PDA

View Full Version : Keeping an eye out.

gropeher
18-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Hows it all,
So here I am overseas now on holiday and I still cant drag myself away from this bloody addictive site,
I am staying with my Sister and Brother in law in NZ downing many a quiet ones and looking to have a fish hopfully at the end of the week.
I went to visit a Company this morning called Ray Glass fibreglass boats, now this mob knows how to make a mighty fine rig.
Anyhows all,
Just thought I better touch base before I got withdrawal systoms.

Take care all, have a safe Xmas and I catch up when I get home..

Cheers Ryan..

uripper
18-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Reel Magic

Since u were having a bit of trouble getting a pre-Xmas service, a few of the boys thought we’d do the right thing & make sure the Cruisy is all set for the Yamba adventure – seemed like the Chrissy thing to do for a fellow Ausfisher - just "keeping an eye out" for u too pal.

That cover is a bit of a pain to remove so we cut it across the middle – much easier to handle in 2 pieces – oh, we need more of that Telstra rope too – damn fence – sorry ‘bout that.

Anyways she kicked over just fine but took a while to find the muffs after that stupid alarm went off – did u find & replace the impeller? – did u get a spare one? … might be the thermostaty thingy? – we plugged that water leak spurt’in out the back of the motor – surprised u missed that.

Noticed she was runnin’ a bit rough so checked the plugs – crickey did Gozilla put those in or what? – they had a real good coating of oil on’em so putt’em straight back – they are hard to get in aren’t they? - but my mate a really big spanner – lucky eh?

So she sounds like really good now – like a big V8 with a worked camshaft – u know – clunka, clunka, clunka – sweet as.

You may have overfilled the oil somewhere as there seems to be a lot coming from under the engine cowl – we wiped that up so she’s all nice & clean now.

Thought we’d better check the trailer bearings & brakes too (no troubles) – all good until my other mates jack fell over – we’ll have to come back tomorrow with a block & tackle or sumthin – good thing that Cruisy’s got a tuff hull eh? – another mates a panel beater who’s sure to have a bit of white bog – right as rain mate.

Anyways u just relax over there in the land of boiling mud knowing your little treasure is in safe hands & will be all set for that Mexican raid. We’ll try for a water test too - just to make sure – my old ute has a tow bar but the brakes aren’t too flash – we’ll take it easy – me mates got a truck licence so driving a boat should be no probs eh.

Rip & the boys (no need to thank us) ;D

PS - u know why the NZ horses run so fast don’t ya ….
Cos they found out what happens to the sheep !!! LOL

gropeher
18-12-2005, 07:18 PM
You're scaring the crapper out of me here,
thats my pride and joy you are talking about, thats just one of those things you cant joke about you know.

Ryan..

isaac
18-12-2005, 07:48 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

uripper
18-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Reel Magic
No worries - all good.
Even invited others in the Joke of the day thread to join in the merriment but no strikes yet - ah well, hope u saw the funny side - I'm sure "pride and joy" is tucked up safe & sound where u last left it ... maybe.
Cheers - Rip

.... now, which mate said he had a block & tackle ;)

bigmack
19-12-2005, 03:49 PM
mate - have a look at Buccaneer Boats if they are still around - one of the nicest looking and well thought out packages on the market. How expensive are boats in NZ -