PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU FISH CHRISTMAS DAY?

fisho
15-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Do you (or have you) #fished Christmas Day?

BG
15-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I will be heading to awoonga to wet a line and try out some new presents ( fingers crossed)

cheers Ben :)

blaze
15-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Do the family thing in the morning, dinner with my side of the family, tea with wifes side of family (this year at my place, probable be 50+ people) may spend the arfo working on the boat whilst hiding and having the odd ale.
so to answer the question, not for the last 25 years.
cheers
blaze

bdowdy
15-12-2005, 08:35 PM
:)if icould i would fish everyday, may have aday out with the fam fishing and eating and drinking at glenlyon this xmas. ;D ;D

nonibbles
15-12-2005, 08:39 PM
No!! Some things are infact more sacred than fishing.
e.g. my neck ;D

Rainbowrunner
15-12-2005, 08:50 PM
yeh i ll be fishin xmas day
see u there Bg

rajawolf
15-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I cant ..I am the only driver...and i love my xmas day beer :-X

fishingnottake
15-12-2005, 09:11 PM
i do, get up open presents, then vanish...

McCod
15-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Yep.... for sure if givin half a chance ;D will be this Xmas

caloundra
15-12-2005, 09:19 PM
NO... [smiley=earmuffs.gif] not worth the ear bashing

Hookem_Herby
15-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I do along with the ENTIRE family .... a bit of a tradition ;D ;)
Helps when you celebrate on Xmas eve ..... and there's hardly any ppl out and about .. more fish to catch! lol
Merry Christmas ALL.
Herby :) :) :)

Sportfish_5
15-12-2005, 09:33 PM
No!! Some things are infact more sacred than fishing.
e.g. my neck ;D

There are other things that are even more sacred and rhyme with chesticles ::) :o :o :o :o :o :o

Cheers

Greg

Graham_N_Roberts
15-12-2005, 09:35 PM
:) I doubt I'd be able to see the hook .... let alone be steady enough to bait the thing. ;D :P

MMMMMery Xmas

Blackened
15-12-2005, 10:16 PM
G'day
Well... i did last year, may even consider it this year aswell. It was windy, got rained on but came home with sweetlip n mackeral.
Dave

bushbeachboy
15-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Yes. Go early and back by lunchtime. Open pressies after that, a few ales, no driving to be done.

jackash
15-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Flicked softies in the Mooloolah River last Xmas, was one of our best days for the trip... got busted off several times by VERY BIG fish, caught a couple of ncie bream and trevally. AND came home very late, at which point i think my parents wanted my .... rhymes with chesticles!!

bidkev
15-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Camped at the pin last year. It was the first Xmas day the deckie had been given off in 6 yrs. Got wiped out in the storm on Boxing day. Dropped the deckie off at Rudy's at 5am and she then drove back to work at The Prince Charles, did a shift then came back for the next two days.

She was in a helluva state as we'd been up nearly all night putting the camp back together. When I picked her up again at rudys she had a bloody big laundry sack with a red cross on it full of goodies. She said the staff and patients had had a whip round and collected a Red Cross parcel for us ;D The kids were over the moon with the goodies as we were.......Crab's nice but we were getting a bit sick of it #::) ;D One of the nicest Xmas's we'd experienced :)

This year, we've got rellies coming to see us so getting quietly pissed at home might make a change and at least the prezzies won't get soaked or struck by lightning ;D

You all have a good one now :)

For those that haven't already seen it........this was our xmas tree ;D

kev

timbacutta
16-12-2005, 07:32 AM
In days gone by,we were only allowed to check the crab pots if they were in. Mum loves here crab. All other forms of fishing were heavily frowned upon. Nowadays it depends wether I am on call for work :-? or not.

Jeff. :)

juicyfruit
16-12-2005, 07:54 AM
:( With me being in the hospitality trade and the other half in the law enforcement trade, xmas time is our busiest time of year. We are flat out seeing each other on xmas day let alone fish it......given the chance, we would.

