PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Crabbing Question

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Lets say one goes camping for a few days/nights, puts in the allowed amount of mudcrab pots per person then decides to do a spot of sandcrabbing with the "witches hat" pots during the day, goes to another section of the river, well away from said mudcrad pot set & procedes to sandcrab, Would one now be deemed as having, by law, too many pots in ????, ::) :-? :-/. Touchy.><>

thumps
20-12-2005, 07:25 AM
yes

thumps
20-12-2005, 07:34 AM
in tidal waters up to 4 crab pots or dillies (or a combination of pots and dillies) may be used per person

DPI General Rules

rando
20-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I noticed on a post the other day someone mentioned having 3 people on board and a total of 12 pots. I thought the maximum allowable was 10 per vessel, I may be wrong about that ruling though, correct me if I am.
rando

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Bugger, I thought as much ::), tho', even thinking about it & having the mudcrab or sandcrab pots back at camp whilst I did either would probably be breaking some law as to having too many pots in possession overall. *SIGH*. Touchy.><>

dasher
20-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Bugger, I thought as much ::), tho', even thinking about it & having the mudcrab or sandcrab pots back at camp whilst I did either would probably be breaking some law as to having too many pots in possession overall. *SIGH*. Touchy.><>

Nah ya can have as many as you like, it's only the ones in the water that count. ;) Same deal as rods, how many fishos do you know that only take 3 rods with them camping. :-? ;)

rajawolf
20-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Them's the rules..... ::) but u know :-X

thumps
20-12-2005, 06:12 PM
yeap them are the rules...and i for one wouldnt break them.

i know of alot of grey areas in the translation of the rules...but i think their there for a dam good reason in some cases..and need to be supported if we are all to share the dwindling numbers of fish/crab stocks in our local areas..

just my morals i guess

did you know???....that you can go redclaw fishing within permit areas without a licence???

robersl
20-12-2005, 07:14 PM
think you will find you are not allowed to have more than 4 per person in the boat or water at 1 time camp site ok i think as place of residence hope your not camping on your boat you are not allowed to carry spares in the boat to in case you smash a pot up you will be deemed to be in possession

webby
20-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Fred me boy, what you do is put your crab pots in with Mr Touchy on them, then put your sandy pots in with Mrs Touchy on them, but she'll have to be onboard just in case someone holds up the Red Stop Sign :)
C Ya when i get back.
regards

Billo
20-12-2005, 09:32 PM
POTS ....they aren't MY pots ::)

rando
20-12-2005, 10:12 PM
So that was you at woody point Jetty last week Billo ;D ;D ;D ;D

dasher
20-12-2005, 10:36 PM
think you will find you are not allowed to have more than 4 per person in the boat or water at 1 time camp site ok #i think as place of residence hope your not camping on your boat you are not allowed to carry spares in the boat to in case you smash a pot up you will be deemed to be in possession

Sorry but have to disagree, the amount of gear in possession is not restricted unless it is prohibited equipment. You can have 50 pots on the boat (although they may ask questions) ;D Same as you can have as many rods or handlines on board, it is only the ones in the water that count. ;) ;D