PDA

View Full Version : Nugget's cancer fund raiser update

Nugget
17-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks to all those that have dug deep during Talking Fishing on 4BC and helped to raise money for the Children's Cancer Support Foundation inc.
To date, with Sunday morning to go, the total raised is $3860.

Tomorrow we auction off a trip fishing for whiting with Nev Wyatt.
Nev is a personal friend and mentor of mine - in my opinion one of the best Nerang River whiting anglers alive and a great teacher.
Out of respect for Nev and his late wife Margaret, I have had many requests to donate rather than bid by non fishing friends.
So tomorrow morning, as well as taking bids to fish with Nev, we will be taking donations - announcing the running total.
A big ask - but our aim is a combined total of $7000.
That means we need to break all records and raise $3140 tomorrow morning.

Every dollar counts - join in the fun tomorrow morning 5 - 7am Qld time on 1116am 4BC or at www.4bc.com.au

Thanks again.

Dave ><>

Nugget
18-12-2005, 10:36 AM
The way it unfolded...

With less than 30 min to go we still needed about $2,800 to reach our target of $7000.
The high bid at that point was $300.
Bill Stoddart, Nev's boss had run raffles at Stoddart Industries and handed an envelope over #- to my surprise it was a cheque for $2000.
Nev threw a spanner in the works and offered to sell off trips to anyone that could equal or beat the highest bid.
Then the flood gates opened.
At 7am - close of the Show - the total raised for the Children's Cancer Support Foundation Inc. is $8030.

Thanks all - especially to the Ausfishers that helped out in a big way.

Dave ><>

robersl
18-12-2005, 10:40 AM
well done dave heard the last 30 minutes of the show this morning great job in raising the well needed funds and you and your listeners must be congradulated on your efforts

shane caboolture

Mighty_Quin
18-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Many thanks for your effort in raising funds for such a worthy cause. Also pass on this to the participants and bidders who achieved this great result. In particular I would like to thank "Nifty" Nev for his time in showing how it is done in the Nerang river. I think I can claim fame as to giving him this nick name. It goes back to the time when he started fishing with the Victory club. I enjoy your radio program and listen to it whenever I can. Next year I will endeavour to contact you and give you reports from Caloundra. Tight lines. regards Barry.