Juicy

stevedemon
16-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi All
well there are two times of the year that are a no no one is the Wifes Birthday and the other is Xmas asmuch as i love fish i'm not in to being a Game fisherman as they say
# #
Game fishing is going fishing
on the
#Wifes Birthday or Xmas
with your mates

anyway hope yopu all have a Merry and Safe Xmas and a Very Happy Year
#
# remember Water and alchol do not mix

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Fishin_Dan
16-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Hi All
well there are two times of the year that are a no no one is the Wifes Birthday and the other is Xmas asmuch as i love fish i'm not in to being a Game fisherman as they say

Game fishing is going fishing
on the
Wifes Birthday or Xmas
with your mates

anyway hope yopu all have a Merry and Safe Xmas and a Very Happy Year

remember Water and alchol do not mix

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

That's right! That damn water tries to sober you up!!! ;D ;D ;D

Not allowed to fish Xmas day... Missus would do some serious damage! (To rhymes with chesticles) :'(

Would love to if I could though! (Although we will be with her family on holidays on Xmas day, so you never know ;) )

88fishframe
16-12-2005, 09:17 AM
I asked my wife about going fishing Christmas Day. HO HO HO :)

MIKOS
16-12-2005, 10:27 AM
No not fishin Chrissy day, :)

Chrissy day and boxing day might do some rod and reel maintenance.

But mostly those two days are spent eating and drinking with family.

Its a great time of the year.

Will be down the pin a few times though after Chrissy is over.

Mike ;)

Owen
16-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I've got an excuse this year ;D ;D
I ordered a new prop but couldn't get down to pick it up, so I asked the wife to (first she knew about it).
She says "If I'm picking it up it's going to be wrapped and put under the tree".

Soooooo, given that it'll be a chrissy prezzie I'll have to unwrap it, fit it & go outside and play!!

Think it'll fly?? [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

cheers,
Owen

Spaniard_King
16-12-2005, 05:35 PM
It''s actually one of the best days to go, all you mob have to stay home and open pressies ;D ;D ;D ;D

I get the kids up..and the missus :-X open a few then off we go..missus goes back to bed for a sleep in and the kids take there new toys..(fishin gear..what else) out for a fish 8-)

Garry

redspeckle
16-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I might be able to head out for a fish but only couple of catches have stay in range of phone serivce being on-call over Xmas New Year :'( period and the weather :-/
Mitch :)

gunna
16-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Best of both worlds. Xmas day at my daughters and fish from her backyard at the same time. See if we can decimate the Tilapia population on the Gold Coast.

al_neibling
16-12-2005, 07:46 PM
We I suppose my hubby is one of the lucky ones 'cause he never has to ask me twice to go fishing with him. We are planning (weather permiting of course) to head over to one of the islands off townsville and camp the night (Oh and there is my back!) we do not have any familythat will be here tis just us so we can do what we like ;D

Outriggers arrived yesterday and they are on the boat now I cannot wait to give them a go ::)

Will keep you all posted

merry christmas
al :)

bevnarch
16-12-2005, 08:23 PM
all planned for chrissy weather permitting........picnic lunch prawns and a cold chook a few drinks and and an afternoon on the bay arch

Seahorse
16-12-2005, 08:51 PM
going to have early lunch, then off to bedrooms for overnighter.

cheers
greg

daz35
16-12-2005, 11:01 PM
everyone who asked what i want for christmas recieved a reply of some sort of fishing gear so it would be too rude of me not to put the boat in and try it all out.

brooker
17-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Not normally, but this year I will.....

noodlemantra
17-12-2005, 08:54 AM
might do, down at cape liptrap or something in victoria, outside of melb, anyone got any tips? what do you get there?

my girl's parents live on the coast and i might just wonder on down with the handline and a few ambers

saphire
17-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Christmas day for me is full of family duties.
There is no place I would rather be than to be on my boat and fishing on Christmas Day but sadly that is not the case.
What ever you are doing on Christmas day I hope that it is a wonderful, peacefull, and special time for you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Saphire. :)

AnthonyL
17-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Havent done so in the past but we will this year.

The_Walrus
17-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Big sleep in at my place following xmas eve get together. :)

So I can get up early go and play with the local bass and be home before anyone is up. ;D

Luc

vanurose
19-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Xmas Day is the best day of the year to go out in the boat. Last Xmas we went and there was no one else on the water, the boat ramp was deserted too. Its better than sitting around all day talking a whole lot of small talk about nothing. If my family lived closer then I would enjoy Xmas more, but they have all grown up and have their own young families now. Xmas is for kids.

Volvo
20-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Definetly a day with the familly :), ringing up reliies etc wishing them a Merry Christmas , opening pressies with the Familly n Grandchildren.
Plenty of time during the year to wet a line n thinks Chrissy is that time of the year to be with Familly..
Cheers and wish you all a Verry Merry Christmas
God Bless n keep safe.

propdinger
20-12-2005, 08:37 AM
i have been asked 400 times in the last month if we are going out in the boat on chrissy morning and of course i cant say NO or she would be very unhappy. ;D #after all the money i used for the boat was going to be for a new car for the wife ::) ::) #;D oh what a hard life we live