cuzza.....yer a braver man than me mate. Just visualise a pike eel latched onto yer wedding tackle ;D I'd probably be pretty safe though 'cause just as it is with fishing, so it is with swimming.......the buggers'd have to find me tackle first ;D

Welcome home btw :)

kev

land_based
17-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Nice one cuzza,

I fished the hornibrook last night with a few big rigs out for sharks. Had two runs on a whole bream but missed the hooks. I heard something breaking the top of the water underneath the bridge only to see a bronzie smashing up my mullet in my dillie. Brought the pot up and he was all tangled in it. Wouldve went about a metre. He had around 5 hooks in his mouth which i found pretty funny. Probably been chopping up bream fisherman with 4 kg leaders all day. Gpt photos ill throe em up soon. Mossies were terrible they had me dancing all night with no rid. Went home with 3 sandies.

cuzzamundi
17-12-2005, 12:50 PM
gday kev,

yeah thanks sir, great to be home! yeah the wedding tackle - didnt even think about that! i will next time though, lol. speaking of pike eels there were none taking the dead baits which i thought was odd for that area. i went exactly where you said to a few weeks ago, so thanks heaps for the reference, as it's a darn good land based spot. i'll keep you posted how i go when i get out again very shortly!

gday rob,

great stuff with the sandies mate! did you fish the southern or northern channel? great to see a bronzie hanging around there - musta been one heavy dilly to pull up outta the drink! did you eat him? great stuff mate.

cuzza

land_based
17-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Just up on the flats from the northern channel. All the hooks in his mouth managed to tangle around the steel part of the dillie, i through him back after pulling the hooks out of him, it didnt feel right keeping him after foul hooking him in a dillie, and compared to the other ones i caught at woodie point he really had a bad odour about him. I've still got flake in the freezer from the last ones!!.